“My Brother’s Keeper” initiative

President Obama to launch major new effort to help young minority men - The Washington Post

President Obama will launch a significant new effort Thursday to bolster the lives of young minority (BLACK) men, seeking to use the power of the presidency to help a group of Americans whose lives are disproportionately affected by poverty and prison.

The “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative will bring foundations and companies together to test a range of strategies to support such young men, taking steps to keep them in school and out of the criminal justice system, a White House official said. Obama will also announce a more vigorous program to evaluate policies and publicize results to school systems around the country.

Yea, Obama them whites are all doing so good ,how about leave black out of it and bolster the lives of all .............View attachment 29451
Everytime the Statists 'help out' minorities? Their plight grows larger, and do the sounds of their complaints. Now why is that? How did that 'Great Society' work out anyway?

He's supposed to be the president for all the people not just for black people. That's why I don't bother calling him president.

Stop lying Willow...you NEVER did nor intended to call him President.

This is yet, just another excuse to exercise your raw hatred towards this man.

Anyway, I knew it would come to this...

Self-proclaimed Conservatives wailed and moaned about how blacks have been worse off under the "Food Stamp President" and how Obama hasn't done anything for blacks...

The INSTANT any little effort is done, you VAMPIRES crawl out the woodwork with your BASHINGS against him.

Carry on folks...business as usual.

*SMH*

Last edited:
I find Obama and Democrats horrible people

They throw out these bones to act like they care for people...After all these years Blacks should be offended by their President and party they vote for... they single them out as being too stupid and hopeless to make a good life on their own...

we've all be free to make our lives what they are...

Last edited:
The effort will seek “to make sure that every young man of color who is willing to work hard and lift himself up has an opportunity to get ahead and reach his full potential,”

So, racists, what part of that do you object to?

`
The measure is racist and fails the Equal Protection Clause. Obama, the Constitutional Scholar,should be impeached for gross ignorance and malfeasance in office.[/QUOTE]

They hate the part about "Today, the black President said/did something…"

They hate thinking that people of color achieve more in life than they do.

The KKK began with the POOR farmer turning on the free black man who was going to be owning land and making a living next to him -- He thinks: "WHAT IF… the black does better than me? What am I worth then?"

Anytime a person of color succeeds it's a crushing blow to their self-worth.

He's supposed to be the president for all the people not just for black people. That's why I don't bother calling him president.

Self-proclaimed Conservatives wailed and moaned about how blacks have been worse off under the "Food Stamp President" and how Obama hasn't done anything for blacks...

The INSTANT any little effort is done, you VAMPIRES crawl out the woodwork with your BASHINGS against him.

Cary on folks...business as usual.

*SMH*

you're the liar...no one singled out blacks as having being worse off...that is your made up crap

We have ALL been worse off under this man and people's skin color has only been brought up by you liberals and Obama himself...

Because race hustling and class warfare is a slimy tactic of the Democrats and their party

Cary on folks...business as usual.

*SMH*

you're the liar...no one singled out blacks as having being worse off...that is your made up crap

We have ALL been worse off under this man and people's skin color has only been brought up by you liberals and Obama himself...

Because race hustling and class warfare is a slimy tactic of the Democrats and their party
What's the race-hustle?

How have you managed to make something that is absolutely positive and spun it into something negative?

Are you really that RANCID!?!?

The measure is racist and fails the Equal Protection Clause. Obama, the Constitutional Scholar,should be impeached for gross ignorance and malfeasance in office.

They hate the part about "Today, the black President said/did something…"

They hate thinking that people of color achieve more in life than they do.

The KKK began with the POOR farmer turning on the free black man who was going to be owning land and making a living next to him -- He thinks: "WHAT IF… the black does better than me? What am I worth then?"

Anytime a person of color succeeds it's a crushing blow to their self-worth.

It's a good thing for their self worth that Obama is president, and not someone who actually was qualified for the job.

Good, now we can get rid of all the other failed liberal programs designed to help blacks.

What makes me wonder is that they hold up blacks that have achieved great success then claim that other blacks don't have the same opportunity. WTF is wrong with liberals that they think they have to control everyone's lives?

This is just more divide the country BS. There are plenty of programs out their to help minorities paid for by the majority.

This is a flyer of the program:
http://crimelab.uchicago.edu/sites/crimelab.uchicago.edu/files/uploads/BAM%20flyer.pdf

I am not sure that the message was a statement that whites had it so good. Is there anything specific that you find fault with this program?

My point is Obama as most progressives are really great at talking the talk BUT here we have a guy who says"
"It is that fundamental belief — I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper"
this while my brother lives in a $12 hut.

And the issue itself? Or do we just keep slamming a guy that won't be up for election in an effort to do nothing but whine or search for numerous ways to take information out of context?

