Mia Love (R) - Utah

I hope she wins just because she sounds like a rational human being.... making rdean's head explode would be a nice bonus though.

Why would Rdean's head explode?

Because she's black?
Because she's married to a white guy?
Because she's smart?
Because she makes sense?
Because she has an (R) after her name?

Let me guess... yes to all the above, right? ;)

Because she's black?
Because she's smart?
Because she makes sense?

Let's just hope she's not a Mormon.

she seems like an extraordinary human being.

What are her stances on the issues?

Extraordinary?

What a very strange word to use. I wonder why someone who appears committed to her family, her district and her state is 'extraordinary'.

No wonder this country is so messed up.... it's 'extraordinary' to be a caring individual.

Her husband himself thought she had some extra ordinary energy.

What are her views on the issues

Because she's black?
Because she's smart?
Because she makes sense?

Her first line in the video says that her first day of college her father gave her advice about not being a burden to society.

My first day of college my father was dead and buried for four years. And I spent my high school years working in various jobs like fish mongering and stocking super market refrigerators. All while trying hard to maintain a decent GPA.

Not all experiences are the same.

Mia Love Running ~For Congress~

Fiscal Discipline
Washington does not have a revenue problem; it has a spending problem. Balancing the budget is only part of the solution. We must cut federal spending to begin to restore America’s economic strength and citizen liberties.

Smaller Government
The United States of America is a federal republic of 50 sovereign states. The federal government must be confined to the enumerated powers granted by the Constitution.

Personal Responsibility
American society must return to valuing and rewarding hard work, independence and personal responsibility. Government dependency on entitlement programs and welfare is a failure.

Jobs
Government does not create jobs, the private sector does. Government simply needs to get out of the way.

Tax Reform
Our taxation system must be made more fair, more simple and more transparent.

Energy
Explore and develop fossil fuel sources responsibly to provide energy and jobs Utah needs, continue to explore alternative energy sources.

Military
Equip our armed forces, and engage only when there is a defined national security objective and with the consent of Congress, not the United Nations.

Illegal Immigration
Protect our borders and remove the magnets. Only after we have plugged the hole in the boat can we begin to deal with the water in it.

Social Security
We must keep the promises made to our seniors to provide for their retirement while we move aggressively to more solvent alternatives.

HealthCare
Government mandated health care goes against free market principles and personal liberties. The more socialized our health care becomes, the fewer choices people have.

Education
Local control is paramount in education. The federal government has proven it cannot produce outcomes better than local decision makers.

Regulation
Excessive government regulation is stifling business growth, profits and innovation, which negatively impacts jobs. We must reign in some regulatory agencies and eliminate others.

Religious Freedom
For far too long we have been nudged from religious freedoms that formed underpinnings of our great nation to religious oppression. We cannot allow this fundamental liberty to continue to be trampled.

Lands
The federal government has too much control over Utah's public lands. We must take action to reasonably and responsibly access this land for recreation, jobs, energy and public education funding.

2nd amendment
Our right to bear arms is fundamental to American liberty and must not be infringed.

Because she's black?
Because she's smart?
Because she makes sense?

Her first line in the video says that her first day of college her father gave her advice about not being a burden to society.

My first day of college my father was dead and buried for four years. And I spent my high school years working in various jobs like fish mongering and stocking super market refrigerators. All while trying hard to maintain a decent GPA.

So, because you're dad was dead, you are allowed to be a burden on society? Is that what you're saying? If not, what the fuck is your point - other than to point out the fucking obvious.

Oh my mistake you were more interested in exploding rdean head.

she seems pretty nice as a person.

I hope she evolves into a republican like we used to see, you know ones who used to put country over party.

probably just more of the same.

Because she's black?
Because she's smart?
Because she makes sense?

essentially the same here. My dad died in 1980, I graduated HS in 1982. He never told me not to be a burden to society... he SHOWED me how not to be.

Not sure what that all has to do with my comments about what might set Rdean off, but whatever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back