Who or what do you believe is the Antichrist...and why?

mskafka

Silver Member
I found this portion of an article interesting.

Cyril of Jerusalem

"This aforementioned Antichrist is to come when the times of the Roman Empire shall have been fulfilled, and the end of the world is drawing near. There shall rise up together ten kings of the Romans, reigning in different parts, perhaps, but all reigning at the same time. After these there shall be an eleventh, the Antichrist, who by the evil craft of his magic shall seize upon the Roman power. Of the kings who reigned before him, three shall he humble [Dan. 7:24], and the remaining seven he shall have as subjects under him. At first he shall feign mildness—as if he were a learned and discreet person—and sobriety and loving kindness" (Catechetical Lectures 15:12 [A.D. 350]).

"Having beguiled the Jews by the lying signs and wonders of his magical deceit, until they believe he is the expected Christ, he shall afterwards be characterized by all manner of wicked deeds of inhumanity and lawlessness, as if to outdo all the unjust and impious men who have gone before him. He shall display against all men, and especially against us Christians, a spirit that is murderous and most cruel, merciless and wily. For three years and six months only shall he be the perpetrator of such things; and then he shall be destroyed by the glorious second coming from heaven of the only-begotten Son of God, our Lord and Savior Jesus, the true Christ, who shall destroy him with the breath of his mouth [2 Thess. 2:8], and deliver him over to the fire of Gehenna" (ibid.).

The Antichrist | Catholic Answers

I have no idea who are what it might be, but my take is that it would be someone who is a wolf in sheep's clothing who appears opposite of what he really is. Someone who is able to miraculously unite the world's population toward a common (but impossible) goal. Frankly, I have no "faith" in world leaders, and the more perfect they appear to be, the more suspicious I am. :)

I have no idea who are what it might be, but my take is that it would be someone who is a wolf in sheep's clothing who appears opposite of what he really is. Someone who is able to miraculously unite the world's population toward a common (but impossible) goal. Frankly, I have no "faith" in world leaders, and the more perfect they appear to be, the more suspicious I am. :)

I get suspicious when I see a large group of people, blindly, hell-bent on destroying someone or something that they don't fully understand. And then applauding other's who support such actions.

Not a biblical scholar, but I know how I interpret it. I don't believe that it is a single person, but perhaps an ideal.

Could be, but it's so hard to have any really concrete ideas when reading about someone's prophecy. Prophecies are like dreams. They present themselves in symbols and concepts which make no sense. As for myself, I don't worry about them, but do find them interesting subjects of thought.

Cyril of Jerusalem

"This aforementioned Antichrist is to come when the times of the Roman Empire shall have been fulfilled, and the end of the world is drawing near. There shall rise up together ten kings of the Romans, reigning in different parts, perhaps, but all reigning at the same time. After these there shall be an eleventh, the Antichrist, who by the evil craft of his magic shall seize upon the Roman power. Of the kings who reigned before him, three shall he humble [Dan. 7:24], and the remaining seven he shall have as subjects under him. At first he shall feign mildness—as if he were a learned and discreet person—and sobriety and loving kindness" (Catechetical Lectures 15:12 [A.D. 350]).

"Having beguiled the Jews by the lying signs and wonders of his magical deceit, until they believe he is the expected Christ, he shall afterwards be characterized by all manner of wicked deeds of inhumanity and lawlessness, as if to outdo all the unjust and impious men who have gone before him. He shall display against all men, and especially against us Christians, a spirit that is murderous and most cruel, merciless and wily. For three years and six months only shall he be the perpetrator of such things; and then he shall be destroyed by the glorious second coming from heaven of the only-begotten Son of God, our Lord and Savior Jesus, the true Christ, who shall destroy him with the breath of his mouth [2 Thess. 2:8], and deliver him over to the fire of Gehenna" (ibid.).

Mssssy, I know that this is outside of your question, but when you used the term 'magical,' it reminded me of the following...

