Nation's first female Somali American Muslim law makers takes Oath on Koran

I don't mind as long as this law maker acknowledges U.S. trumps Sharia Law. :D
The whole point of taking the oath on the koran is that islamic law is higher our laws.

No. The whole point is that when you swear an oath on something - you swear it on something that is MEANINGFUL to YOU.

Is swearing an oath on the Bible making the point that Biblican law is higher than our laws? No.

Is swearing an oath on a box of Mac and Cheese making the point that dinner is more important than our laws? Well...maybe.

But if you are Christian - and you the Bible is important to you, then swearing an oath on it means something important to you. It might not to me. But it does to YOU. Swearing an oath on a Koran would be meaningless to you.
. Worked for centuries until you libs decided you wanted to split with the country. Now you work to separate in order to someday conquer. All these things are the very things that separate, yet you libs think this country is to beat down and dumb to know it.

I'm trying to figure out what you are saying.

Are you saying people should swear on something that has no meaning to them just to make you comfortable?
Are you saying that people who don't believe in the Bible's authority should not be sworn into office?

Separate and conquor..everyone who is being sworn into office is part of a group of people who feel that serving this country, it's Constitution and it's people as a representative in public office is an important job. How is that so wrong?
. Because we have had standards that we as Americans identify with, and we have had protocol that when these standards are honored, then we can feel unified with a person who has not a problem with being American under the standards and Constitution that creates the American character in which we have honored and cherished over the years.

The standard has been for Americans to swear in on the Holy Bible, and we see this being denide now... When we see this, then we see people who are not truly willing to unite as Americans under our flag or unite under the standards chosen by our people for hundreds of years now.

What the heck does that mean?

I don't mind as long as this law maker acknowledges U.S. trumps Sharia Law. :D
The whole point of taking the oath on the koran is that islamic law is higher our laws.

No. The whole point is that when you swear an oath on something - you swear it on something that is MEANINGFUL to YOU.
If the Koran is meaningful to you, then the Constitution is not.

What is so funny about that is both the Bible and the Quran would be considered antithetical to the Constitution, by your definition.

And it misses the entire point. They are swearing an oath. When you swear an oath you swear it on something that is meaningful to you personally - that would hold you honor bound to uphold your oath. What you swear ON has no bearing on what you are swearing to.
The Bible absolutely is not antithetical to the Constitution. The Constitution references it.

Where?

You best read it again!

Because we have had standards that we as Americans identify with, and we have had protocol that when these standards are honored, then we can feel unified with a person who has not a problem with being American under the standards and Constitution that creates the American character in which we have honored and cherished over the years.

The standard has been for Americans to swear in on the Holy Bible, and we see this being denide now... When we see this, then we see people who are not truly willing to unite as Americans under our flag or unite under the standards chosen by our people for hundreds of years now.

Oh, bullshit. Nowhere in this nation are people being denied the use of the Bible for swearing-in ceremonies. You don't get to decide what religious book people use when they take the oath of their office. Don't like it? Tough shit.
. A little lacking in your comprehension skills there buddy ??

Not at all. I am enjoying watching some of you people pussy ache over the fact that a women decided to use the holy book of her choose for her swearing-in ceremony.

With all respect (because I respect and like you) too many beheadings lately, coming out of that so called "holy book" koran aka the religion of piss.

That religion has to be kept at arm's length....that religion doesn't belong with The West and with Christianity.

With all due respect, your opinion is noted and dismissed with prejudice because of your uneducated background on this topic.

Culture clashes are good things.

Ask any snowflake.

How is it a "culture clash"?
Another snowflake; another dumb question.

Just ask yourself how one culture benefits from another culture that attacks it.

We are talking about swearing an oath. Not attacking cultures.

Would you swear an oath of office on a box of mac and cheese?

That would make him a Pastafarian, right?

Absolutely!

Your example is way off base with none of the qualifiers that this woman has. She pledged her allegiance to both the US and the Quran they are mutually exclusive ideologies.

And Moslems are instructed by their religion to place Islamic law above man made law - always. Her religion will always come before America.

Are you a Muslim? How do you know this? Where is it said in the Quran?

It's a stupid question since there is no such religion. Your absurd argument aside, we have the freedom to practice religion but that does not grant permission to violate laws.

It's a hypothetical which you missed the point of. Zinged right over your head.

