My Analysis of Tuesday GOP Convention Speeches

Why did Rick Santorum not get re-elected as a Senator in Pennsylvania? Is this correct?

Santorum became the center of a national controversy in 2003 after he was quoted in an interview comparing consensual homosexual relationships to abusive "man on child, man on dog" sex. Gay rights activists reacted with outrage; nationally columnist Dan Savage took revenge by encouraging his readers to come up with a new definition for the word "santorum." During his second term, Santorum became embroiled in a new controversy over his legal residence. Though officially residing in (and thus representing) Penn Hills, Pennsylvania, Santorum and his family spent most of their time in Leesburg, Virginia. His five eldest children were enrolled in a cyber school paid for at taxpayers' expense; in 2004, the school board determined the children were not legal residents of the Penn Hills district and asked Santorum to repay the district for the cost of their education. This fight dragged on through 2006, opening the senator up to charges that he had abandoned his constituency and thus damaging Santorum's reelection chances.
http://www.ask.com/answers/11069062...-as-a-senator-in-pennsylvania-is-this-correct

Now, who builds what and who takes from whom?

Still cant be honest about the context of Obama's "You didn't build that" remark? What's wrong with you lefties? Is it really that difficult to say that Obama said something stupid?

551698_480534728624177_1579947424_n.jpg

Governors' Walker, Kasich, Christie and McDonnell spoke earlier tonight, along with Ann Romney.

Romney and Christie were the big-two speakers, with Mitt's wife warming her husband up and Christie delivering the keynote.

There was an interesting theme that played out: They all talked about an era in America when their parents or grandparents came to the country with nothing and made something of themselves.

They riffed the whole evening on President Obama's quote "You Didn't Build That", continuing to take it out of context. Obama was talking about how it takes all of us working together to get stuff like roads and bridges done, which then allow for small businesses to flourish.

But Republicans take it to mean that self-reliance is frowned upon while suckin' on the gov't teat is the ONLY way.

So then they all get to talking about a bygone era where their folks and grandfolks came here with nothing and made something of themselves. That's all nice and good, but the G.I. Bill got Gov. Christie's dad his education.

Rick Santorum took public money to home school his kids. Most people do.

The Public Works Administration, which came to be under FDR, and which was signed off by both cons and libs, put the country back to work, giving some of their ancestors jobs.

A gov't bailout of Salt Lake City allowed for Mitt Romney to turn the Olympics around.

Gov't action in Mass. passed by Romney allowed for scholarships for thousands of kids out there.

Ann Romney said that Mitt Romney wasn't given anything, and built himself up on his own. Does anybody really believe that?

They stand there, hypocrites the lot of them, trying to say that self-reliance and self-reliance alone was responsible for their successes, but the facts don't bare that out. Indeed, they did NOT build themselves up alone. It was a mix of being given help by both other family members and the government and then, finally, self-reliance and hard work and determination that got them where they are today.

Their hypocrisy is just so fucking lame to watch. They stand there and believe the crap they're peddling in their own invented reality.

You forgot the great speech from Artur Davis, who in 2008 seconded the motion that allowed Obama to become the Democrat candidate for president. He told how he was once a believer of the flowery rhetoric he heard from Obama but has since realized that rhetoric was nothing but empty promises.

Walkers, Kasich and Christie all shared how they turned their state's fiscal problems around without increasing taxes but making necessary cuts.

You forgot Nikki Haley, whose speech centered around how Obama has stood in the way of progress and jobs by suing her state time and time again and even suing company within the state, losing that case.

What president looks upons his own states as enemies to sue?

YOu point out that these speakers were hypocrites for the family and government had helped make them what they are today. Just what government help did each of these individuals have that made them a success? And don't tell me they drove on a road or crossed a bridge. That horse is dead.

He was always the most conservative Dem in the House. Glad he saw the light go out in D.C.....:lol: Welcome Artur! ***

imagesart-1-1.jpg

Governors' Walker, Kasich, Christie and McDonnell spoke earlier tonight, along with Ann Romney.

Romney and Christie were the big-two speakers, with Mitt's wife warming her husband up and Christie delivering the keynote.

There was an interesting theme that played out: They all talked about an era in America when their parents or grandparents came to the country with nothing and made something of themselves.

They riffed the whole evening on President Obama's quote "You Didn't Build That", continuing to take it out of context. Obama was talking about how it takes all of us working together to get stuff like roads and bridges done, which then allow for small businesses to flourish.

But Republicans take it to mean that self-reliance is frowned upon while suckin' on the gov't teat is the ONLY way.

So then they all get to talking about a bygone era where their folks and grandfolks came here with nothing and made something of themselves. That's all nice and good, but the G.I. Bill got Gov. Christie's dad his education.

