Muslims

First, and again, the fact that Saddam possessed and used WMDs is indisputable. Any statements that Saddam was connected to 9/11 were speculative, and/or a BIG stretch on the statement that he supported terrorists; which, is also an indisputable fact.

I will also point out, that YOU have slung the accusation/term "traitor" around quite freely yourself. I believe your use of it to be just as wrong as those who use it on you.

The fact that 65% of Americans believed in January of '03 that Saddam planned and executed 9/11 was extensively documented.

the fact that saddam did, at one time possess and use WMD's is self evident.... what is not evident is that he had them in march of '03

I only sling the term "traitor" at selective individuals after they have denigrated my service. I would never use that term to apply to YOU, for example and if I ever did, it was the scotch talking. ;)

Yet, a new poll found that nearly 70 percent of respondents believed the Iraqi leader probably was personally involved. Rumsfeld said, ''I've not seen any indication that would lead me to believe that I could say that.''

FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll. Jan. 29-30, 2003. N=900 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"How confident are you that President Bush will make the right decision regarding the use of U.S. troops in Iraq: very confident, somewhat confident, not very confident, or not at all confident?"

Very Some-
what Not
Very Not
At All Not
Sure
% % % % %
1/29-30/03 40 27 17 13 3
11/02 42 28 12 12 6

"Do you believe Iraq is hiding chemical and biological weapons or other weapons of mass destruction from the inspectors?"

Yes No Not
Sure
% % %
1/29-30/03 87 3 10

"Do you believe Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has ties to the terrorist group Al Qaeda?"

Yes No Not
Sure
% % %
1/29-30/03 81 6 13

Gunny I may not be a perfect person but I think you will find I dont lie.

The American people made their choices this last election and they really do want this war to end.

The Iraqi people have done they same and they want it to end.

I have already presented the evidence that this admin cherry picked the evidence and people in their our ranks have said so as well as documents like the downing street memo.

If it were really a liberal media then why are they not reporting about the vote in the Iraqi gov. I made you aware of yesterday.

http://tinyurl.com/yqp44x

Gunny here is an article which refers to the polls of 70% believing in 911 Sadam ties

The article is from 9/18/03, and completely supports the fact that while Saddam and 9/11 were used in the same sentence, the administration did not put the two together.

Also "a recent poll" hardly supports anything. Who conducted it? Who was polled? What question(s) was asked?

I truly hope you don't base all your opinions on such flimsy stuff.

, and completely supports the fact that while Saddam and 9/11 were used in the same sentence, the administration did not put the two together

except in the same sentence...

over and over and over and over and over again....and then they acted all shocked that Americans would have POSSIBLY put them together in their minds

I remember Bush would deny it when pressed and then Cheney the very next day would be claiming the ties in some interview

The fact that 65% of Americans believed in January of '03 that Saddam planned and executed 9/11 was extensively documented.

the fact that saddam did, at one time possess and use WMD's is self evident.... what is not evident is that he had them in march of '03

I only sling the term "traitor" at selective individuals after they have denigrated my service. I would never use that term to apply to YOU, for example and if I ever did, it was the scotch talking. ;)

I'm sorry, but I can't believe 65% of Americans can be that stupid since OBL took credit for it in Sept 01. I would not have believed it, and I don't recall seeing it, and I WAS paying attention.

As far the WMDs go ... Saddam possessed and used WMDs. Saddam could not account for tons of WMDs and/or their components. Saddam led UN inspectors around by the nose, declaring this or that off limits, and/or kicking them out of Iraq every so often. All of which violated the terms of ceasefire, btw.

The logical conclusion I come to is that he's sitting on a stockpile waiting to use them. A more than reasonable conclusion, and a premise we operated under every time we deployed to Kuwait throughout the 90s.

If anyone is to blame in that regard, it's Saddam himself. He could have complied with the UN and they and us would have been gone before 2000 ever came around, and he'd have been right back in business.

