My pick for SB Champion

The Seattle Seahawks will make this year's run at the playoffs even more uneventful than last years. 14-2 ...home field advantage.. breeze through the playoffs...

It will be difficult to repeat the ease of which the Hawks dismantled the great Peyton Mannings record setting offense..

BUT that said... in this next Super Bowl #49 the Seahawks will score at will on offense, on defense and on special teams and the opposing team will be hard pressed to score at all.

I believe that the AFC will be represented by the NE Patriots and they will be crushed by the Seahawks in AZ.

Take the Hawks and definitely THE OVER.

Huggy, IF the Seahawks make the Super Bowl again, and that is NOT a certainty, the Patriots will go mano y mano defensively with them, and Brady will find a way to win it.

2014-15 Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. Take it to the bank.

You can lead a horse to water but ya can't make him drink it...

Tom Brady USED to be a great QB. He is smart but he only has so much to work with. Derrell Revis THINKS he is the best shut down CB in the league and maybe he is.

He certainly isn't better than Sherman on the right side as the numbers of ints and passes defensed don't lie. Sherman has been the best for the last two seasons. Sherman doesn't have to cover the whole field. Left CB Byron Maxwell snagged 5 ints in last season's last four games.

Thing is when WRs try crossing routes Chancellor brings serious pain. That's his role..the enforcer. He made THAT clear in SB #48.

I would sound like rediculous bragging as many thought early this time last season but my words rang true. Now I don't sound quite as rediculous. Now the NFL and you must take my words more seriously.

The Seahawks CRUSHED the best offense in NFL history.

A million things could go wrong. A few key injuries... If Russell Wilson got hurt Seattle's chances would be seriously affected. BUT here and now the Seahawks are hands down the most talented and deep team in the NFL.

That could change but change it must to give you guys any chance at all.

This year we will find out if Seattle is a "one hit wonder". If they win the Super Bowl again, I will be happy to concede that Seattle has the beginnings of a dynasty.

Never count out the Patriots. They are there EVERY year. And this year their defense is going to be spectacular.

Only ONE NFL team has won THREE Super Bowls since 2000.

Only ONE NFL team has played in FIVE Super Bowls since 2000.

Only ONE NFL team has won 21 games in a row over two seasons.

Only ONE NFL team has won 18 games in a row in one season.

Only ONE NFL team has the most playoff appearances since 2000.

Only ONE NFL team has had the same starting quarterback since 2000.

Only ONE NFL team has had the same head coach since 2000.

THAT is a DYNASTY. Seattle has a LONG way to go.

Atlanta Falcons.

Your pick?

You don't happen to live in Atlanta do you? I for one do not believe Atlanta will even win their division let alone make the playoffs...did you watch any Falcons games last year?

Oh for the record the Seattle Seahawks win the Super Bowl again....

Last edited:
Huggy, IF the Seahawks make the Super Bowl again, and that is NOT a certainty, the Patriots will go mano y mano defensively with them, and Brady will find a way to win it.

Tom Brady USED to be a great QB. He is smart but he only has so much to work with. Derrell Revis THINKS he is the best shut down CB in the league and maybe he is.

He certainly isn't better than Sherman on the right side as the numbers of ints and passes defensed don't lie. Sherman has been the best for the last two seasons. Sherman doesn't have to cover the whole field. Left CB Byron Maxwell snagged 5 ints in last season's last four games.

Thing is when WRs try crossing routes Chancellor brings serious pain. That's his role..the enforcer. He made THAT clear in SB #48.

I would sound like rediculous bragging as many thought early this time last season but my words rang true. Now I don't sound quite as rediculous. Now the NFL and you must take my words more seriously.

A million things could go wrong. A few key injuries... If Russell Wilson got hurt Seattle's chances would be seriously affected. BUT here and now the Seahawks are hands down the most talented and deep team in the NFL.

This year we will find out if Seattle is a "one hit wonder". If they win the Super Bowl again, I will be happy to concede that Seattle has the beginnings of a dynasty.

Never count out the Patriots. They are there EVERY year. And this year their defense is going to be spectacular.

All good reasons why when the Hawks piss in NE's punch bowl next February how sweet the blowout will be.

