Nation's largest health insurer about to exit obamacare???!!!

Everyone has always had the opportunity to buy health insurance.

In the sense that everyone has always had the opportunity to buy a Lexus.

Many simply chose not to do so until they had a major accident or illness.

Many chose not to, true. And they're the ones howling the loudest now about being "forced" to take adult responsibility.

However, either you really don't know as much as you claim to, or you're lying about people waiting until they have a major accident or illness.

Here's a test for you: What would happen if you waited until after you smashed up your car to get auto insurance? (Hint: Your premiums would be obscene.)

Why pretend the old system of health insurance was any different?

The only area in which it was different was in preexisting conditions. That would be the equivalent of an auto insurer saying "Sorry, we don't like the model you're driving. No coverage."

Stop lying.

Who's lying? What I said was that many people waited until they had a major illness or accident. Now, once they have had a heart attack or something, they now have a pre-existing condition and no insurance company would have taken them. You need to read and understand what I am saying smartass.

I've been insured since I was eighteen. I'm nearly 72 now. Never been dropped by any insurance company. I have heart problems, PAD, diabetes, and COPD. I never had an Obamacare type policy and I have great insurance paying zero office visit and zero deductible. I have Medicare and my other insurance pays what Medicare doesn't pay. All I pay are the Medicare premium and the insurance premium.

If everybody were as lucky as you there would be no need for Obamacare. Sadly, most not.

No luck involved. It was a question of priorities. I didn't drive a new Ford F150 pulling a nice boat. I took care of my family.

Does that matter? Do people who own boats not deserve the opportunity to buy healthcare?

Everyone has always had the opportunity to buy health insurance. Many simply chose not to do so until they had a major accident or illness.
No, the ability of nearly everyone to now by in is new. Privite companies were not required to provide access even at outrageous prices. That's capitalism for ya, and part of the problem.

Yes. Back then the idea was to get your insurance while you were young and healthy and hold onto it. Once you had your insurance, if you suffered an illness, the insurance would pay.

If everybody were as lucky as you there would be no need for Obamacare. Sadly, most not.

No luck involved. It was a question of priorities. I didn't drive a new Ford F150 pulling a nice boat. I took care of my family.

Does that matter? Do people who own boats not deserve the opportunity to buy healthcare?

Everyone has always had the opportunity to buy health insurance. Many simply chose not to do so until they had a major accident or illness.
No, the ability of nearly everyone to now by in is new. Privite companies were not required to provide access even at outrageous prices. That's capitalism for ya, and part of the problem.

Yes. Back then the idea was to get your insurance while you were young and healthy and hold onto it. Once you had your insurance, if you suffered an illness, the insurance would pay.
Most people get a group policy, that stays with their job. Insurance is still capitalism, and therefore not the solution in many cases.

Everyone has always had the opportunity to buy health insurance.

In the sense that everyone has always had the opportunity to buy a Lexus.

Many simply chose not to do so until they had a major accident or illness.

Many chose not to, true. And they're the ones howling the loudest now about being "forced" to take adult responsibility.

However, either you really don't know as much as you claim to, or you're lying about people waiting until they have a major accident or illness.

Here's a test for you: What would happen if you waited until after you smashed up your car to get auto insurance? (Hint: Your premiums would be obscene.)

Why pretend the old system of health insurance was any different?

The only area in which it was different was in preexisting conditions. That would be the equivalent of an auto insurer saying "Sorry, we don't like the model you're driving. No coverage."

Stop lying.

Who's lying? What I said was that many people waited until they had a major illness or accident. Now, once they have had a heart attack or something, they now have a pre-existing condition and no insurance company would have taken them. You need to read and understand what I am saying.

Next time make sure to include that last part.

Listen, I feel sorry for the people. I hate to see anyone without insurance. The truth is though, like I stated, Obamacare is self-destructing every day. To deny that fact is the lie. Anytime a consumer is forced to purchase a product against his will, there must be something very wrong with the product.

Most people get a group policy, that stays with their job. Insurance is still capitalism, and therefore not the solution in many cases.

And people who become dependent on the employers' group plan don't realize that premiums don't stay the same with health insurance any more than they do with life insurance...they increase every five years.

That dependency leads to confusion and a lot of yammering on message boards.

And people who become dependent on the employers' group plan don't realize that premiums don't stay the same with health insurance any more than they do with life insurance...they increase every five years.

Actually, five years has nothing to do with anything. The premiums could go up annually and often did. Once in a blue moon would the premiums decrease. Employer sponsored health insurance was the way to go for many people. Every federal employee in the world has a fantastic employer sponsored health plan. That's millions of people. The federal government pays 75% of an employee's premium.

Actually, five years has nothing to do with anything. The premiums could go up annually and often did. Once in a blue moon would the premiums decrease. Employer sponsored health insurance was the way to go for many people. Every federal employee in the world has a fantastic employer sponsored health plan. That's millions of people. The federal government pays 75% of an employee's premium.

Guess it depends on the carrier. Mine use to tick up every five years.

And, yes, employer-provided coverage was the norm for decades...emphasis on "was," because it's been eroding for decades as well. The result, prior to the PPACA, was that some people got a free ride, often to a Cadillac plan (the higher up the corporate ladder - i.e., the less likely you were to need "free stuff" - the sweeter your plan), more and more people got dropped when the employer said "Sucks to be you," others relegated to contractor status whether they wanted to be or not, and others were just priced out of the market.

In a word, chaos.

And, again, eliminating the middle man - i.e., the insurer - and going straight to single payer would have made more sense.

But lobbyists for the insurers and the pharma companies spread panic, and so...

And, yes, employer-provided coverage was the norm for decades...emphasis on "was," because it's been eroding for decades as well. The result, prior to the PPACA, was that some people got a free ride, often to a Cadillac plan (the higher up the corporate ladder - i.e., the less likely you were to need "free stuff" - the sweeter your plan), more and more people got dropped when the employer said "Sucks to be you," others relegated to contractor status whether they wanted to be or not, and others were just priced out of the market.

In a word, chaos.

And, again, eliminating the middle man - i.e., the insurer - and going straight to single payer would have made more sense.

It is what it is. Something, sometime or another will have to be done about the influence these lobbyists put on Congress members.

manate-is-not-a-tax.jpg

And as he continues to LIE, now even going so far as to put American lives in danger from muslim terrorists....

CT8r07TUYAAbjZ7.jpg-large.jpeg

In a word, chaos.

It is what it is. Something, sometime or another will have to be done about the influence these lobbyists put on Congress members.

Agreed. But they've been loitering in the halls of government since Washington's day, so it won't be easy. A gradual turning of the screws on big money interests (the How to Boil a Frog scenario), starting with overturning Citizens United, would accomplish it, with a little patience and a SCOTUS ruling (it was SCOTUS that opened the door for Citizens United in the first place).

It would have to apply to lobbyists across the board, though.

In the interim, single payer health coverage will be a reality eventually.

you might not be able to. United Health care is backing out...can't afford the losses. What ya say now Nancy?

Major insurer may leave ObamaCare

Tell Nancy there's already a thread about this in the correct forum.

Obamacare is very political.

Search Results for Query: Obamacare | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum[node]=19

Meh, evidently not political enough....or....;)

Forum List

Back