Name the last rich man who was executed in the US.

Why do we only execute the poor?

I don't know... Maybe more heinous murders are committed by poor people?

Poor people are INHERENTLY more evil than the rich, is that what you think?

I suspect the truth is that rich people have legal defenses up the wazoo that keep them from capital sentencing.

No, simply there are many more poor people than rich. It follows that given the vastly larger pool of poor, they would commit vastly more heinous crimes.

I don't know... Maybe more heinous murders are committed by poor people?

I suspect the truth is that rich people have legal defenses up the wazoo that keep them from capital sentencing.

No, simply there are many more poor people than rich. It follows that given the vastly larger pool of poor, they would commit vastly more heinous crimes.

Bullshit. That sounds like one of those tales the Klu Klux Klan used to tell. You know...right after they strung somebody up.

Crime rates increase directly proportionate to the economy and the number of unemployed.

Last edited:
The rich do not get executed.....they are considered salvageable

If justice was blind no gov would survive. Any attempt at fighting injustice must be funded.

Bullshit. That sounds like one of those tales the Klu Klux Klan used to tell. You know...right after they strung somebody up.

Crime rates increase directly proportionate to the economy and the number of unemployed.

Well yeah. Just because you don't like how I said it, you cry bullshit and restate it plus toss in the race card for good measure.
You really should check your meds, or just replace your Exelon Patch.

According to Republicans, it's very difficult for rich people to commit crimes. They're "special". Because they're "rich".

Plus we don't execute enough guilty poor people how do you expect us to execute the rich ones.

Huh? :doubt:

Inn-acting the death penalty in this country is not a priority so if punishments aren't handed out to the poor they won't be handed out to the rich.

How many poor criminals (and poor people who are on death row after being wrongly convicted) need to be executed before it's an affluent criminal's turn in the chamber?

Very few innocent men have been executed. The problem is we execute low double digit guilty people annually in America as opposed to the mid triple digits we should be at.

Seems that many/most are willing to admit that the death penalty is applied profoundly unevenly between the poor and the affluent, to the point that the affluent are practically immune from it.

Since when do we execute someone based on their wealth or lack thereof?

Wealthy people are nearly immune to the death penalty since wealthy people can buy/threaten/appeal their way out of more serious charges/penalties, and since wealthy people can influence juries on a conscious and subconscious level to think that somehow they don't need to have the worst penalties levied upon them.

The fact that the ratio of poor to wealthy people that commit capitol crimes is likely 10,000 to one makes it very unlikely that rich people will be even charged in a death penalty case.
Yes, the wealthy do kill, but it's more likely a Phil Spector type case, where the crime doesn't meet the criteria for the death penalty. The O.J. Simpson case could have met the criteria, but, well his defense team turned the trial into an indictment of Detective Furman and he skated,
Should we make sentences for murder convictions like income tax so that rich people pay at a higher rate. Should we institute an earned income murder credit for killers below the poverty line?

Forum List

Back