Myth of the absent black father

Your sentence had two groups, when a sentence has two groups and you say they, the they is ambiguous. You meant to refer to white men... you didn't. I understand what your intent was. Just trying to explain why I tied your they to the more recently discussed group vs. the prior group. If you like I can copy the sentence here and break it down for you in detail tying subject to verb.

Please provide a link or data showing that white men in general are more absent than black men in general with regard to being present to raise their kids or by any other measure.

I don't need you to breakdown what I was referring to when I said they. If it was too ambiguous for you then you should have simply asked instead of assuming.

Gotta go so I will be back tomorrow with the links
Fair enough... later.

Gotta eat some crow. I read the source wrong but luckily in doing so I learned something that should have been obvious. Far more important than race in determining absent fathers is economics. The majority of absent fathers have economic difficulties. When the employment rate was identical, the rate of absent fathers was identical between the races.

Yes. Absent fathers is a cultural / economic issue, skin color has nothing to do with it. For example, gangsta rap culture while primarily a culture in the black community, is not black culture. Blacks making up a disproportionate percentage of American poor communities

There it is. Why is this the case?

Racism. The effects of past racism and individual effort.

Blacks make up a disproportionate percentage of American poor communities.

Well it's definitely not the case for all black groups, so it's definitely not skin color.

Speaking from my personal experiences only... children who receive bad influence head down the wrong path more often than children who receive good influence.

For example, if you let your kids quit a team or class because it's too hard for them... that may in fact set up that kid to look for other things to quit down the road. It's really easy to become a quitter, and much harder to be someone who will never quit.

Life is filled with critical decision points... people with good critical reasoning skills honed over time through mentoring and such, are more likely to make good life decisions when those critical decision points fly by.

Removing bad ingrains from someone's decision box is not an easy task.

I don't need you to breakdown what I was referring to when I said they. If it was too ambiguous for you then you should have simply asked instead of assuming.

Gotta go so I will be back tomorrow with the links
Fair enough... later.

Gotta eat some crow. I read the source wrong but luckily in doing so I learned something that should have been obvious. Far more important than race in determining absent fathers is economics. The majority of absent fathers have economic difficulties. When the employment rate was identical, the rate of absent fathers was identical between the races.

Yes. Absent fathers is a cultural / economic issue, skin color has nothing to do with it. For example, gangsta rap culture while primarily a culture in the black community, is not black culture. Blacks making up a disproportionate percentage of American poor communities

Racism is a factor yes. Racism by blacks and whites.

Fair enough... later.

Disagree. Black people as a group cannot practice racism here in the US since they do not own any resources. Not to mention there was a a racism problem long before Blacks were able to even be racist as individuals without dying or being mutilated.

Disagree. Black people as a group cannot practice racism here in the US since they do not own any resources. Not to mention there was a a racism problem long before Blacks were able to even be racist as individuals without dying or being mutilated.
ROFL blacks don't have resources. WTF are you talking about? Are you drinking again?

This thread has devolved from a disingenuous/ignorant statistical OP into incoherent racial dissembling. Maybe time to start a new one?

ROFL blacks don't have resources. WTF are you talking about? Are you drinking again?

I told you to stay away from the meth. What resource do Blacks own as a racial group? Whites own the banking system, the political system, and the legal system. That's just the most important top 3. If Blacks as a group got together and decided to deny white something because they were white what exactly is it we have a lock on?

I told you to stay away from the meth. What resource do Blacks own as a racial group? Whites own the banking system, the political system, and the legal system. That's just the most important top 3. If Blacks as a group got together and decided to deny white something because they were white what exactly is it we have a lock on?
WTF are you talking about? Whites own the banking system? HUH? Put down your RACIST goggles. Your one sick racist POS.

WTF are you talking about? Whites own the banking system? HUH? Put down your RACIST goggles. Your one sick racist POS.
Don't get emotional. Just prove me wrong. I notice you avoided answering my question. Are you afraid to tackle it?

Don't get emotional. Just prove me wrong. I notice you avoided answering my question. Are you afraid to tackle it?

Bullshit

Do you not have any idea just how sick it sounds for you to say we need black owned banks and black owned political systems, and black owned legal systems? WTF is wrong with you?

You think white people are stopping black men from starting their own banks? You think white people are stopping black people from being politicians? You think there are no black lawyers or judges? You think black people don't serve on juries? WTF is wrong with you?

Do you not have any idea just how sick it sounds for you to say we need black owned banks and black owned political systems, and black owned legal systems? WTF is wrong with you?

