Myth of the absent black father

Hey Luddly, maybe you should send your data to Barak Obama who says:

For a lot of young boys and young men in particular, they don’t see an example of fathers or grandfathers, uncles, who are in a position to support families and be held up in respect,” Obama said. “And so that means that this is not just a gun issue; it’s also an issue of the kinds of communities that we’re building.

Obama Goes After Black Fathers Again - Clutch Magazine

And at a Father’s Day speech in Chicago’s South Side,

Too many fathers are M.I.A, too many fathers are AWOL, missing from too many lives and too many homes,” Mr. Obama said, to a chorus of approving murmurs from the audience. “They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it.
I know how hard it is to get kids to eat properly,” Mr. Obama said. “But I also know that folks are letting our children drink eight sodas a day, which some parents do, or, you know, eat a bag of potato chips for lunch. Buy a little desk or put that child at the kitchen table. Watch them do their homework.

Why is it that Black people in other countries don't share your definition of family?
Black people in other countries do share my definition of family. Who told you they didnt?

All of the (Black) Africans I know believe in marriage before having children. Do you?

You dont know all Black Africans and even if you did whats your point?

You don't know all Black Americans, so what's your point? That families don't need fathers in the home?

I never said I did know all Black Americans, Did you misread something?
My point is white people don't dictate to Black people what a family is.
Well if you dropped your black white paradigm,you would have just people,and mostly just people agree what a family unit traditionally looks like. Pull your pants up your bigot/racist is showing.

Black people in other countries do share my definition of family. Who told you they didnt?

All of the (Black) Africans I know believe in marriage before having children. Do you?

You dont know all Black Africans and even if you did whats your point?

You don't know all Black Americans, so what's your point? That families don't need fathers in the home?

I never said I did know all Black Americans, Did you misread something?
My point is white people don't dictate to Black people what a family is.
Well if you dropped your black white paradigm,you would have just people,and mostly just people agree what a family unit traditionally looks like. Pull your pants up your bigot/racist is showing.

I'm not being a bigot about it. There are some marked differences in family among Blacks and whites. "It takes a village" is the best example I can give you of Black and Africans concept of family. I was told while in the military I could not take leave for a funeral because my grandmother was not immediate family. To most Blacks thats pretty ridiculous. To whites that seems to make sense.

The Myth Of The Absent Black Father ThinkProgress
But the latest data finds that the stereotypical gender imbalance in this area doesn’t hold true, and dads are just as hands-on when it comes to raising their kids.
That includes African-American fathers.

In fact, in its coverage of the study, the Los Angeles Times noted that the results “defy stereotypes about black fatherhood” because the CDC found that black dads are more involved with their kids on a daily basis than dads from other racial groups:

black-fatherhood.png
No one ever said there was something wrong with the fathers who live "with" or don't and heavily participate. The issue has been with the ones who leave the fathering of their child to government agencies.

But the latest data finds that the stereotypical gender imbalance in this area doesn’t hold true, and dads are just as hands-on when it comes to raising their kids.

In fact, in its coverage of the study, the Los Angeles Times noted that the results “defy stereotypes about black fatherhood” because the CDC found that black dads are more involved with their kids on a daily basis than dads from other racial groups:

black-fatherhood.png
No one ever said there was something wrong with the fathers who live "with" or don't and heavily participate. The issue has been with the ones who leave the fathering of their child to government agencies.

White fathers do that too but they don't have a stereotype of being bad fathers.

black-fatherhood.png

White fathers do that too but they don't have a stereotype of being bad fathers.
Hamster bite too, but mosquitos have a far worse "stereotype".

black-fatherhood.png

Hamsters cant give you West Nile Virus. BTW. Stop putting hamsters in your ass like Richard Gere and you wont have to worry about them biting.

black-fatherhood.png

BS absent white fathers most certainly do have the stereotype of being bad fathers. Being absent is not a white/black thing.

black-fatherhood.png

Hamsters cant give you West Nile Virus. BTW. Stop putting hamsters in your ass like Richard Gere and you wont have to worry about them biting.
Like everything else, absent fathers are a matter of degree.

Btw, hamsters can give you rabies, idiot!

black-fatherhood.png

BS absent white fathers most certainly do have the stereotype of being bad fathers. Being absent is not a white/black thing.

You must live under a rock.

absent father stereotypes - Google Search

black-fatherhood.png
I'm sorry, but I have to call

:bsflag:

We arent talking about degrees. We are talking about stereotypes.

Mosquitoes cant give you rabies. Get another analogy.

black-fatherhood.png
I'm sorry, but I have to call

:bsflag:

If you are not Black....so what?

When 70% of black kids grow up with absent father's, stereotypes are obviously justified.

In light of facts, do honestly think calling something a "stereotype" is a refutation or justification of an acute problem in the black community?

Seriously Asc, your muddled mind has to think things through before you
start spouting nonsense.

black-fatherhood.png

You must live under a rock.

absent father stereotypes - Google Search
You still need to learn english. What you said is absent whites don't have the same stereotype. Where what you meant to say is that whites don't have the same stereotype as being absent. And that would be true. It would be true because blacks certainly do hold to the stereo type of being the race with the highest percentage BY FAR of absent fathers. It's just a fact. They are not absent because they are black... they have the stereotype because to many black fathers are absent. Again it has nothing to do with the color of their skin. I suspect it's the culture followed by most blacks. But you are free to explain why you think black fathers are more likely to be absent, by far, than any other group.

It irritates me when someone claims to have a study that tells me something that is not true about blacks. Blacks and their white apologists claim that blacks are on the average as intelligent as whites, but they are held back by inferior schools. They claim that blacks have a crime rate that is no higher than whites, they are just more frequently arrested and imprisoned by a racist criminal justice system. Etc. Etc. Does anyone really believe that?

I do.

I will admit there are some disadvantages Blacks have to deal with that members of other races may not.

But I believe Black crime rates ARE higher than that of Whites' percentage-wise.

Whites outnumber Blacks in our society by such a great degree that the number of crimes committed by Whites is going to be higher than that of Blacks.

However, the number of crimes committed per capita by Blacks is expected to be higher.

Why is this?

You think it's genetic?

When 70% of black kids grow up with absent father's, stereotypes are obviously justified.

In light of facts, do honestly think calling something a "stereotype" is a refutation or justification of an acute problem in the black community?

Seriously Asc, your muddled mind has to think things through before you
start spouting nonsense.
Depends on what you mean by absent. Just because you don't live in the home does not mean you are absent. Only a imbecile without any education can be told that stat and actually take it at face value.

The only fact is your ability to be led around by the nose. Like I said earlier. When white dads start teaching their kids not to be serial killers and school shooters come talk to me about Black fathers. Untl then concentrate on your meth/crack problem in your community.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back