1. It was called ‘an-na’ in ancient Mesopotamia, meaning ‘fire-stone’ and, ‘shem-an-na’ when made into conical cakes, or ‘high-ward fire-stone’. It was said to produce luminous light in a deadly nimbus of lethal rays, while at the same time being the active catalyst to physical longevity….Throughout its history white powder gold was recognized as having extraordinary powers of levitation, and teleportation.

2. But the earliest historical record belongs to the ancient Egyptians as it appears in Their Pyramid Texts & also amid the treasures of at least one of its pharaohs. The sacred writings which adorn the 5th-dynasty pyramid tomb of King Unas at Saqqara describe a district in which Pharaoh is said to live in perpetual Godhead. This Field of Mfkzt – an otherworldly locality associated with an extra-dimensional ‘Realm of the Blessed’ can only be accessed through initiation & ingestion of the substance called Mfkzt.

a. Further references may be found reproduced in the bas-reliefs of the metals section, at the temple of Karnak of Pharaoh Tuthmosis III. There are various cone-shaped gold objects referred to as “white bread”. It was 1450 BC at Karnak where Tuthmosis III purportedly founded his metallurgical fraternity of Master Craftsmen known as the Great White Brotherhood. The name said to have alluded to their preoccupation with a mysterious white powder of projection.

b. Laurence Gardner - Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark

3. In the book of Job of the Old Testament, ‘mfkzt’ is ascribed to gold, bread and light, and classified as a ‘stone. It is also related to fire. “As for the earth, out of it cometh bread;-“The text reads,”-and under it is turned up as it were fire. The stones of it are the place of sapphires, and it hath the dust of gold”. While in the book of Exodus, the high-ward firestone is described as a type of food. In the story of Moses and the Israelites at Mount Horeb in Sinai, Moses is enraged to find that his brother Aaron has collected gold from the Israelites and forged it into a golden calf. The ancient Biblical text goes on to say Moses took the golden calf, burned it with fire, transformed it into powder, mixed it with water, and fed it to the Israelites. The story goes on to explain that the fine powder could be wiped with frankincense and made into bread cakes, which according to the Septuagint Bible was the “bread of the presence”.

a. "Mfkzt" (sometimes pronounced "mufkuzt") is the ancient Egyptian name for a transformed state of gold. By a special process of arc heating, gold and other platinum group metals can be turned into a single atom or monatomic substance - a form of powder - that has superconductive properties. The process was rediscovered starting in the late 1970's through the efforts of David Hudson, a large landowner and farmer near Yuma, Arizona. Mfkzt - A New Dimension in the Value of Gold

4. In Hebrew, ‘what it is’ translates to Ma Na, or manna, the Holy Bread of the Israelites which fell from the heavens. Could Moses have taken the secrets from Egypt? After Moses ‘burned’ the Golden Calf, it became powder…and Moses fed it to the people. And who was selected to make Bread of Presence? A baker? No! Bezalel, the goldsmith.

a. Genesis 2:12 The gold of that land is exceptionally pure; aromatic resin and onyx stone are also found there.

b. Exodus 32:20 And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it. Gold didn’t melt, but became a powder? And was then fed to the people??

c. Exodus 35:13 13the table with its poles and all its utensils, and the bread of the Presence;

d. Exodus 31:1-11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.

5. Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. To him that overcometh, to him will I give of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and upon the stone a new name written, which no one knoweth but he that receiveth it.

a. Will I give to eat of the hidden manna - The true spiritual food; the food that nourishes the soul. The idea is, that the souls of those who "overcame," or who gained the victory in their conflict with sin, and in the persecutions and trials of the world, would be permitted to partake of that spiritual food which is laid up for the people of God, and by which they will be nourished forever. The Hebrews were supported by manna in the desert Exodus 16:16-35; a pot of that manna was laid up in the most holy place, to be preserved as a memorial Exodus 16:32-34; it is called "angels' food" Psalm 78:25, and "corn of heaven" Psalm 78:24; and it would seem to have been emblematical of that spiritual food by which the people of God are to be fed from heaven, in their journey through this world. By the word "hidden," there would seem to be an allusion to what was laid up in the pot before the ark of the testimony, and the blessing which is promised here is that they would be nourished as if they were sustained by that manna thus laid up before the ark: by food from the immediate presence of God. The language thus explained would mean that they who overcome will be nourished through this life as if by that "hidden manna"; that is, that they will be supplied all along through the "wilderness of this world" by that food from the immediate presence of God which their souls require. Revelation 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

b. And, the houses in new Jerusalem, made of gold clear as glass? Rev: 21:18 Its wall was made of jasper. The city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass.