Instead, he chose to rattle his saber and give the impression to the entire world he was indeed hiding something. If he wasn't, he played the ultimate fool's hand considering the price he paid for it.

No, you haven't called me a traitor. If I don't react well to you being called one, imagine how well I would react to being called one myself?

I was referring to some of the members of the current administration you tend to label as traitors. IMO, a traitor is a traitor, by definition. Nothing less or different makes them so.

The inspectors said the inspections were working and they were on top it.

This admin ridiculed them and then guess what it turns out they were right

But Gunny I gave you a fox poll which Prooved I told you the truth.

Gunny I was under the impression that you were a fair person who recognized fact when it was given?

The inspectors said the inspections were working and they were on top it.

The UN inspectors? They're about as credible as the UN.

This admin ridiculed them and then guess what it turns out they were right

Really? Then where are the tons of missing WMDs/percursors ON RECORD AT THE UN that are unaccounted for?

You know something the rest of the world does not?

I'm sorry, but I can't believe 65% of Americans can be that stupid since OBL took credit for it in Sept 01. I would not have believed it, and I don't recall seeing it, and I WAS paying attention.

I gave you fact

But Gunny I gave you a fox poll which Prooved I told you the truth.

Gunny I was under the impression that you were a fair person who recognized fact when it was given?

First off, polls are about as factual as the agenda of whoever is doing the polling.

Second, you provided an article from the "Daily Texan" that stated "a recent poll."

Third, I asked for facts or evidence. Not polls. I neither use polls as evidence, nor do I accept them.

Blix's statements about the Iraq WMD program came to contradict the claims of the Bush administration, [7] and attracted a great deal of criticism from supporters of the invasion of Iraq. In an interview on BBC TV on 8 February 2004, Dr. Blix accused the U.S. and British governments of dramatising the threat of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, in order to strengthen the case for the 2003 war against the regime of Saddam Hussein.

Newt Gingrich stated that approving Hans Blix as chief U.N. weapons inspector was one of the biggest mistakes ever made.

In an interview with London's Guardian newspaper, Hans Blix said, "I have my detractors in Washington. There are bastards who spread things around, of course, who planted nasty things in the media" [8].

In 2004, Blix published a book, Disarming Iraq, where he gives his account of the events and inspections before the coalition began its invasion.

Ultimately, no stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction were found

from wiki

Blix was the one who turned out to be right.

Over 70 % of america thought they were and to this day a substancial % of Rs still think that.

Support that number with a verifiable source please

remember saying this?

Blix's statements about the Iraq WMD program came to contradict the claims of the Bush administration, [7] and attracted a great deal of criticism from supporters of the invasion of Iraq. In an interview on BBC TV on 8 February 2004, Dr. Blix accused the U.S. and British governments of dramatising the threat of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, in order to strengthen the case for the 2003 war against the regime of Saddam Hussein.

Newt Gingrich stated that approving Hans Blix as chief U.N. weapons inspector was one of the biggest mistakes ever made.

In an interview with London's Guardian newspaper, Hans Blix said, "I have my detractors in Washington. There are bastards who spread things around, of course, who planted nasty things in the media" [8].

In 2004, Blix published a book, Disarming Iraq, where he gives his account of the events and inspections before the coalition began its invasion.

Ultimately, no stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction were found

from wiki

Blix was the one who turned out to be right.

Blix is a one-world-order, politically correct pussy, with the typical European anti-US stance on any and everything.

By all means, believe him.

You lefties like to stand on the irrelevancy of whether or not WMDs were actually found. Does that mean they STILL don't exist? Does that account for the tons of unaccounted for materials?

If I walk into a bank and say I have a bomb and demand a large sum of money, and it later turns out I have no bomb, does that mean I don't get charged with making a terroristic threat? No, it does not by any means. I'm going to be held accountable for what I claimed to have and used as a threat, not what I in actuality did not have, even if it comes to a cop blowing my head off because he thinks I have a bomb I really don't.

Forum List

Back