Zone1 Is Black Fatherlessness caused by Racism? By the Welfare System? By Something Else?

Your weird obsession with black people getting laid while you can't would be amusing under normal circumstances, but let's look at the damage that racism has done to the black family. Can't really form a family tradition if your family could be sold off to pay debts at any time.

That would only be a plausible argument if black illegitimacy had declined since the civil rights legislation had been passed into law. Instead it has grown dramatically.

That would only be a plausible argument if black illegitimacy had declined since the civil rights legislation had been passed into law. Instead it has grown dramatically.
It has grown dramatically for ALL races.

Why?

because pregnancy is no longer an obligation to marry someone; she could have taken birth control pills, or she could have gotten an abortion. She's perfectly capable of getting a job and earning her own money.

While I am sure you blame Civil Rights legislation for all the ills of society, you don't seem to understand root cause analysis.

As for crime... poverty and crime are linked. Every immigrant group has had crime before they were considered "White enough" to mainstream. Yes, even the Jews!
Poverty and Crime

During the 1960s, for instance, the residents of San Francisco’s Chinatown were among America’s poorest people—with the most unemployment, the worst housing conditions, the least education, and the highest rate of tuberculosis in their city. Yet despite such hardships, only five people of Chinese ancestry went to jail in the entire state of California in 1965.[1]

Similarly, Jewish immigrants to America during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries also repudiated criminality despite having to face extreme economic deprivation. Historian Max Dimont describes them:

“The majority of these immigrants had arrived penniless, all their worldly belongings wrapped in a bundle…. Most of [them] arrived in New York. Some made their way into other cities,… but the majority remained in New York, settling in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, [which was] a neighborhood of the poor. Sociologists, with their impressive charts showing the number of toilets (or lack of the), the number of people per room, the low per capita income, paint a dismal picture of the Lower East Side Jewish slum. But their charts do not capture its uniqueness. Though it bred tuberculosis and rheumatism, it did not breed crime and venereal disease. It did not spawn illiteracy, illegitimate children, or deserted wives. Library cards were in constant use.”[2]
The late political scientist James Q. Wilson debunked the theory that crime results from poverty, or that redistributive government programs can reduce crime rates by alleviating poverty, by pointing out that “crime rose the fastest in this country at a time when the number of persons living in poverty or squalor was declining.”

1. James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein, Crime and Human Nature (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1985), p. 473.
  2. Max I. Dimont, Jews, God, and History (New York: Penguin USA, 1994), pp. 373-374. (This book was originally published in 1962.)
  3. Discover the Networks

It has grown dramatically for ALL races.

Why?

because pregnancy is no longer an obligation to marry someone; she could have taken birth control pills, or she could have gotten an abortion. She's perfectly capable of getting a job and earning her own money.

While I am sure you blame Civil Rights legislation for all the ills of society, you don't seem to understand root cause analysis.
Illegitimacy has increased because the sexual revolution has made it acceptable, and because the War on Poverty has subsidized it.

Nevertheless, it remains true that children raised to adulthood by both biological parents living together in matrimony tend to have many fewer problems in life than other children. There is often wisdom in tradition.

I supported the civil rights movement and legislation as a child, a teenager, and a young adult. I have since then become disillusioned with it. I believe that most Negroes, or at least very many, have not taken advantage of the opportunities opened to them. Black social pathology has gotten worse since 1963. Much died with President Kennedy.

I think it would be unwise to try to repeal the civil rights legislation. Nevertheless I want it to be interpreted narrowly enough to prohibit affirmative action, forced school busing, and racial reparations.

I also want there to be no restrictions against propagating the assertions of race realism. Those assertions are succinctly expressed in Professor J. Philippe Rushton's essay "Race, Evolution, and Behavior."

Poverty and Crime
When you have something to add to a conversation, let me know.

My wife is from China. She lived in Chinatown when she first arrived here, and frankly, it's crime ridden.

Illegitimacy has increased because the sexual revolution has made it acceptable, and because the War on Poverty has subsidized it.

I think you are missing part of that equation, that being feminism changed the role of women.

Nevertheless, it remains true that children raised to adulthood by both biological parents living together in matrimony tend to have many fewer problems in life than other children. There is often wisdom in tradition.

Then by that logic, we need to outlaw divorce. A baby-daddy who is involved in his child's life is preferable than a dad who has run off with the secretary and only visits on weekends.

I supported the civil rights movement and legislation as a child, a teenager, and a young adult. I have since then become disillusioned with it. I believe that most Negroes, or at least very many, have not taken advantage of the opportunities opened to them. Black social pathology has gotten worse since 1963. Much died with President Kennedy.

1) Nobody believes you are that old.
2) The reduction of black unemployment and poverty rate would indicate, even with the half-hearted measures we took, the Civil Rights movement did just fine.
3) JFK was kind of a twat.

I think it would be unwise to try to repeal the civil rights legislation. Nevertheless I want it to be interpreted narrowly enough to prohibit affirmative action, forced school busing, and racial reparations.

Except we gave up on busing in the 1970's. Reparations are never going to happen. That just leaves affirmative action, which has benefited white women more than black men.

I also want there to be no restrictions against propagating the assertions of race realism. Those assertions are succinctly expressed in Professor J. Philippe Rushton's essay "Race, Evolution, and Behavior."

The only restriction is that they are junk science.

But I think it would be awesome if you went down to Madison and Cicero and got on a soapbox and started telling the brothers about "Race Realism".

No, as you can see, from when the War on Poverty went into effect, the poverty rate dropped from 12.5% down to 12.3% at a cost of over $22 TRILLION.
That isn't true.

The NATIONAL poverty rate went from 22.4% to 12.3%. it moves around between 12-15% but never gets above that despite all the recessions since then.

1709325512090.png

You make some very good points.

These black girls go to public school that are failing. The worst of them are in black communities, with black parents, black voters, black school board members, and mainly black teachers.

I believe that most of those adults try to provide a good opportunity. But with peers and the media telling black kids that doing well in school is “acting white” only the strongest willed students will keep up with studies. Most will be handed a diploma they are unable to read, and will blame racism for all woes.

It seems that a baby is a low income black girl’s ticket to adulthood, a role that high school graduation plays for other youths.

punch polar bear 1.32.gif

Caused by their brain. Blacks are generally bad people. Sure, you got Connie Rice, Colin Powell and others. Just as good or better than whites. But on the whole...blacks are bad people. It is just how it is. Has nothing to do with their skin color and has everything to do what is inside of them. I lived with blacks for 35 years...Crenshaw District, L.A....so I knows mys blacks, IM2!

yes no list.jpg

Forum List

Back