Buffalo played in three straight SB...does that make them a great team today.....nor does all the stats in the past make NE a great team now.

Note that Seattle didn't have squat for years and now they are a great team with great talent from top to bottom. NE on the other hand is in decline whether you believe it or not.

I have listened to SF fans hoot and holler about all the great teams they had in the past, (and they are right) but having good teams in the past is a piss poor reason to think they are still great today. The Joe Montana and Jerry Rice's are gone.

The Minnesota Vikings!

That almost as funny as Candycorn predicting the Falcons.

I read somewhere that they have a QB on the come..

Fabulous !!!

Maybe they should give him a snappy nickname like UMMmmm...???? Matty Ice..

Did they resign Gonzalez or has he finally retired?

That was their big hope last season. I feel sorry for him. He deserved a better team.

Seattle Seahawks will not make the playoffs

You read it here first

Are you also a writer for the National Inquirer? Just what is going to stop Seattle from making the playoffs?

In selecting the next SuperBowl champion it is tempting to go with the last winner. Especially when they win convincingly

But in the last two decades, many more SB winners did not make the playoffs than repeated

Factors that work against Seattle
- They are not as hungry as last year
- They have a target on their back as defending champs
- They were relatively injury free last year
- They play in the tougest division in football

I see complacency already setting in with Seattle. They are accepting the dynasty talk without realizing you have to work for it. SF, St Louis and Arizona all have the tools to knock them off. I'm looking at 9-7 and outside looking in on the playoffs

In selecting the next SuperBowl champion it is tempting to go with the last winner. Especially when they win convincingly

Okay...next.

But in the last two decades, many more SB winners did not make the playoffs than repeated

So what? next.

Factors that work against Seattle
- They are not as hungry as last year

Why wouldn't they be, they have a chance with the players they have too be great for at least two more years and Pete Carroll is a great motivator.

- They have a target on their back as defending champs

While that is true, but someone will have hit that target and I only see a couple teams coming even close.

- They were relatively injury free last year

Every team has injuries and Seattle had their share last season.

- They play in the tougest division in football
[/QUOTE]

As they did last year.

I see complacency already setting in with Seattle. They are accepting the dynasty talk without realizing you have to work for it. SF, St Louis and Arizona all have the tools to knock them off. I'm looking at 9-7 and outside looking in on the playoffs

Please...how can anyone see complacency before they play their first game?

The fact is seven teams have played in Super Bowls twice in a row and all won both times. But that is not relevant to the game today.

Last edited:
In the past twenty years, only two teams have managed to repeat as champions. Eight teams did not even make the playoffs. In looking at the Seahawks in the offseason, they seem to have more in common with the teams that failed than the teams that repeated

I see SF, Arizona and St Louis inflicting serious damage in divisional games. I predict Seattle will get an attitude wake up call this season

Last edited:
If Gronk stays healthy, Patriots. If not then it's a crap shoot. I don't think the Seahawks can repeat.

Who do I want? Redskins. I'll keep the hope alive as long as I can until they crush my dreams again :crybaby:

the pats go to the superbowl because the AFC is so weak they dont have any serious competition to face other than the donkeys wwho wont make it bakc because they will have to face the NFC this year,the most physical and punishing defenses in the NFL.I guarantee they are happy they only have to face them one and not twice like the seahakws do every year.:lol::lol:

the seahawks will make it back,they only lost a couple of key starters on their team last year and they are hungry to repeat and got the coach to get them through it all.if they make it pas the niners again in the NFC who i think they face again,whoever wins that game wins the superbowl.that what i said last year and im sticking with it again that they are still the two best teams in the league.

if the hawks can stay injury free for most the season,its game over for the rest of the league. the cheatriots will find out just like the donkesy did once they get to the superbowl and face the hawks,wishing they werent there after having to deal with a physical punishing defense they wont face all yearlong.

the donkesy found that out last year that the seahawks were a physical punishing defense like no other team they faced all year long and the pats are going to find out the same thing.:D

wow agent candyass,your as ignorant about sports as you are on government corruption.you can pass that on to your handlers for me.:D

the falcons, who have a pathetic defense with the dumbest defensive coordinater in the league because he always uses the PREVENT YOU FROM WINNING DEFENSE, and a quarterback who has meltdowns in big games and lost a future hall of fame tight end in the off season, is going to rebound this year and go to the superbowl?

comedy gold from you as always candyass.:D:rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Why can't you, for once, act like an ADULT and express your disagreement with somebody else's opinion in a MATURE manner.

