Muslims try and take over Michigan city

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
This is nuts.

Tension in a Michigan City Over Muslims' Call to Prayer - NYTimes.com

For the population of Hamtramck, a city of 23,000 surrounded by Detroit, the battle of the loudspeaker, which the City Council approved on Tuesday, has revealed a crossfire of religious, ethnic and lifestyle grievances, aggravated by the lingering memories of Sept. 11, 2001, which left many Muslims here feeling they were under suspicion

...''My main objection is simple,'' she said. ''I don't want to be told that Allah is the true and only God five times a day, 365 days a year. It's against my constitutional rights to have to listen to another religion evangelize in my ear.''

At City Hall on Tuesday, before the final vote on the loudspeaker, a crowd of more than 100 crammed into a room, with dozens more listening or arguing in the hallway outside.

Chuck Schultz, 49, a computer programmer from nearby Grosse Point, spoke against the measure.

''Everyone talks about their rights,'' Mr. Schultz said. ''The rights of Christians have been stripped from them. Last week there were Muslims praying downstairs, in a public building. If Christians tried to do that, the A.C.L.U. would shut us down.''

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I wish people stopped whining about the rights and started wanting to embrace their responsibilities. Every right comes with responsibilities. But no one cares about those. They just want theirs and screw everyone else.

I don't disagree that the Rights of Christians have seriously been curtailed while in the Public square. But these rights are given to us by God. The Government is not going to restore them. Only God can. And why would God restore our rights while we forsake our Responsibilities?

Maybe if we start serving the Lord, we will start to see the blessings we want restored to us.

I just noticed that the article is from 2004.

Sorry bout that,

1. It's indeed a sad day for America.
2. No ones watching the walls.
3. We allow thousands of muslims in here day after day.
4. They breed like rats, all on our expense.
5. They sign up for all sorts of hand outs.
6. And breed.
7. Your just too stupid to see the fire from the smoke.:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Another muslim president in America will lead to one world, Gov't then the anti-christ will rear his ugly head.

...''My main objection is simple,'' she said. ''I don't want to be told that Allah is the true and only God five times a day, 365 days a year. It's against my constitutional rights to have to listen to another religion evangelize in my ear.''
[/I]

If it was a city hall, court house, or some government building there would be merit to this. So, this person is full of shit and doesnt understand the constitution.

There is a Church down the street from me that rings it's bells several times a week and has for many years. :doubt:

As if that wasnt bad enough...

ThreeCrosses.jpg

Muslims cannot have a call to prayer but christians can have such a ostentatious display as that? Personally I think both should be able to do both.

why is it Christians feels their rights are being taken away just because Muslims want to outwardly have their call to prayer? when for 100's of years Christians have been able to ring their church bells and have massive crosses on top of churches.

Sorry bout that,

1. It's indeed a sad day for America.
2. No ones watching the walls.
3. We allow thousands of muslims in here day after day.
4. They breed like rats, all on our expense.
5. They sign up for all sorts of hand outs.
6. And breed.

7. Your just too stupid to see the fire from the smoke.:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

where are you getting this from? most Muslim immigrants come to this country to work. many of them come with degrees in engineering,technology and medical fields. many of them are well off financially. and even the ones who are working class do not live off of government funds.

and not all Muslims are immigrants in this country. there are tons of Muslims in this country who were born christian but have converted to Islam.

2004?

Not exactly "Current Events". But I'll bite. Why should the call to prayer not be amplified if the Church next door can have bells?

Personally, I would go the other way and ban any outward sign of religion, i.e. big crosses or statues and loud prayer calls. Religion is a manace, time to dump the fairy tales...:eusa_whistle:

2004?

Not exactly "Current Events". But I'll bite. Why should the call to prayer not be amplified if the Church next door can have bells?

Personally, I would go the other way and ban any outward sign of religion, i.e. big crosses or statues and loud prayer calls. Religion is a manace, time to dump the fairy tales...:eusa_whistle:

I see no reason to deny people their individual fairytales. I'm not religious at all, but God knows I've got my fairytales.

Last edited:
2004?

yeah, that whole first amendment freedom of religion thing is just a suggestion, right?

:cuckoo:

Not to worry, Bill O's War On Christmas time is near. Then the same dweebs will turn on a dime and make up stories about not being able to sing praise to the birth of some Jewish carpenter. They'll bitch about not being able to put up stables on public property. They'll whine about there not being enough religious symbols in Obama's Christmas cards. It's all predictable.

The whole loudspeaker at the crack of dawn crap just ain't cool, just like stupid motorcycles with loud exhausts aren't cool. What you really can't get past though is the culture shock of the event. No amount of 1st amendment talk will get most people past that barrier.

You have a right to practice your religion and speech.

You have no right to be heard,

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I wish people stopped whining about the rights and started wanting to embrace their responsibilities. Every right comes with responsibilities. But no one cares about those. They just want theirs and screw everyone else.

I don't disagree that the Rights of Christians have seriously been curtailed while in the Public square. But these rights are given to us by God. The Government is not going to restore them. Only God can. And why would God restore our rights while we forsake our Responsibilities?

Maybe if we start serving the Lord, we will start to see the blessings we want restored to us.
zzzzzzzzzzzz

Attachments

• $evolution of superation.jpg
    $evolution of superation.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 108

Forum List

Back