You think white people are stopping black men from starting their own banks? You think white people are stopping black people from being politicians? You think there are no black lawyers or judges? You think black people don't serve on juries? WTF is wrong with you?
WTF is wrong with you? Whites own those systems so why no outrage for that dynamic?

I see you are playing stupid. There are some Black owned banks. I said owning the systems that facilitate those banks. Same goes for the legal and the political system. Lets not pretend you are this dense. You know exactly what I am talking about.

WTF is wrong with you? Whites own those systems so why no outrage for that dynamic?

I see you are playing stupid. There are some Black owned banks. I said owning the systems that facilitate those banks. Same goes for the legal and the political system. Lets not pretend you are this dense. You know exactly what I am talking about.
What are white people doing to keep your lazy black ass from owning everything?

Is this your version of a deflection? If it is you need to work on a better deflection. What does that have to do with the topic? I said whites own all the systems. Unless they plan on giving them to Black people we are incapable of practicing racism.

Is this your version of a deflection? If it is you need to work on a better deflection. What does that have to do with the topic? I said whites own all the systems. Unless they plan on giving them to Black people we are incapable of practicing racism.

NAME ONE THING WHITE PEOPLE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOUR LAZY ASS FROM OWNING EVERYTHING.

Is it illegal for blacks to own systems that facilitate banks? Is it illegal for them to take said jobs? Is it illegal for blacks to work in any job in this country? Put up or shut up.

NAME ONE THING WHITE PEOPLE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOUR LAZY ASS FROM OWNING EVERYTHING.

Is it illegal for blacks to own systems that facilitate banks? Is it illegal for them to take said jobs? Is it illegal for blacks to work in any job in this country? Put up or shut up.
Why would I do that when thats not the issue nor the topic? Stay on point son. We are talking about the abiltiy to practice racism. Stop deflecting.

The Myth Of The Absent Black Father ThinkProgress
But the latest data finds that the stereotypical gender imbalance in this area doesn’t hold true, and dads are just as hands-on when it comes to raising their kids.
That includes African-American fathers.

In fact, in its coverage of the study, the Los Angeles Times noted that the results “defy stereotypes about black fatherhood” because the CDC found that black dads are more involved with their kids on a daily basis than dads from other racial groups:

black-fatherhood.png

Completely irrelevant.

Being "involved" doesn't matter. What matters is, are the kids growing up in a stable, intact family.

You think sitting there at the table, while your kids shovel food in their mouth, is magically going to make them decent? Your mere existence in the room, is what does it?

Because your butt, is in a chair, that is what makes kids turn out right?

What really matter, is how you reflect what a man is, by running your household, by loving your wife, by showing your kids what being committed to your marriage, and your family is. By showing them hard work. By showing them right from wrong.

For example.... "Helping Children with homework or checked that they finished it daily".

Crap, my parents never checked my homework. If I didn't get a decent grade, I got in big trouble. *I* checked that I did my homework. My father was home every single day.

If I stay at home, live off welfare, and never work, but check my kids homework, this idiotic research would conclude I was an 'involved father' even though I was a terrible father.

The biggest effects you have on your kids, are all 'caught, not taught'. Yes, being there, and interacting with your kids is part of it, for sure. But the statistical measures being used here are irrelevant.

And the absolute biggest effect on kids, is the stable intact home. If there are step-fathers, step-mothers, and step-sisters and brothers involved, all the 'involved' aspects of the father, are completely out the window. Staying with the girl. Being married. Having a real family, and not this crazy insanity, it all comes back around and screws up the kid.

Why would I do that when thats not the issue nor the topic? Stay on point son. We are talking about the abiltiy to practice racism. Stop deflecting.

You don't need to own something to practice racism. Your statements underscore your ignorance.

Whites are not stopping blacks from doing a single thing in this country. Your accusation that whites own everything is complete bullshit. The only thing stopping your lazy ass from moving into positions that hold more power is you. Your accusation that being in a position of power means you are a racist is also complete bullshit.

Face it. You are a RACIST. You see whites in power and you hate them. You want things given to you because you are lazy. You want blacks to have power over whites because you are a RACIST. You say whites are racists and are in power and only whites can be racists because only whites have power to be racists... truly you are a fool. You admit blacks own banks.. then you deflect to some imaginary support system for banks that are owned by whites. IOW you need to be put in a white jacket.

Funny how merely calling someone a "nappy headed hoe" was considered an act of Racism, yet now apparently you can't engage in racism with words... no you have to 'own' something. Someone please send Don Imus the memo, that it is impossible for him to be racist with just words.

Brown, don't get to angry with this guy. Asclepias has been this dense and idiotic for months now. Likely longer than I've known him. He's not going to change.

Forum List

Back