Your name-calling, ridiculing, and other personal attacks are way past annoying, and heading straight towards "I'd kick your ass if I knew the location of your parent's basement ".

:mad:

coming from the whiner who aways insults FIRST and then acts like an innocent victem whining and crying about it all the time when insulted back.:lol::lol:

you and whining troll candyass should marry each other.:D

The Seattle Seahawks will make this year's run at the playoffs even more uneventful than last years. 14-2 ...home field advantage.. breeze through the playoffs...

It will be difficult to repeat the ease of which the Hawks dismantled the great Peyton Mannings record setting offense..

BUT that said... in this next Super Bowl #49 the Seahawks will score at will on offense, on defense and on special teams and the opposing team will be hard pressed to score at all.

I believe that the AFC will be represented by the NE Patriots and they will be crushed by the Seahawks in AZ.

:udaman::dance::beer:

thats the understatement of the year.agree with every point other than scoring lots on kickoffs. Carrol if he is wise,wont user harvin much on kickoff returns because that is exposing him more to being injured,save him for the playoffs for that and when they face their top rival the niners and when it is close late in the game,those should be the ONLY times he uses him. they will have a question mark at kick returner if they do it that way like they should so the kicking game is in question.

its comedy gold how they NEVER learn,that the NFC title game will be the REAL superbowl.that the niners in the NFC championship game will agin be their toughest test.the seahawks shut down the best offense in league history and people STILL their their weak AFC teams can give the hawks problems if they come in healthy like they did last year.:lol::lol::D they never learn.:D

yeah thats the only way they would even have a chance against the hawks if they came into the superbowl without wilson or have the starting line injured.THEN the past would have a prayer against them.:D

Atlanta Falcons.

Your pick?

You don't happen to live in Atlanta do you? I for one do not believe Atlanta will even win their division let alone make the playoffs...did you watch any Falcons games last year?

Oh for the record the Seattle Seahawks win the Super Bowl again....

if you ever followed the posts of candyass before,you wouldnt be surprised with that pick of his.:lol::lol::lmao: He was saying all year long last year the seahawks would never go to the superbowl and when he was proven wrong on that,he then said they would lose to the donkeys.:lol::lmao::lmao:

All good reasons why when the Hawks piss in NE's punch bowl next February how sweet the blowout will be.

:beer::dance: Yep brady will then have to pass on the torch to Wilson as the next quarterback who was overlooked by everybody who also will be slated to join him in the hall of fame.

unlike candyass,I think toro was being sarcastic.just joking.:D:lol::lol:

Last edited:

Not even slightly convinced..

As far as strength of opponent goes

The 2007 Patriots

Total offense.. 6580 yards.....589 pts

The 2013 Broncos

7317 yards ....606 pts

W/L record aside the Broncos were a much stronger team on offense.

Team defense Pats allowed 274 pts...4613 yards

Broncos allowed 399 pts ... 5696 yards.

The Pats had a better defense than Denver but all things considered Seattle faced a stronger opponent than NY did.

Seattle offence in 2013.. 417 pts... 5424 yards

Seahawk Defense allowed 231 pts 4378 yards

Seattle had a much better defense than either Denver or the Patriots and still has all of the components from last season.

The Pats defense hasn't ever been spectacular... This season will be no different. Seattle defense WILL be spectacular as it was last season.

Atlanta Falcons.

Your pick?

That would be a great turn around, but I see the Broncos making the game and giving Peyton his second SB ring to match little brother.

Huh? Why do you think the results of a Seahawk/Broncos game would be any different this season than it was last season? The Seahawks shut the door on Manning bread and butter play...the short pass. I assume a lot of AFC teams will be looking at the tape of last year's SB and learn how to jam up Denver's passing game.
Will Denver repeat? Only if the other 15 teams are too dumb to look how the Seahawks shut them down in the SB.

Seattle is a better team this year then last...why? One more year of experience under their belts. And remember Seattle is still one of the youngest teams in the NFL with the most talent.

Forum List

Back