CON$ervatism is the anti-Christ, because it is the most Satanic of all the hate religions with lying as its Holy Eucharist. :lol:

Cyril of Jerusalem

Mssssy, I know that this is outside of your question, but when you used the term 'magical,' it reminded me of the following...

1. It was called ‘an-na’ in ancient Mesopotamia, meaning ‘fire-stone’ and, ‘shem-an-na’ when made into conical cakes, or ‘high-ward fire-stone’. It was said to produce luminous light in a deadly nimbus of lethal rays, while at the same time being the active catalyst to physical longevity….Throughout its history white powder gold was recognized as having extraordinary powers of levitation, and teleportation.

2. But the earliest historical record belongs to the ancient Egyptians as it appears in Their Pyramid Texts & also amid the treasures of at least one of its pharaohs. The sacred writings which adorn the 5th-dynasty pyramid tomb of King Unas at Saqqara describe a district in which Pharaoh is said to live in perpetual Godhead. This Field of Mfkzt – an otherworldly locality associated with an extra-dimensional ‘Realm of the Blessed’ can only be accessed through initiation & ingestion of the substance called Mfkzt.

a. Further references may be found reproduced in the bas-reliefs of the metals section, at the temple of Karnak of Pharaoh Tuthmosis III. There are various cone-shaped gold objects referred to as “white bread”. It was 1450 BC at Karnak where Tuthmosis III purportedly founded his metallurgical fraternity of Master Craftsmen known as the Great White Brotherhood. The name said to have alluded to their preoccupation with a mysterious white powder of projection.

3. In the book of Job of the Old Testament, ‘mfkzt’ is ascribed to gold, bread and light, and classified as a ‘stone. It is also related to fire. “As for the earth, out of it cometh bread;-“The text reads,”-and under it is turned up as it were fire. The stones of it are the place of sapphires, and it hath the dust of gold”. While in the book of Exodus, the high-ward firestone is described as a type of food. In the story of Moses and the Israelites at Mount Horeb in Sinai, Moses is enraged to find that his brother Aaron has collected gold from the Israelites and forged it into a golden calf. The ancient Biblical text goes on to say Moses took the golden calf, burned it with fire, transformed it into powder, mixed it with water, and fed it to the Israelites. The story goes on to explain that the fine powder could be wiped with frankincense and made into bread cakes, which according to the Septuagint Bible was the “bread of the presence”.

a. "Mfkzt" (sometimes pronounced "mufkuzt") is the ancient Egyptian name for a transformed state of gold. By a special process of arc heating, gold and other platinum group metals can be turned into a single atom or monatomic substance - a form of powder - that has superconductive properties. The process was rediscovered starting in the late 1970's through the efforts of David Hudson, a large landowner and farmer near Yuma, Arizona. Mfkzt - A New Dimension in the Value of Gold

4. In Hebrew, ‘what it is’ translates to Ma Na, or manna, the Holy Bread of the Israelites which fell from the heavens. Could Moses have taken the secrets from Egypt? After Moses ‘burned’ the Golden Calf, it became powder…and Moses fed it to the people. And who was selected to make Bread of Presence? A baker? No! Bezalel, the goldsmith.

a. Genesis 2:12 The gold of that land is exceptionally pure; aromatic resin and onyx stone are also found there.

b. Exodus 32:20 And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it. Gold didn’t melt, but became a powder? And was then fed to the people??

c. Exodus 35:13 13the table with its poles and all its utensils, and the bread of the Presence;

d. Exodus 31:1-11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.

5. Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. To him that overcometh, to him will I give of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and upon the stone a new name written, which no one knoweth but he that receiveth it.

a. Will I give to eat of the hidden manna - The true spiritual food; the food that nourishes the soul. The idea is, that the souls of those who "overcame," or who gained the victory in their conflict with sin, and in the persecutions and trials of the world, would be permitted to partake of that spiritual food which is laid up for the people of God, and by which they will be nourished forever. The Hebrews were supported by manna in the desert Exodus 16:16-35; a pot of that manna was laid up in the most holy place, to be preserved as a memorial Exodus 16:32-34; it is called "angels' food" Psalm 78:25, and "corn of heaven" Psalm 78:24; and it would seem to have been emblematical of that spiritual food by which the people of God are to be fed from heaven, in their journey through this world. By the word "hidden," there would seem to be an allusion to what was laid up in the pot before the ark of the testimony, and the blessing which is promised here is that they would be nourished as if they were sustained by that manna thus laid up before the ark: by food from the immediate presence of God. The language thus explained would mean that they who overcome will be nourished through this life as if by that "hidden manna"; that is, that they will be supplied all along through the "wilderness of this world" by that food from the immediate presence of God which their souls require. Revelation 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

b. And, the houses in new Jerusalem, made of gold clear as glass? Rev: 21:18 Its wall was made of jasper. The city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass.

Woah, woah...slow down, sis. I used the world, "magical"? Do you mean that figuratively or literally? I'm quoting a Catholic theologian. Are you Catholic? You've read the Catechisim of the Catholic Church?

Yes-He who hath ears, letteth him hear what the spirit saith to the churches.

So who or what do you believe is the Antichrist? You're Jewish, right?

Were you going to give me an answer? Or are you just making an observation or addendum?

Oh wow- my bad. I was under the impression that you were actually interested in a discussion on theological or religious concepts, and not that conservatives were your idea of the evil in the world.

Guess that's what I get for taking you seriously. Lesson learned.

Oh wow- my bad. I was under the impression that you were actually interested in a discussion on theological or religious concepts, and not that conservatives were your idea of the evil in the world.

Don't be so quick to judge. I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I said that he was close. I did not say that he was right. And my hypothesis is my opinion...which is a connection that most people would not make with conservatism. Good grief. Most of my family is conservative, and I don't consider them evil. You misread me.

WOW!

CON$ are always so angry that they have no sense of humor. :lol:

CON$ are always so angry that they have no sense of humor. :lol:

It was a joke. Think I'll go gargle some broken glass now...jeez!

Cyril of Jerusalem

Woah, woah...slow down, sis. I used the world, "magical"? Do you mean that figuratively or literally? I'm quoting a Catholic theologian. Are you Catholic? You've read the Catechisim of the Catholic Church?

Were you going to give me an answer? Or are you just making an observation or addendum?

Protestant.

No, no answer...just fascinated by the confluence of manna...gold....stones of fire....
mysteries of the Bible.

The story involves the Magi as well...

Protestant.

No, no answer...just fascinated by the confluence of manna...gold....stones of fire....
mysteries of the Bible.

The story involves the Magi as well...

I'm only 36 with a....disease. Eyes do weird things...sorry. For some reason, I thought you were Jewish. I will read your thought-provoking post more closely, and I'll respond. You're a deep one. I have to work to keep up with you. ;) Be back soon.

Many right wingers believe the anti Christ is Obama. Why? Who knows why? Who cares?

As I said before: I don't think that the anti-christ is an individual. Perhaps it is an ideal, cloaked in religion. That is what I believe. An ideal that advocates much evil, that some see and discern...but many don't.

As a Christian, it goes against all I've ever learned of Jesus' teachings. It goes against most of the Old Testament teachings. Some see it; but many don't. And there are multiple things at play here.

I don't claim to KNOW who or what it is. I just see some things that make me wonder.

Forum List

Back