Nation's first female Somali American Muslim law makers takes Oath on Koran

People over time change the way they interpret the scriptures of their religion - it's just that for some reason, some people don't think Muslims can or do.
We take the meaning of a text written thousands of years ago by people living in an Iron and Bronze Age rural culture who had a life style that we can only guess at, and try to make as much sense of it as we can because we believe, most of us who read it anyway, that God is making an effort to communicate Himself to us.

Jesus promised to send the Paraclete to continue to guide us into all Truth after He left Earth, and I believe to help us to understand the intended meaning of the Word of God and apply it as times, society and technology change. As a Catholic I believe that the Paraclete acts primarily through the Magisterium and the Holy Scripture, but I believe that there are unbinding personal revelations as well that are allowed to impact the consensus of the Magisterium or not to.

But the kind of society we are and the times we live in have as much impact on our ability to understand the meaning of scripture as does the time and language of the writer.

In a society that has negative stereotypes of homosexuals, or believes that they are in the aggregate a bad thing for a nation, they will tend to interpret scriptural sanctions like Romans chapter One in the most damning light, and it seems that they often times lose sight of the sin and can only react to the sinner.

I think you're obsessed with the non-existent (invented in reaction to the alt-Right) alt-Left :lmao:

I've already spoken out about the value of allowing a diversity of opinion in our Universities.

What is freedom of religion to YOU?

For me, I would say it is the right to PEACEFULLY practice our faith, and that excludes Salafi Islam.

Has it occurred to you that your "undeniable fact" is nothing more than a cow flop?

Nope. Post #394 (though simply one example among many) proves my point regarding the fact that today's Liberalism is sick and perverted.

Post #394 is just a bunch of whining. I.E. your opinion about liberals.

Pearls before swine. Because you're too challenged to understand what's being pointed out doesn't make what's being pointed out whining or mere opinion. It means, in this case, you can't get it.

My response adequately addressed post #376.

No freedom or right is unlimited.

I suggest you actually READ my comment. Preferable several times because by your comment above you haven't a clue what I said.

Here's what you said:
If you have a religion that demands the death of infants for it's practitioners to gain paradise then we can guarantee babies will die. That would be a certainty. So, at what point do we accept the absurd dictum of freedom of religion. The willingness to gamble the lives of our babies for the freedom of an evil religion to exist in our country is something only a sick ideology like today's Liberalism can accept.

Again, my answer applies. Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can kill people if your religion demands it. Any religion has to co-exist with our constitution and system of laws.

What's sick is the broad-brush labeling of the 2nd largest religion in the world and telling America's Muslims that they are evil when they've done nothing wrong, nothing to break the law.

You trot out a few good Moslems and think that the religion is good. What you fail to understand is that Muhammad considered homosexuality an abomination.The hate is written right into the doctrine. Until you change the doctrine nothing will or can change. There will always be Moslems acting out purely the instructions from their god and in the case of my hypothetical - drinking the blood of babies. YOU are supporting this evil "religion" because of your sick ideology, your bigotry and your ignorance about Islam. The blood of terrorism is on your hands and people like you. I honestly don't know who I loathe more. The terrorists or people like you. And I'm serious about this.
You trot out a few good christians and think that the religion is good.

And again, the cry from the Left when it comes to freedom of religion (as if they're oh so religious in the first place) while denying freedom of speech in their universities is hilarious. Well, not actually hilarious. More like a sick hypocrisy.

I honestly believe the alt-Left is deep into some kind of psychosis.
Of course you honestly believe that.

One of America's problems is so-called conservatives like yourself who think freedom of religion only applies to your religion and no one else's
. Goes back to compatibility with our traditions, laws, and culture as does define the United States. There are of course religions that don't qualify because they are absolutely not compatible. One is so bad that it is killing Americans, but the idiots refuse to admit it or see it. Americans blood is on their hands.

People of all religions have killed Americans.

Meanwhile freedom of religion was enshrined in our Constitution because our forefathers had had experience with bigots like yourself who would decide which religion was allowed and which was not allowed.
. A religion that is incompatible with the culture, laws and traditions of this United States, why yes of course it should be deemed unexceptable as based upon the content of the religion in which is then practiced literally by it's followers to the detriment of this nation in which is just common sense to notice it as a threat and not an asset. If a religion undermines this nation, creates danger for it's citizens, then it is not covered under our Constitution. Period.

And of course we would have good citizens like yourself deciding which are the approved religions- and which are not.

As you piss on the Constitution.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
. Amendment 1 was written where no threats like we are encountering today existed. We are smart enough as a people to know the difference in these things. The traitorous efforts to undermine this nation will be unveiled, and changes will have to come in light of.

Then change the Constitution if you despise the First Amendment so much.

But your proposals to piss on our Constitutional rights are the traitorous efforts.

Religion is the commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance. Freedom of religion is the freedom to practice these commitments and devote oneself to their faith. However, if a particular observance is to murder innocents, then that freedom must be denied.

Then that is something we agree on :)

It's a stupid question since there is no such religion. Your absurd argument aside, we have the freedom to practice religion but that does not grant permission to violate laws.

It's a hypothetical which you missed the point of. Zinged right over your head.