There are a few progressive causes that tick me off for that very same reason.

So you have no problem with this hypocrite piously complaining about others not being brother's keeper WHILE his own brother lives in a $12/year hut?
Why in the hell should ANYTHING this dick head president offer now be believed and followed?
The biased Politifact.org called him the biggest liar of 2013!

Information out of context? Picture is worth a 1,000 of Obama's insincere words!

Like most things in life, follow the money. Poverty is the underlying cause of the disintegration of family and the high incarceration rates. The small percentage of blacks who slip through the gauntlet and enter the middle class end up assimilating to the American Dream, showing the ability to jump through hoops and excel at school and work. The trick is to address the social conditions that make it more likely that blacks will enter the cycle of poverty > prison.

Unfortunately, there is no way to have this discussion without addressing the fact that the Right and Left have different frameworks for interpreting the problem. The Right sees every social outcome as a matter of personal choice and discipline, and they overlook the vast disparities that exist at the start of the race (where blacks, as a group, overwhelmingly start with less, and they lack easy access to education, health care and the stable home life that comes with wealth). The Left sees personal outcomes as coming from a complex causal network, of which individual choice is just one factor, albeit an important one.

Given that we Americans can't agree on the basic facts surrounding this problem - and neither group on a forum like this can offer deep research analysis - we end up merely screaming undefended conclusions as if they were common sense, so black and white that only a moron couldn't see it.

We're not making progress or trying to get the other side to understand what is rational and defensible about our conclusions, we're just yelling, spamming and trolling for our point of view.

Actually, we have a number of people who have been conditioned to believe that the way to persuade people in the public forum is to shout them down and call them idiots for not seeing our truth (which we can't defend by any other means than yelling and name calling). This is an Orwellian strategy meant to benefit the status quo. As long as the prols are fighting amongst each other, they will never mobilize against the powers that own government.
The problem is white privilege. If a black works hard and is given an opportunity over a white, whites consider it to be reverse discrimination...and sometimes it is (and vice versa).

Nonetheless, consider one point...blacks have had equal opportunity for maybe 2 generations while most whites (except the Irish to a degree) have had the opportunity to succeed since the inception of this nation. Blacks were slaves and were institutionally discriminated against with Jim Crow laws and an environment of hate. Whites benefited from homesteading, from inheritance and from 'white privilege'. This 'program' should be all inclusive...whites who have had multiple generations of opportunity to succeed and still live in trailers certainly need help. Whites who, after 5 - 6 generations of wealth building opportunity, have failed and are in the welfare line with their Obama phones and food stamps need more help than any black out there.

Good, now we can get rid of all the other failed liberal programs designed to help blacks.

What makes me wonder is that they hold up blacks that have achieved great success then claim that other blacks don't have the same opportunity. WTF is wrong with liberals that they think they have to control everyone's lives?

This is just more divide the country BS. There are plenty of programs out their to help minorities paid for by the majority.
You do realize, Bill O'Reilly suggested this to Obama. I agree, this will divide the country. As soon as a black person benefits from this program and beats a white out for a job or college education, whites are gonna get bitter.

Blacks are not disproportionately affected by poverty and prison. Those are effects not causes. The cause is disintegration of the black family.

Fact's which Obama hopes this program will tackle head-on.

"Still, Obama stressed the role that parents and neighbors had in helping young men of color navigate the world.
"We can reform our criminal justice system to make sure it's not infected with bias, but nothing keeps a young man out of trouble like a father who takes an active role in his son's life," Obama said". LINK: My Brother's Keeper

Judging by this thread, it's another slow news week for the False Outrage police.

Now that the truth about Bengazi has made the right look like imbeciles, they're on to even sillier and stupider things now.

My point is Obama as most progressives are really great at talking the talk BUT here we have a guy who says"
"It is that fundamental belief — I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper"
this while my brother lives in a $12 hut.

And the issue itself? Or do we just keep slamming a guy that won't be up for election in an effort to do nothing but whine or search for numerous ways to take information out of context?

There are a few progressive causes that tick me off for that very same reason.

So you have no problem with this hypocrite piously complaining about others not being brother's keeper WHILE his own brother lives in a $12/year hut?
Why in the hell should ANYTHING this dick head president offer now be believed and followed?
The biased Politifact.org called him the biggest liar of 2013!

Information out of context? Picture is worth a 1,000 of Obama's insincere words!

It's a bunch of drama. Busy work for the people. If you (general you) can keep me focused on busy work then I am not paying attention to Supreme Court cases or legislation or any of the important stuff. Somewhere down the line our tax dollars will kick in through some counseling services or through grants. I want to know the success and the failures of these programs. Keep in mind that the program in question started on the South Side of Chicago. The South Side of Chicago existed before Obama and will continue to exist after he is gone.

Forum List

Back