The Public Works Administration, which came to be under FDR, and which was signed off by both cons and libs, put the country back to work, giving some of their ancestors jobs.

A gov't bailout of Salt Lake City allowed for Mitt Romney to turn the Olympics around.

Gov't action in Mass. passed by Romney allowed for scholarships for thousands of kids out there.

Ann Romney said that Mitt Romney wasn't given anything, and built himself up on his own. Does anybody really believe that?

They stand there, hypocrites the lot of them, trying to say that self-reliance and self-reliance alone was responsible for their successes, but the facts don't bare that out. Indeed, they did NOT build themselves up alone. It was a mix of being given help by both other family members and the government and then, finally, self-reliance and hard work and determination that got them where they are today.

Their hypocrisy is just so fucking lame to watch. They stand there and believe the crap they're peddling in their own invented reality.

You forgot the great speech from Artur Davis, who in 2008 seconded the motion that allowed Obama to become the Democrat candidate for president. He told how he was once a believer of the flowery rhetoric he heard from Obama but has since realized that rhetoric was nothing but empty promises.

Walkers, Kasich and Christie all shared how they turned their state's fiscal problems around without increasing taxes but making necessary cuts.

You forgot Nikki Haley, whose speech centered around how Obama has stood in the way of progress and jobs by suing her state time and time again and even suing company within the state, losing that case.

What president looks upons his own states as enemies to sue?

YOu point out that these speakers were hypocrites for the family and government had helped make them what they are today. Just what government help did each of these individuals have that made them a success? And don't tell me they drove on a road or crossed a bridge. That horse is dead.

He was always the most conservative Dem in the House. Glad he saw the light go out in D.C.....:lol: Welcome Artur! ***

imagesart-1-1.jpg

funny that does not look like Bush.

I thought Christie was good. He's a good public speaker and has done a lot of good in NJ the hard way, I think hes got a bright future.

Ann Ronmey's BS talk about love is just that BS. If the GOP would grow up and embrace same sex marriage I think then they could say they do know what love for each and every American means. Till then, they are full of shit and just plain pathetic for peddling their current anti-gay agenda.

So by the same token.....

If the DNC would grow up and embrace babies rather than kill them.
I think then they could say they do know what love for each and every American means. Till then, they are full of shit and just plain pathetic for peddling their current anti-baby agenda.
but do you really believe that republican's daughters don't have abortions? or republicans don't have abortions? :eusa_whistle:

No... I just believe you guys hate babies is all :dunno:

Audio: Obama argues against Born Alive legislation in IL state senate - YouTube

For those of you who want to paint Mitt Romney as a "heartless rich guy"? In my opinion the best way to judge someone's "heart" is what they do when nobody is watching them.

Go back and look at what Barack and Michelle Obama were making for charitable contributions back in 2000 and 2001...you know...when both were successful lawyers pulling in the big bucks and before
Barry started his run for the Presidency? They made charitable contributions of around 1%. So why have they increased them so dramatically "lately"? One has to wonder if their being in the white hot spot light of politics has brought out a sudden urge to give.

Mitt Romney has consistently contributed 10% of his income to charity...something he's been doing for decades...not just since he decided to become a politician. He gave !00% of his inheritance that came from his father to charity. Then there is all of his time that he's volunteered to church or country. When Romney rescued the Salt Lake Olympics he took $1 for the time that he devoted to that endeavor. He never collected a dime for all the work he did as a Deacon for the Mormon Church in Boston.

Joe Biden contributes even less than Obama. Yet he's been in Washington spending OUR money for longer than almost any other politician in the country.

As I said before the best way to judge someone's character is to observe what they do when they think nobody is paying attention.

For those of you who want to paint Mitt Romney as a "heartless rich guy"? In my opinion the best way to judge someone's "heart" is what they do when nobody is watching them.

Go back and look at what Barack and Michelle Obama were making for charitable contributions back in 2000 and 2001...you know...when both were successful lawyers pulling in the big bucks and before
Barry started his run for the Presidency? They made charitable contributions of around 1%. So why have they increased them so dramatically "lately"? One has to wonder if their being in the white hot spot light of politics has brought out a sudden urge to give.

Mitt Romney has consistently contributed 10% of his income to charity...something he's been doing for decades...not just since he decided to become a politician. He gave !00% of his inheritance that came from his father to charity. Then there is all of his time that he's volunteered to church or country. When Romney rescued the Salt Lake Olympics he took $1 for the time that he devoted to that endeavor. He never collected a dime for all the work he did as a Deacon for the Mormon Church in Boston.

Joe Biden contributes even less than Obama. Yet he's been in Washington spending OUR money for longer than almost any other politician in the country.

As I said before the best way to judge someone's character is to observe what they do when they think nobody is paying attention.

So Romney is a good guy because he uses his money to help build the evil cult he belongs to?

