Zone1 Maybe we need a Booker T. Washington day.

This great man who was born into slavery, rose above it and provided education countless thousands of other former Black slaves and Black Americans so that they could lead successful lives. I'm all for a Booker T Washington Day, I see no reason why he should not be honored.
Make it a Black Monday?

This great man who was born into slavery, rose above it and provided education countless thousands of other former Black slaves and Black Americans so that they could lead successful lives. I'm all for a Booker T Washington Day, I see no reason why he should not be honored.

Maybe we can build statues to replace those Robert E Lee statues

Why do you want to erase our history? It is what it is, good and bad.

Booker T Washington IS an American hero
He deserves statues in Southern States more than Lee

Lee’s history of abandoning his country to fight for slavery Shoukd not be ignored

Booker T Washington IS an American hero
He deserves statues in Southern States more than Lee

Lee’s history of abandoning his country to fight for slavery Shoukd not be ignored
But you just advocated to "ignore" Robert E Lee by taking down his statues. Lee was a great man thrust into a terrible situation. That is why FDR honored him with one of many statues made in his honor.

But you just advocated to "ignore" Robert E Lee by taking down his statues. Lee was a great man thrust into a terrible situation. That is why FDR honored him with one of many statues made in his honor.

No way should we ignore Lee
Children should learn he abandoned his country to fight for slavery

Statues of Confederate “heroes” should be replaced with statues honoring the slaves and those who fought to free them

No way should we ignore Lee
Children should learn he abandoned his country to fight for slavery

Statues of Confederate “heroes” should be replaced with statues honoring the slaves and those who fought to free them
I disagree. So what do you think of Booker T Washington day? Or did you just show up to try and derail my thread?

I'm old enough to remember Booker T. They didn't look very black to me.

Forum List

Back