Louisiana Just Voted to Give a Quarter of a Million People Health Care

Who pays for it?

Don't worry. You'll still get your Medicaid and food stamps for free.

Obamacare is system of insurance pools that each person pays for. So everyone pays for it. ;) The good thing about it is the reality the private sector can't screw you over for having cancer, can't jack the prices up the ass and it is easier on people that need it.

Who pays for it?

Don't worry. You'll still get your Medicaid and food stamps for free.

Obamacare is system of insurance pools that each person pays for. So everyone pays for it. ;) The good thing about it is the reality the private sector can't screw you over for having cancer, can't jack the prices up the ass and it is easier on people that need it.

Why should I be paying for someone else's healthcare? We pay for our own and still pay for someone else? Sounds like welfare

Why should I be paying for someone else's healthcare? We pay for our own and still pay for someone else? Sounds like welfare

Only to a moron.

All insurance is predicated on the Pareto principle. You were given a chance to learn upthread, but you'd rather just keep parroting the talking points.

Do you have car insurance? Do you understand how that works? Apparently not...

I predict another failed Government program whose worshipers will later blame "small Government" as to why more Government failed to deliver.

I predict another failed Government program whose worshipers will later blame "small Government" as to why more Government failed to deliver.

I predict you can't explain your prediction rationally.

The government will set benchmarks that sell the program. The Government will fail to achieve these benchmarks but tell people that they are doing great! At some point the people will not feel this new Government system is any better than what they had before and that's when progressives (republican or indi or Dem) blame small Government. In blaming "small Government" for more Government intervention in HC, they will demand more money is needed and possible a whole new program.

If you wish to see this in a current event just look up Obamacare.

1: Benchmarks were set to sell Obamacare
2: Benchmarks have failed to be achieved
3: Blame was placed on Small government (yes, the blame is placed on people that said Government HC will fail, basically on a bad attitude."
4: More money is needed
5: Now support to take the whole system down and replace it with a bigger Government run system.

We are now at sage 5.

This program will yield the same results.

Have fun watching history repeat and repeat and repeat itself.

^Thank you for a well-thought-out answer. :)

Maybe Louisiana's new governor can make it work the way Romney made it work in Massachusetts. A smaller-scale program than a federal one. That was the argument given by many before passage of the PPACA. Those "for" would cite its being based on Romneycare; those against would argue "just because it worked in one state doesn't mean it can work across the country."

Wait and see, I guess.

Who pays for it?

You DO know that you pay for uninsured to be treated, don't you?
Study: Insured Paying Higher ‘Hidden Tax’ For Uninsured Health Care
Study: Insured Paying Higher 'Hidden Tax' For Uninsured Health Care
So matter what, with the US's healthcare system, they have ways to always get you paying for others.
The attached article explains one of the reasons why Americans pay almost double than the second most expensive healthcare system in the world. The healthcare industry, with the help of their stooges in Washington, will always find a way to get your money.

^Thank you for a well-thought-out answer. :)

Maybe Louisiana's new governor can make it work the way Romney made it work in Massachusetts. A smaller-scale program than a federal one. That was the argument given by many before passage of the PPACA. Those "for" would cite its being based on Romneycare; those against would argue "just because it worked in one state doesn't mean it can work across the country."

Wait and see, I guess.

Romneycare didn't work. It was a failure that got to the step I mentioned where it needed money, that's where the federal Government was bailing it out every single year.

Thank you for a nice response.

Only to a moron.

All insurance is predicated on the Pareto principle. You were given a chance to learn upthread, but you'd rather just keep parroting the talking points.

The old car insurance false comparison,good try.

Only to a moron.

It's someone's choice to own an automobile and they understand insurance is a requirement. But nice try

Only to a moron.

It's someone's choice to own an automobile and they understand insurance is a requirement. But nice try

And forget the fact that Auto insurance isnt subsidized.

Well, at least there's an indication that y'all understand the concept of auto insurance. Based on some of the posts on this board and particularly with regard to this subject, I get the impression you're all <12 years old.

The analogy - which I had not yet drawn - was not to have been between health and car ownership, but since we'd need several incremental steps to get to that level, I'll wait for the penny to drop...or for Sassy to respond to Post #15, whichever happens first. Given that she's pointedly ignoring Post #15, I'll concentrate my energies elsewhere.

New Topics

Forum List

Back