Really?

So Romney is a good guy because he uses his money to help build the evil cult he belongs to?

Really?

Yeah, those Mormons are pretty despicable people, Joe! Did you know that the Osmond Family kidnaps and eats Christian babies? (eye-roll) Get a grip, dude!!!

Thus the RNC convention continues the 4 year ‘strategy’ of demonizing Obama, hate for Obama rather than support for Romney.

Needless to say it will fail.

I have finally figured out what the Republican convention is all about.
Getting Romney elected.

And going about it poorly.

You know what's REALLY amusing about this post of yours, Clayton? It's the Democrats that have been attacking Romney and Ryan on a personal level...while it's the Republicans that are attacking President Obama on his POLICIES.

The truth is...this President can't run on his record because frankly it's awful. He has no choice BUT to try and demonize Romney and Ryan.

Really?

Yeah, those Mormons are pretty despicable people, Joe! Did you know that the Osmond Family kidnaps and eats Christian babies? (eye-roll) Get a grip, dude!!!

I have a grip.

Mormons were an evil cult the minute Joe Smith deflowered his first "sister-wife"...

They've been evil ever since.

And you guys hate Obama so much, you are going to back one.

Thankfully, the whole country isn't as depraved as you are.

Really?

I have a grip.

Mormons were an evil cult the minute Joe Smith deflowered his first "sister-wife"...

Catholics brought us 300 years of the Inquisition, Joe...that doesn't mean you shouldn't associate with one today. Your "Mormon phobia" is baseless.

I have a grip.

Catholics brought us 300 years of the Inquisition, Joe...that doesn't mean you shouldn't associate with one today. Your "Mormon phobia" is baseless.

The Catholic Church has apologized for the Inquisition.

I'm still waiting for the Mormon Church to apologize for... well, anything.

Sorry bout that,

*******Romney and Christie******* [ were ] the big-two speakers, with Mitt's wife warming her husband up and Christie delivering the keynote.

But Republicans take it to mean that self-reliance is frowned upon while sucking' on the gov't teat is the ONLY way.

1. ^^^^^^^^Just stupid talk,^^^^^^^^^ ............*Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained* its true.
2. You have to work real hard in America to gain enough financial savings to *Venture Out*
3. Nothing can or will happen unless some one sticks their neck out and invests into it.
4. *NOTHING*.
5. Government does not make money, they spend money they do not make, so its easy as hell to spend and risk money you didn't earn, Obama has been spending tax payers money like a drunken sailor, there can be no argument about that fact.
6. Thats why Obama gave and has given away so much money, Sylondra, GM, GE, Brazil, I don't even want to list them all, because it makes me sick!
7. Obama said to *America*, "You didn't build that!" and "Some one else did" thats *Political Suicide*, unless you're a complete idiot, and I am sure the OP is, you have to know, *Stick A Fucking Fork In Obama, He's DONE!!!*
8. There is no better way to say, so I just did.
9. Its now 7:39 PM central time now on Thursday, the 29th Romney still hasn't spoken, why you sure are a fucking liar!!!
10. Cristie spoke last night, but Romney is yet to speak, wait for it, he is due to speak in an hour or so.
11. Self reliance is a good thing, *Dumb ass*!!!!!!!
12. Damn you're just too fucking stupid to be posting on this site, thats all I can add.:mad:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
I have a grip.

Since the Inquisition happened back in like 1300 AD, an apology from Pope John Paul II SEVEN HUNDRED YEARS LATER seems a bit belated. And just between you and me, Joe? The Catholic religion gave us not only the Spanish Inquisition but the Crusades and many other armed conflicts in the name of their religious beliefs...killing hundreds of thousands of people in the process. What heinous crimes against humanity has the Mormon Church committed? Enlighten this old history major...

I have a grip.

And what exactly do we have to apologize for?

Sorry bout that,

Since the Inquisition happened back in like 1300 AD, an apology from Pope John Paul II SEVEN HUNDRED YEARS LATER seems a bit belated. And just between you and me, Joe? The Catholic religion gave us not only the Spanish Inquisition but the Crusades and many other armed conflicts in the name of their religious beliefs...killing hundreds of thousands of people in the process. What heinous crimes against humanity has the Mormon Church committed? Enlighten this old history major...

1. Get in this century.
2. Duffass!
3. Like you are a Jew and killed Christ!
4. Jews now had nothing to do with the death of Christ, those who did inadvertently fulfilled prophecy!
5. Sometimes we have to beat back the raging hordes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Get in this century.
2. Duffass!
3. Like you are a Jew and killed Christ!
4. Jews now had nothing to do with the death of Christ, those who did inadvertently fulfilled prophecy!
5. Sometimes we have to beat back the raging hordes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Was this post supposed to be sent to someone else about something else? I have NO idea what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back