My pick for SB Champion

it wouldn't surprise me to see the NINERS to come out the NFC for the SB

In the past twenty years, only two teams have managed to repeat as champions. Eight teams did not even make the playoffs. In looking at the Seahawks in the offseason, they seem to have more in common with the teams that failed than the teams that repeated

I see SF, Arizona and St Louis inflicting serious damage in divisional games. I predict Seattle will get an attitude wake up call this season

The Lambs inflicting serious damaage? thats a laugh since they dont have a quarterback.:lol: they will cause the Hawks problems in their home game no doubt,they always do and the cards as well but defense alone cant give you winning seasons and they are the one defense in the NFC west thats inconsistant.

Atlanta Falcons.

Your pick?

That would be a great turn around, but I see the Broncos making the game and giving Peyton his second SB ring to match little brother.

Just like you said Huggy you can only try and take the horse to the water so many times but you cant make them drink it.:lol: some people just NEVER learn.:cuckoo:

Huh? Why do you think the results of a Seahawk/Broncos game would be any different this season than it was last season? The Seahawks shut the door on Manning bread and butter play...the short pass. I assume a lot of AFC teams will be looking at the tape of last year's SB and learn how to jam up Denver's passing game.
Will Denver repeat? Only if the other 15 teams are too dumb to look how the Seahawks shut them down in the SB.

Seattle is a better team this year then last...why? One more year of experience under their belts. And remember Seattle is still one of the youngest teams in the NFL with the most talent.
:udaman::beer::clap: Like I said,some people just never learn,they never pay attention in class no matter how much you try and spell it out for them.:rolleyes:

wouldn't surprise me to see the NINERS to come out the NFC for the SB
they would easily by far have a MUCH better chance by leaps and bounds of beating the Seahawks in the playoffs that the cheatriots or donkeys would.:lol::lol::rofl::lmao:

some people around here,just wont take their hands off their eyes and deal with it that the Niners and the Hawks are the two best teams in the NFC with the cardinals not far behind since they also have a punishing strong physical defense just like them.:rolleyes:

that the team with the best record in that division is going to win the superbowl.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
You can lead a horse to water but ya can't make him drink it...

Tom Brady USED to be a great QB. He is smart but he only has so much to work with. Derrell Revis THINKS he is the best shut down CB in the league and maybe he is.

He certainly isn't better than Sherman on the right side as the numbers of ints and passes defensed don't lie. Sherman has been the best for the last two seasons. Sherman doesn't have to cover the whole field. Left CB Byron Maxwell snagged 5 ints in last season's last four games.

Thing is when WRs try crossing routes Chancellor brings serious pain. That's his role..the enforcer. He made THAT clear in SB #48.

I would sound like rediculous bragging as many thought early this time last season but my words rang true. Now I don't sound quite as rediculous. Now the NFL and you must take my words more seriously.

The Seahawks CRUSHED the best offense in NFL history.

A million things could go wrong. A few key injuries... If Russell Wilson got hurt Seattle's chances would be seriously affected. BUT here and now the Seahawks are hands down the most talented and deep team in the NFL.

That could change but change it must to give you guys any chance at all.

This year we will find out if Seattle is a "one hit wonder". If they win the Super Bowl again, I will be happy to concede that Seattle has the beginnings of a dynasty.

Never count out the Patriots. They are there EVERY year. And this year their defense is going to be spectacular.

Only ONE NFL team has won THREE Super Bowls since 2000.

Only ONE NFL team has played in FIVE Super Bowls since 2000.

Only ONE NFL team has won 21 games in a row over two seasons.

Only ONE NFL team has won 18 games in a row in one season.

Only ONE NFL team has the most playoff appearances since 2000.

Only ONE NFL team has had the same starting quarterback since 2000.

Only ONE NFL team has had the same head coach since 2000.

THAT is a DYNASTY. Seattle has a LONG way to go.

Not even slightly convinced..

As far as strength of opponent goes

The 2007 Patriots

Total offense.. 6580 yards.....589 pts

The 2013 Broncos

7317 yards ....606 pts

W/L record aside the Broncos were a much stronger team on offense.