If you have a religion that demands the death of infants for it's practitioners to gain paradise then we can guarantee babies will die. That would be a certainty. So, at what point do we accept the absurd dictum of freedom of religion. The willingness to gamble the lives of our babies for the freedom of an evil religion to exist in our country is something only a sick ideology like today's Liberalism can accept.
You're demented to think I don't get it's a hypothetical. :cuckoo: But then you're also demented to not comprehend the stupidity of your question. Just as you're too stupid to comprehend the answer... religion is not a license to break the law.

This.

It's funny how the idiotic alt-Left think that Islam on American soil will magically be transformed into a good religion -be magically different than Islam in the Middle East.

Funny how the idiotic and ignorant right wing nut jobs think that American Muslims are all out to get them.

Some 3 million American Muslims- and I can walk into my neighborhood grocery and be confident that the Palestinian American Muslims won't murder me because I am not Muslim. But you think he will.

I've been to various Muslim countries, and I'm still alive too.
. You didn't try to use the Holy Bible to swear in on a position of power or to host a wedding or reside over a function or use it to give words of encouragement etc. did you ? You people are slam crazy is what you are.

And what does this have to do with people thinking that all Muslims are going to try and kill them?
. Huh ? Can't deal with the point that I made can you ? Your response speaks of a confusion in your mind now. We aren't twisting and turning as you are now, so straighten up before you get wound so tight you just start babbling away.. lol.

No, I can't deal with the "point" that you made. Firstly because it has nothing to do with what is being spoken about and secondly it involves an insult and thirdly it isn't worthy of being called "a point" because it's just a waste of time. So you're damn fucking right that I can't deal with that shit.

Why is this a bad thing?
She and her brood have no business being in this country, the Koran itself is anathema to the oath she just swore it on.

And who are you to decide that she has no business being here?

A citizen of the western world who will fight and die to preserve it from these backwards savages, people like you wish to open the gates to the barbarians and allow for the destruction of western civilization from within. Oh and this particular pedophile worshipper committed immigration fraud by marrying her own fucking brother to get him residency status.
Why did you need to lie so blatantly to make your so-called "point"?

I didn't lie about a god damn thing your ignorance is not my fucking problem,
she married her brother in order to commit immigration fraud:

A reader has written us to point out that the Somali website Somalispot posted information last week suggesting Omar’s involvement in marriage and immigration fraud. The post notes that Omar married Ahmed Hirsi in 2002. Hirsi is the father of Omar’s three children. Omar is depicted with Hirsi and their children on Omar’s campaign website here.

The post further notes that Omar married her brother Ahmed Nur Said Elmi in 2009, implying that the latter marriage assisted his entry into the United States. Her brother was a British citizen. “As soon as Ilhan Omar married him,” the post continues, “he started university at her [a]lma mater North Dakota State University where he graduated in 2012. Shortly thereafter, he moved to Minneapolis where he was living in a public housing complex and was later evicted. He then returned to the United Kingdom where he now lives.”

First Elected Somali in Minnesota Legislature Married Her Own Brother

Thanks for playing.

A Somali website! Thanks for playing. You don't get any parting gifts because you don't deserve any for posting fake news.

How many Muslim members of our military have found and died or been wounded for our country?

Not nearly as many as US servicemen they have killed while serving in the US military.
Oh really? Give us the figures then.

You can start with Nidal Hasan and this interesting article from slate:

The American soldiers who want to destroy America.

Muslims have less business being in the military than they do being in the country.
Did you have issues with Muslim fellow soldiers when you served? You DID serve, right?

I have an issue with pedophile worshippers period.

So I take it you are anti-Catholic too?

Nation’s First Female Somali-American Muslim Lawmaker Takes Oath on Koran
--------------
Selling America out right under your noses................... lmao

WTF are you babbling about now? Taking an oath of office on a Koran is selling out America?

if you don't know you are the big part of AMERICA's problem

No, the problem is knee-jerk reactions to a nonexistent problem.

This is not the first politician to be sworn in with a Koran. In fact, a congressman was sworn in using a Koran 10 years ago. He used a copy that had once belonged to Thomas Jefferson.

We have freedom of religion in this country. If someone is elected by their district to lead the people, it really doesn't matter what their religion is, because it says that there shall be no religious test when it comes to holding public office.

Ok, so my new religion says I have to drink all the blood from an infant to reach paradise. So too my followers. Shall I have freedom to practice my religion?

No, because that violates our laws, just like stoning adulterers, sacrificing virgins, and handling venomous snakes are also illegal under our laws.

