Nation's first female Somali American Muslim law makers takes Oath on Koran

What is freedom of religion to YOU?

Religion is the commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance. Freedom of religion is the freedom to practice these commitments and devote oneself to their faith. However, if a particular observance is to murder innocents, then that freedom must be denied.

Then that is something we agree on :)

No we don't. You'd allow the evil religion on our soil. I wouldn't. That makes you part of the problem. That makes you a supporter of evil.

1st Amendment. Read it. Love it! Live it!

What bigotry?

Your prejudice towards a proven evil religion.

I think you're having problems with word definitions again.

Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
. And that discription fits the left perfectly. They are the true bigots and traitors in this nation.

What does freedom of religion mean to you?
. As an American it means being allowed to have what we consider to be American traditions is what it means to me, but now those traditions are under attack by the leftist traitors for whom are in the process of trying to replace such traditions with their own without the majority of Americans having a say in it.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! Wrong answer! Thank for trying. Go back and read the Constitution.

The whole point of taking the oath on the koran is that islamic law is higher our laws.

No. The whole point is that when you swear an oath on something - you swear it on something that is MEANINGFUL to YOU.

Is swearing an oath on the Bible making the point that Biblican law is higher than our laws? No.

Is swearing an oath on a box of Mac and Cheese making the point that dinner is more important than our laws? Well...maybe.

But if you are Christian - and you the Bible is important to you, then swearing an oath on it means something important to you. It might not to me. But it does to YOU. Swearing an oath on a Koran would be meaningless to you.
. Worked for centuries until you libs decided you wanted to split with the country. Now you work to separate in order to someday conquer. All these things are the very things that separate, yet you libs think this country is to beat down and dumb to know it.

I'm trying to figure out what you are saying.

Are you saying people should swear on something that has no meaning to them just to make you comfortable?
Are you saying that people who don't believe in the Bible's authority should not be sworn into office?

Separate and conquor..everyone who is being sworn into office is part of a group of people who feel that serving this country, it's Constitution and it's people as a representative in public office is an important job. How is that so wrong?
. Because we have had standards that we as Americans identify with, and we have had protocol that when these standards are honored, then we can feel unified with a person who has not a problem with being American under the standards and Constitution that creates the American character in which we have honored and cherished over the years.

The standard has been for Americans to swear in on the Holy Bible, and we see this being denide now... When we see this, then we see people who are not truly willing to unite as Americans under our flag or unite under the standards chosen by our people for hundreds of years now.

What the heck does that mean?
It means he doesn't know what he is taking about. Swearing an oath on the Bible may be traditional for some folks, but it is not a standard. Many courts today don't even use a Bible or any religions object in the oath. Those that still use a Bible allow those who choose not to swear on the bible, to use a different oath.

There are two very good reasons why we should not require a government oath sworn on the Bible:

• First, as upheld by SOCTUS, separation of church and state prevents any government body from requiring the use of any religious object in taking an oath.
  • Secondly, it makes no sense to ask a person that doesn't accept the Bible as a sacred book, to swear an oath upon it. To required it is to accept that the oath is meaningless to all that do not accept the Bible.

Last edited:
You're demented to think I don't get it's a hypothetical.

Gee... wonder where I got that idea...

"It's a stupid question since there is no such religion."

The dementia is all yours, dummy.

LOL

That I pointed out your question wan't based on an actual religion should have been your first clue that I get it was hypothetical. <smh>

You're not much of a thinker, huh?

And Moslems are instructed by their religion to place Islamic law above man made law - always. Her religion will always come before America.

Are you a Muslim? How do you know this? Where is it said in the Quran?

Koran 18:26
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Say, " Allah is most knowing of how long they remained. He has [knowledge of] the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth. How Seeing is He and how Hearing! They have not besides Him any protector, and He shares not His legislation with anyone."

Many more examples here: Muslims and Loyalty to a Non-Muslim Government

LOL

That I pointed out your question wan't based on an actual religion should have been your first clue that I get it was hypothetical. <smh>

You called it a stupid question, not a stupid hypothetical. The faulty thinking belongs to you.

What is freedom of religion to YOU?

Religion is the commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance. Freedom of religion is the freedom to practice these commitments and devote oneself to their faith. However, if a particular observance is to murder innocents, then that freedom must be denied.

Then that is something we agree on :)

No we don't. You'd allow the evil religion on our soil. I wouldn't. That makes you part of the problem. That makes you a supporter of evil.

1st Amendment. Read it. Love it! Live it!

Islam is no more a religion than the paint on a BMW a car. Wise up and do some studying.

LOL

You called it a stupid question, not a stupid hypothetical. The faulty thinking belongs to you.
I pointed out your stupid question was based on something you made up...

hypothetical
not real : imagined as an example

Dayam, you're one stooopid conservative. :lol:

What bigotry?

. And that discription fits the left perfectly. They are the true bigots and traitors in this nation.

. As an American it means being allowed to have what we consider to be American traditions is what it means to me, but now those traditions are under attack by the leftist traitors for whom are in the process of trying to replace such traditions with their own without the majority of Americans having a say in it.

And by 'American traditions' it means whatever Beagle approves of.

I don't mind as long as this law maker acknowledges U.S. trumps Sharia Law. :D
The whole point of taking the oath on the koran is that islamic law is higher our laws.

No. The whole point is that when you swear an oath on something - you swear it on something that is MEANINGFUL to YOU.
If the Koran is meaningful to you, then the Constitution is not.

Ever read Leviticus in the Bible? I'll bet you haven't REALLY read it.
. Big difference in taking something literal or not. The Bible has been with us and the majority of our citizens ever since this nation was formed, and it has been a time honored book that Americans have embraced not disgraced. Today's attacks on the fabric of this nation includes taking the Bible down, and to slowly replace it with another. The attacks seek to do the same with the citizens.

And by 'American traditions' it means whatever Beagle approves of.
. Beagle and possibly millions more in this country that had been silenced by you people's bull crap over time. We are awaken now, so get ready.

Forum List

Back