Team defense Pats allowed 274 pts...4613 yards

Broncos allowed 399 pts ... 5696 yards.

The Pats had a better defense than Denver but all things considered Seattle faced a stronger opponent than NY did.

Seattle offence in 2013.. 417 pts... 5424 yards

Seahawk Defense allowed 231 pts 4378 yards

Seattle had a much better defense than either Denver or the Patriots and still has all of the components from last season.

The Pats defense hasn't ever been spectacular... This season will be no different. Seattle defense WILL be spectacular as it was last season.

:udaman::beer::clap::clap::clap:

In the past twenty years, only two teams have managed to repeat as champions. Eight teams did not even make the playoffs. In looking at the Seahawks in the offseason, they seem to have more in common with the teams that failed than the teams that repeated

I see SF, Arizona and St Louis inflicting serious damage in divisional games. I predict Seattle will get an attitude wake up call this season

The Lambs inflicting serious damaage? thats a laugh since they dont have a quarterback.:lol: they will cause the Hawks problems in their home game no doubt,they always do and the cards as well but defense alone cant give you winning seasons and they are the one defense in the NFC west thats inconsistant.

I see the 49ers and Hawks splitting their games. It will be how they each do against the Rams and Cardinals that decide the Division.

I see the 49ers and Hawks splitting their games. It will be how they each do against the Rams and Cardinals that decide the Division.

one of the rare times we agree.maybe your learning now that the AFC is weak and are no match for the NFC west teams.:lol: since you got taken to school last year by Huggy and others that the hawks were going to destroy your pick the donkeys.maybe NOW you have learned to listen to huggy after doubting him all year long.:lol::lol::lol:

I think you badly wanted Huggys Hawks to lose because i would expect better from YOU,after you made that one post one time poiting out how Peyton always chokes in big games against top notch competetion dating back to his days in college.

I knew that was true in the NFL but didnt know that was true from college as well so the fact you told mentioned that one time and how i already knew he choked in big games in the NFL against top notch competetion,I knew better enough than to pick him to beat a punishing physical defense yet somehow YOU didnt?:lol:

thats the ONLY thing that makes any sense to me why YOU would have picked mr choke manning to win cause you badly wanted Huggys Hawks to lose.thats GOT to be it.:D the only thing that makes sny sense at all for that pick of yours back then.

Because I spelled it out to you guys dummies style on this thread last year.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sport...ng-the-broncos-to-win-forget-these-facts.html

which I see you were too scared to come back to that thread of mine to eat crow.:D

a lot of the others i could understand THEIR ignorance picking the donkeys,but YOU should have known better.

those are the three losses i see the Hawks having this year are all on the road in the division going 13-3 again which will be good enough again for best record in the NFC.

Last edited:
All true...maybe 9/11

BUT there will be one team waiting in the weeds that will have a weak schedule and an opportunity to rack up the best W/L in 2014.

That team is the Saints.

Not that I fear Seattle matching up against New Oilyeens either here or in the Marsaydees Dome.

If the Hawks are lucky and end up 14-2 it's all over but the crying. If they repeat a 13-3 there is a sliver of a chance that NO can squeeze in at 13-3 or 14-2 with the most valuable home field advantage.

Atlanta Falcons.

Your pick?

That would be a great turn around, but I see the Broncos making the game and giving Peyton his second SB ring to match little brother.

Just like you said Huggy you can only try and take the horse to the water so many times but you cant make them drink it.:lol: some people just NEVER learn.:cuckoo:

Huh? Why do you think the results of a Seahawk/Broncos game would be any different this season than it was last season? The Seahawks shut the door on Manning bread and butter play...the short pass. I assume a lot of AFC teams will be looking at the tape of last year's SB and learn how to jam up Denver's passing game.
Will Denver repeat? Only if the other 15 teams are too dumb to look how the Seahawks shut them down in the SB.