. He or she might be the parent of a dead American who was killed at the hands of terrorist yelling Allah Akbar.. Ever thought about that ? Well of course you didn't.
Since when does the right care about parents of fallen Americans? The Khan's were parents of an American soldier who was killed in action by a Muslim. Yet the right viciously attacked the Khan's.
Hardly, the dead soldier's parents used him as fodder. They were also connected to the Clintons.

"Kahn told that he worked for the firm of Hogan & Hartson in Washington D.C., a major area firm. (The firm has since rebranded itself.) As a lawyer for the firm, he had connection with both Saudi Arabia and the Clinton Foundation. Saudi Arabia has retained the firm and paid $35 million to the Clinton Foundation. That firm also did Hillary Clinton's taxes."
Corruption? Khizr Khan may have moved money for Clintons, did their taxes - Politics & Policy - News - Catholic Online

You were used. :itsok:

:laugh:
And their son still died a hero at the hands of a Muslim. Sorry, that doesn't change no matter how badly you wish it did. Sadly, mamy folks on the right care more about their ideology than they do for those who serve in our military.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The parents used his death in the hopes of getting money...:fu:

I don't think so. I listened to his speech, and his wife interviewed later, and the impression I got was complete sincerity, and a deep love for his adopted country. He shouldn't have been demonized simply because he spoke in support of Hillary's campaign and had the audacity to call Trump out on his remarks.

Sorry! He is an immigration lawyer who saw Trumps as a roadblock to his way of making a living. That is all.

Nation’s First Female Somali-American Muslim Lawmaker Takes Oath on Koran
--------------
Selling America out right under your noses................... lmao

WTF are you babbling about now? Taking an oath of office on a Koran is selling out America?

One of America's problems is so-called conservatives like yourself who think freedom of religion only applies to your religion and no one else's

There is no freedom to immigrate to the US, we have a long history of ideological tests for immigration which have been upheld repeatedly by the SCOTUS.

Islam is an ideology the same as every religion and should be judged on its tenants and the views of its adherents. Islam is a violent, totalitarian, theocratic, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, homophobic, and supremacist ideology and the overwhelming majority of its adherents (we're talking high 90 percentiles) are homophobic, anti-Semitic, misogynistic, and theocratic, were very large percentages supporting jihadist terrorist organizations and honor killings even in supposedly moderate Muslim majority countries like Indonesia. The concepts found in Islam and its followers are antithetical to the western values of pluralism, liberty, and equality and we should not be promoting them or encouraging or allowing mass Muslim immigration by the tens of millions into the west.

None of those are illegal.

One of America's problems is so-called conservatives like yourself who think freedom of religion only applies to your religion and no one else's
. Goes back to compatibility with our traditions, laws, and culture as does define the United States. There are of course religions that don't qualify because they are absolutely not compatible. One is so bad that it is killing Americans, but the idiots refuse to admit it or see it. Americans blood is on their hands.

People of all religions have killed Americans.

Meanwhile freedom of religion was enshrined in our Constitution because our forefathers had had experience with bigots like yourself who would decide which religion was allowed and which was not allowed.
. A religion that is incompatible with the culture, laws and traditions of this United States, why yes of course it should be deemed unexceptable as based upon the content of the religion in which is then practiced literally by it's followers to the detriment of this nation in which is just common sense to notice it as a threat and not an asset. If a religion undermines this nation, creates danger for it's citizens, then it is not covered under our Constitution. Period.

Bullshit. Read your Constitution and tell me where it says any of that manure!

Here's the thing with people of the alt-Left such as Coyote. Their ideology is so perverted - so distorted and stupid that just when they're about to come face to face with this undeniable fact, they run like Hell in all manner of ways. It's like trying to grab a slippery eel.

That's funny. For once, Coyote is supporting the Constitution, while you are using it to wipe your ass.

It's a stupid question since there is no such religion. Your absurd argument aside, we have the freedom to practice religion but that does not grant permission to violate laws.

It's a hypothetical which you missed the point of. Zinged right over your head.

If you have a religion that demands the death of infants for it's practitioners to gain paradise then we can guarantee babies will die. That would be a certainty. So, at what point do we accept the absurd dictum of freedom of religion. The willingness to gamble the lives of our babies for the freedom of an evil religion to exist in our country is something only a sick ideology like today's Liberalism can accept.

Where are you getting this load of crap?

What is freedom of religion to YOU?

Religion is the commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance. Freedom of religion is the freedom to practice these commitments and devote oneself to their faith. However, if a particular observance is to murder innocents, then that freedom must be denied.

Where has any Muslim not been subject to our law and given a pass because of their religion?

Forum List

Back