Coming Soon to an area near YOU?

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
Well people, here's a preview of what can happen to the rest of the country if our PNAC loving, tea bagging, Libertarian professing, neocon parroting, Dixiecrat, Bluedog Dem friends have their way:

From Newsday, October 6, 2010 Newsday - The Long Island and New York City News Source

TENNESSEE

No fee, no fire protection

Firefighters let a mobile home burn to the ground because the owner didn't pay a $75 fire protection fee, authorities say.

Jeff Vowell, city manager of South Fulton, said Gene Cranick's double-wide trailer near the Kentucky border was allowed to burn last week because he didn't pay. Cranick's son, Timothy, angrily went to the firehouse and punched the chief. He was charged with aggravated assault.

And just as a kicker:

Washington

EPA opposed on controls

The Environmental Protection Agency has run into bipartisan opposition from senators over its plans to cut mercury and other toxic emissions from factory boilers and from heating plants at shopping malls and universities.

The dust-up over a seemingly routine environmental rule shows how political worries about the economy and pressure from industries are leading Congress to try to restrain the EPA.

Clearly Tao is arguing how government is failing the people. So logically the only real solution is that we give the government more power.

Does anyone else find this logic missing something?

How about instead of whining about what the government doesnt do for you, you get up off your butt and actually change something yourself. How about you volunteer as a firefighter? Or develop a cheap way to reduce emissions, thus being able to keep jobs here and employing many others?

I am tired of hearing how it's always someone elses problem. If you think others are going to make you happy, you are seriously mistaken. Only you can do that.

Clearly Tao is arguing how government is failing the people. So logically the only real solution is that we give the government more power.

How about instead of whining about what the government doesnt do for you, you get up off your butt and actually change something yourself. How about you volunteer as a firefighter? Or develop a cheap way to reduce emissions, thus being able to keep jobs here and employing many others?

I am tired of hearing how it's always someone elses problem. If you think others are going to make you happy, you are seriously mistaken. Only you can do that.

Ever notice how those people always have to take down one more business or industry?

They're never satisfied.

• Banned
Those emissions already meet EPA standards.

The rules would kill 800,000 jobs and drive boiler production out of this country.

Nobody outsources jobs overseas more than the EPA.
Nobody looks the other way as like the EPA, when it comes to the federal gubmint's industrial pollution.

Revere can't offer any proof to any of his statements. Can you?

The rules would kill 800,000 jobs and drive boiler production out of this country.

Proof please?

Do we ask libs for proof when they parrot the line that Republicans are for outsourcing jobs?

As I have said time and time again. Jobs chase cheap labor, and Business friendly laws.

The EPA is anything but business friendly, It does not take a rocket scientist to see that their regulations chase Jobs overseas.

Nobody looks the other way as like the EPA, when it comes to the federal gubmint's industrial pollution.

Never heard of Rocky Flats or Oak Ridge, have you?

Clearly Avatar misses the point of the information I posted.

Avatar demonstrates the sheer idiocy of the Libertarian mindset...which is based on the fantasy that the libertarian mouthing this BS is totally self reliant. If that is indeed the case, then let Avatar invent his own telephone and communication system so he can join the internet. Then let Avatar develop his medical facility, his own car, pave his own roads, dig his on well and filtration system, etc., etc. Then, if he hasn't covered all the bases and tragedy befalls him, Avatar can suffer gladly knowing that there is NO organized help via community aggreement coming.

But we all know that is indeed a fantasy. Essentially the libertarian is a selfish person who is content with what they have derived from society's collective efforts, and now wants NOT to share on any level. In order to give their delusion of being some sort of modern Spartan or frontiersman, Avatar puts forth proposals that insinuate that the VICTIM is the cause of his own problems....and then Avatar essentially advocates re-inventing the wheel while avoiding the appearance of any form of gov't (local or otherwise). Assuming one person can be responsible for developing ALL methods of dealing with the problems in the original post....how do they build the machines necessary? How do they install them? Well, that means working with OTHERS to form a system of GOVERNING the development of such resources, then equally distributing the responsibility of maintenance, deployment etc.

But Avatar and his Libertarian lunkheads don't think that far.....their knee jerk revulsion to any form of gov't accountability forces them to demonize and slander a victim of a fire, and avoid criticizing gov't individuals that hold back positive corrections to emissions at schools do to partisanship and lobbyist whims.....so much more to pity him.

Never heard of Rocky Flats or Oak Ridge, have you?

Quit stalling......You and Revere made definitive accusations and allegations. Provide some definitive, detailed proof to your statements, or continue to bluff and bluster like any neocon blowhard.

Proof please?

Do we ask libs for proof when they parrot the line that Republicans are for outsourcing jobs?

Actually, I recently myself posted a thread that presented IN THE WORDS OF A GOP CONGRESSIONAL REP and with referral to a recent vote in the Senate FACTS that the GOP with 4 Dems killed a proposal to stop tax breaks for corporations that outsourced. If you like, I can link it for you. See, "libs" like myself use valid, documented FACTS to back up what we say, so neocon parrots like YOU don't have to ask for proof....just avoid the FACTS, bluff and bluster like you usually do.

As I have said time and time again. Jobs chase cheap labor, and Business friendly laws.

Acutally, OWNERS chase cheap labor and laws that allow them to exploit "cheap" labor so they can sell the resulting product in their own country at a profit that far outweighs the actual cost of production and workers salaries. It's called "outsourcing", genius....and Americans add to the unemployment line because of it.

The EPA is anything but business friendly, It does not take a rocket scientist to see that their regulations chase Jobs overseas.

And please explain how curtailing toxic emissions at schools is chasing jobs overseas?

and now wants NOT to share on any level.

Is it really "sharing" if you have a gun pointed at your face?

Spare me these hysterical teabagging/birther distortions.......by your mindset, ANY law can be interpreted as a "gun pointed at your face". Well, until you can provide a logical, fact based demonstration of what you say regarding the two examples I posted in the opening thread, you're just blowing smoke.

ANY law can be interpreted as a "gun pointed at your face".

It certainly can because it's reality. Please give me a law that will not be enforced in that way.

By the way I'm not a teabagger or birther. I don't vote and I have no dog in the political fight.

Your lame thread is just demonstrating the pitfalls of a legal monopoly over a certain industry (firefighting or environmental protection) not anything to do with tapsacking or whatever hobbies you are into...

Everyone agreed to pay the $75 to have the fire dept put out fires in the the house.

The owner himself understood and wasn't mad at the FF.

The EPA is looking to lower the mercuray emmisions. so they currently do meet emissions.

I have yet to hear of any mercurary issues from any schools, or from anyone working with boilers. Doesn't mean there aren't any, but I was in the Navy for 9 1/2 years, since most ships have boilers and a rate called "Boiler Tech". I think I would have heard something.

Forum List

Back