Seattle is a better team this year then last...why? One more year of experience under their belts. And remember Seattle is still one of the youngest teams in the NFL with the most talent.
:udaman::beer::clap: Like I said,some people just never learn,they never pay attention in class no matter how much you try and spell it out for them.:rolleyes:

wouldn't surprise me to see the NINERS to come out the NFC for the SB
they would easily by far have a MUCH better chance by leaps and bounds of beating the Seahawks in the playoffs that the cheatriots or donkeys would.:lol::lol::rofl::lmao:

some people around here,just wont take their hands off their eyes and deal with it that the Niners and the Hawks are the two best teams in the NFC with the cardinals not far behind since they also have a punishing strong physical defense just like them.:rolleyes:

that the team with the best record in that division is going to win the superbowl.:cuckoo:

You need to learn how to use the 'quote' function.

San Francisco

:lol:

I Believe Santa Clara will be in a position to tie the Seahawks near the end of the season and Kaepernick will attempt to make up for his poor choice and short fade throw in the NFC Championship game to Crabtree and repeat the same attempt in all three games in which the Santa Clara 9ers meet the Hawks. Two passes will end in the same results as far as the Santa Clara home game and the repeat NFC Championship game..

The Hawks home game against SC will be a blowout.

At halftime in the NE Seattle Superbowl it will be clear that the Hawks up by 5 TDs will win the contest(if you can call it that) and Harbaugh and Kaepernick will carry out a duall suicide pact.

Kaepernick will have bet what is left of his Team heavy contract on a NE victory and Harbaugh will have received a text from the Santa Clara ownership stating his contract will not be renewed. Neither man will have anything left to play or coach for.

It will be a sad and bizzarre ending to what was the Kaepernick/Harbaugh bromance.

Upon further examination of Kaepernicks tattoo's at the autopsy the ones normally left covered will be photographed and overlaid on the till then unknown tattoo's under Harbaughs skivvies and all will be known ...the mating of the Kaepernick/Harbaugh tat's pictures will explain everything.

Last edited:
San Francisco

I Believe Santa Clara will be in a position to tie the Seahawks near the end of the season and Kaepernick will attempt to make up for his poor choice and short fade throw in the NFC Championship game to Crabtree and repeat the same attempt in all three games in which the Santa Clara 9ers meet the Hawks. Two passes will end in the same results as far as the Santa Clara home game and the repeat NFC Championship game..

At halftime in the NE Seattle Superbowl it will be clear that the Hawks up by 5 TDs will win the contest(if you can call it that) and Harbaugh and Kaepernick will carry out a duall suicide pact.

Kaepernick will have bet what is left of his Team heavy contract on a NE victory and Harbaugh will have received a text from the Santa Clara ownership stating his contract will not be renewed. Neither man will have anything left to play or coach for.

It will be a sad and bizzarre ending to what was the Kaepernick/Harbaugh bromance.

Upon further examination of Kaepernicks tattoo's at the autopsy the ones normally left covered will be photographed and overlaid on the till then unknown tattoo's under Harbaughs skivvies and all will be known ...the mating of the Kaepernick/Harbaugh tat's pictures will explain everything.

You babble a lot of nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

San Francisco

the fact the owner of the niners hasnt renewed Harbaughs contract this past off season,its not babble at all since he is obviously on a short lease there having been responsibe for letting that organization rival their rivals from the other side of the bay as having the biggest thugs in the league.:cuckoo:

the fact the owner of the niners hasnt renewed Harbaughs contract this past off season,its not babble at all since he is obviously on a short lease there having been responsibe for letting that organization rival their rivals from the other side of the bay as having the biggest thugs in the league.:cuckoo:

"Short lease"? Lol! You also babble a lot of nonsense.

I've been watching Pro Sports my whole life (until recently)and I can tell ya' the same things happen year after year.

The NFL has 2 Conferences and what, 8 divisions?

Three of the Division Champs will make the playoffs, one will not.

There will be 1 or 2 "surprise" teams in each conference. "Surprise" meaning none of the Geniuses on ESPN will have seen it coming.

Injuries will decimate a few teams in the first four weeks.

Other than injuries, the first 4 weeks mean almost nothing. A team can be 1-3 or even 0-4 and STILL make the playoffs if they remain healthy. Conversley, a Team can go 3-1 or 4-0 and still MISS the playoffs.

The last 4 weeks are the only interesting ones. That's where 2,3 or even 4 teams will make a run for a playoff spot.