If you have a religion that demands the death of infants for it's practitioners to gain paradise then we can guarantee babies will die. That would be a certainty. So, at what point do we accept the absurd dictum of freedom of religion. The willingness to gamble the lives of our babies for the freedom of an evil religion to exist in our country is something only a sick ideology like today's Liberalism can accept.

No- we just say that people can't murder people regardless of their religion.

The Old Testament says to stone adulterers to death- yet Jews somehow manage to not be out there murdering adulterers, which is why Donald Trump is safe from Old Testament law.

It's funny how the idiotic alt-Left think that Islam on American soil will magically be transformed into a good religion -be magically different than Islam in the Middle East.

Funny how the idiotic and ignorant right wing nut jobs think that American Muslims are all out to get them.

Some 3 million American Muslims- and I can walk into my neighborhood grocery and be confident that the Palestinian American Muslims won't murder me because I am not Muslim. But you think he will.

I think you're obsessed with the non-existent (invented in reaction to the alt-Right) alt-Left :lmao:

I've already spoken out about the value of allowing a diversity of opinion in our Universities.

For me, I would say it is the right to PEACEFULLY practice our faith, and that excludes Salafi Islam.

I wouldn't say it automatically excludes Salafi, because even the Salafi movement has variations and include those who reject violence. In essence, they're "fundies".

I agree though - the right to peacefully (and lawfully) practice one's faith, irregardless of what that faith is :)

I suggest you actually READ my comment. Preferable several times because by your comment above you haven't a clue what I said.

Here's what you said:

Again, my answer applies. Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can kill people if your religion demands it. Any religion has to co-exist with our constitution and system of laws.

What's sick is the broad-brush labeling of the 2nd largest religion in the world and telling America's Muslims that they are evil when they've done nothing wrong, nothing to break the law.

You trot out a few good Moslems and think that the religion is good. What you fail to understand is that Muhammad considered homosexuality an abomination..

Hell I hear from Christians all the time that they think that homosexuality is an abomination according to the Bible.

Face it- you are just a religious bigot who despises people because of their religion.

The only difference between you and the anti-semite is which people you are bigoted against because of their religion.

This is merely a defense and not a very good one. Just call everything "whining". How convenient.

*cough*

You've heard the term pot kettle black?

If I have to listen to your bemoaning the evils and perversions of liberals like myself, surely you can sit through one brief sentence about that whining? :lol:

Nation's first female Somali American Muslim law makers takes Oath on Koran

So what!!!! I'm sure she lied anyway, The koran instructs Muslims to lie to non believers. Thank God for the Electoral College. This shit is gonna change.

What, specifically, is going to change? Will elected officials be barred from swearing their oaths on a Koran?
. They ought to be. Hope so.. Yep yep.

Here's what you said:

You trot out a few good Moslems and think that the religion is good. What you fail to understand is that Muhammad considered homosexuality an abomination..

Hell I hear from Christians all the time that they think that homosexuality is an abomination according to the Bible.

Face it- you are just a religious bigot who despises people because of their religion.

The only difference between you and the anti-semite is which people you are bigoted against because of their religion.
And yep you are bigoted against Christians aren't you ? Yes you are.

Religion is the commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance. Freedom of religion is the freedom to practice these commitments and devote oneself to their faith. However, if a particular observance is to murder innocents, then that freedom must be denied.

Then that is something we agree on :)

No we don't. You'd allow the evil religion on our soil. I wouldn't. That makes you part of the problem. That makes you a supporter of evil.

Here's what you said:

You trot out a few good Moslems and think that the religion is good. What you fail to understand is that Muhammad considered homosexuality an abomination.The hate is written right into the doctrine. Until you change the doctrine nothing will or can change. There will always be Moslems acting out purely the instructions from their god and in the case of my hypothetical - drinking the blood of babies. YOU are supporting this evil "religion" because of your sick ideology, your bigotry and your ignorance about Islam. The blood of terrorism is on your hands and people like you. I honestly don't know who I loathe more. The terrorists or people like you. And I'm serious about this.
You trot out a few good christians and think that the religion is good.

Wrong. I trot out the Christian doctrine.

It's funny how the idiotic alt-Left think that Islam on American soil will magically be transformed into a good religion -be magically different than Islam in the Middle East.

Funny how the idiotic and ignorant right wing nut jobs think that American Muslims are all out to get them.

Some 3 million American Muslims- and I can walk into my neighborhood grocery and be confident that the Palestinian American Muslims won't murder me because I am not Muslim. But you think he will.
. You willing to bet you and your families life on it ? Didn't think so, but then again you probably think that you are one of the special ones that will be spared if you kiss enough ace in life.

This is merely a defense and not a very good one. Just call everything "whining". How convenient.

*cough*

You've heard the term pot kettle black?

If I have to listen to your bemoaning the evils and perversions of liberals like myself, surely you can sit through one brief sentence about that whining? :lol:

Ok then prove to us that I was "whining". You made the charge. You defend it. You can't. Like I said, how convenient.

whined; whining
intransitive verb
a : to utter a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cry
b : to make a sound similar to such a cry <the wind whined in the chimney>
: to complain with or as if with a whine <always whining about the weather>
: to move or proceed with the sound of a whine <the bullet whined … across the ice — Berton Roueché>

Forum List

Back