It happens that way every year.

Last edited:
Nope, nope! :lol: All of you who didn't pick the Pats are just wrong. Pats are going all the way baby!!! :D Gronk is going to back. We've picked up Derrell Revis. I think it seems like a promising season. My team suffered a lot with injuries last year. Then there was that fiasco with that loser Aaron Hernandez (barf). Hopefully, even if they don't make it to the SB this year, they still have a good year.

The Seattle Seahawks will make this year's run at the playoffs even more uneventful than last years. 14-2 ...home field advantage.. breeze through the playoffs...

It will be difficult to repeat the ease of which the Hawks dismantled the great Peyton Mannings record setting offense..

BUT that said... in this next Super Bowl #49 the Seahawks will score at will on offense, on defense and on special teams and the opposing team will be hard pressed to score at all.

I believe that the AFC will be represented by the NE Patriots and they will be crushed by the Seahawks in AZ.

Take the Hawks and definitely THE OVER.

No way! The Pats are an elite team. I would say that is wishful thinking. :D

I've been watching Pro Sports my whole life (until recently)and I can tell ya' the same things happen year after year.

The NFL has 2 Conferences and what, 8 divisions?

Three of the Division Champs will make the playoffs, one will not.

There will be 1 or 2 "surprise" teams in each conference. "Surprise" meaning none of the Geniuses on ESPN will have seen it coming.

Injuries will decimate a few teams in the first four weeks.

Other than injuries, the first 4 weeks mean almost nothing. A team can be 1-3 or even 0-4 and STILL make the playoffs if they remain healthy. Conversley, a Team can go 3-1 or 4-0 and still MISS the playoffs.

The last 4 weeks are the only interesting ones. That's where 2,3 or even 4 teams will make a run for a playoff spot.

It happens that way every year.

Well, it's important to keep in mind that all the analysts are getting ready and trying to psych everyone up for football season. I don't really take their analyses to heart ever. :)

The Seattle Seahawks will make this year's run at the playoffs even more uneventful than last years. 14-2 ...home field advantage.. breeze through the playoffs...

It will be difficult to repeat the ease of which the Hawks dismantled the great Peyton Mannings record setting offense..

BUT that said... in this next Super Bowl #49 the Seahawks will score at will on offense, on defense and on special teams and the opposing team will be hard pressed to score at all.

I believe that the AFC will be represented by the NE Patriots and they will be crushed by the Seahawks in AZ.

and Seattle is not? Seattle won it all and it was convincing.

I think it will be tougher for Seattle, but New England has Denver and an improved Colts team to contend with.

and Seattle is not? Seattle won it all and it was convincing.

I think it will be tougher for Seattle, but New England has Denver and an improved Colts team to contend with.

Nope, I don't think they're considered one of the elite teams yet, but the Pats are certainly an elite team. They are always the ones that everyone fears to play and that everyone wants to beat. Just watch some Pats game where they are behind, yet Tom Brady pulls everyone together and just marches down the field and scores, scores, scores. He is an elite QB, and the Pats are an elite team. Let's face it, TB is everything that an elite QB should be. That's why everyone hates the Pats. Lol! ;)

Redskins get a glimpse at how an elite NFL team practices - The Washington Post

All eyes were on Tom Brady — even though the New England Patriots quarterback didn’t do anything unusual.

A capacity crowd at Redskins training camp in Richmond welcomed the three-time Super Bowl champion passer with a roar when he started 11-on-11 drills Monday. There were plenty of Patriots fans lining the fields, but Redskins fans sensed something special, too.

At the first of three joint practices before the teams will meet in Thursday’s preseason opener, the crowd hushed every time Brady threw a pass. And he delivered.

Brady completed 5 of 6 in his first series against the Redskins’ starting defense, 2 of 3 with a deep touchdown in the next drive and 5 of 6 in the final series. Overall, Brady completed 12 of 15 with two drops and a score. Without a real pass rush — as quarterbacks aren’t touched in camp — Brady spread the field.

“Nothing’s better than Tom and Peyton [Manning],” Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. “Watch Tom’s demeanor in the huddle.”

Forum List

Back