Zone1 What is the formula for black reparations?

BidenBeHiden

Jan 29, 2024
There's a lot of people discussing reparations on here, but I'd like to get down to how the exact dollar amount of reparations would be formulated and the logistics of distributing that money. Should all black people receive reparations equally? Should there be exceptions to which black people receive reparations? And should certain black people be prioritized to receive reparations? How can we build off of the closest examples to reparations, such as all the donations BLM received?

Would a percentage based strategy work? For any given black person, their white counterpart must be X% more successful. Let's explore an equal distribution model with no exclusions. For example, some black warehouse workers will make X% of their 60K salary. Black NFL and NBA players will also earn X% of their multi-million dollar contracts. Black CEOs will receive X% of their multi-million dollar salaries. Does such a model seem reasonable?

Some of those examples seem absurd, which is where exclusions come in. Should reparations only apply to black people in poverty or should it be capped at $100K/year earners? Should reparations only apply to black people with a proven lineage of slavery? Should self hating or "Uncle Tom" blacks be excluded? The resident forum expert on reparations and self-hating blacks is IM2, so perhaps a person like him can be appointed to determine who those anti-black blacks are?

That brings me to my next point about prioritizing reparation payments. Should proven victims of hate crimes be prioritized? Should certain black people receive more reparations? I mean if a black person has been fighting for reparations for years, it makes sense that those black people would receive more money since they're the reason reparations would be effectuated. Some key example would be black politicians, civil rights leaders such as Al Sharpton and people like IM2 on this forum. The reparations detractors, such as Candace Owens, really have a negative balance when it comes to establishing reparations, so they, themselves, should have to pay reparations to other black people.

I think it would be a good idea for black people to promote personal reparation accounts on this forum while they're patiently waiting for their reparations. Whether than be in the form of a GoFundMe campaign or a link to an electronic payment account (such as Paypal). I know IM2 is around here somewhere, where's that Paypal link buddy? People should be able to thank you for all the good work you've been doing!

Instead of doing all the heavy lifting to get reparations operational from scratch, let's look at some examples and build off of those. BLM is a great example because they received hundreds of millions of dollars from white controlled businesses. And black people chanting the phrase "Black Lives Matter" really shows how the BLM organization a representative of black people. Perhaps all the reparation funds should go to organizations such as BLM and NAACP and they will distribute the funds wisely.

In summary, we should be thinking about all the steps involved with making reparations a reality instead of being focused on superficial calls for reparations.

Because blacks will and have done the necessary study to propose a path for reparations without whiteys input.

"...I've already PERSONALLY helped you out. I see that you've been on this forum for nearly 9 years and have 74K messages. However, you have no donation amount next to your name. I know that you're patiently waiting for reparations and can't afford any donations, so I've donated in your stead! Hover over my avatar to see for yourself. Donations keep this forum running, and without it, where would you post about reparations? I believe that I'm owed an apology and a thank you. I've already thanked you for your great work on racial relations, so it's only fair to be reciprocal."

Last edited:
And as one last "wildcard" recommendation, I think reparations could be turned into a gameshow. America has turned pretty much everything into TV show, so why not reparations? Black people can come on a 'Wheel of Fortune' themed show and spin a wheel to win BIG reparations money! There will also be a documentary side of it in which the black contestants share their current lives and discuss how they're going to spend the money. White people can see black people getting their money and feel good about it! Most of all, it will be great fun for everyone involved!

The first qualifier would have to be a DNA test proving AMERICAN BLACK SLAVE Heritage. Otherwise all of those Africans who have been pouring into our country would be getting reparations checks and countless millions more Africans would be packing their bags to come collect their money.

Here we go with another white person creating a thread about reparations with their suggestions on what blacks need to do. Did you have this idea for Japanese or Native American reparations? If not, ask for this thread to be closed. Because blacks will and have done the necessary study to propose a path for reparations without whiteys input.

Congress needs to start the ball rolling with something that won't cause Republicans to get hysterical, there are all kinds of things this country can do to start the process that do not immediately involve any supposed "payments", such as tax breaks, for instance. I'm sure those who have committed their time and energy to studying this can come up with a wide range of things that can happen that are not even controversial.

Republicans will still lose this minds, of course, but let them while the work gets started.

There's a lot of people discussing reparations on here, but I'd like to get down to how the exact dollar amount of reparations would be formulated and the logistics of distributing that money. Should all black people receive reparations equally? Should there be exceptions to which black people receive reparations? And should certain black people be prioritized to receive reparations? How can we build off of the closest examples to reparations, such as all the donations BLM received?

Would a percentage based strategy work? For any given black person, their white counterpart must be X% more successful. Let's explore an equal distribution model with no exclusions. For example, some black warehouse workers will make X% of their 60K salary. Black NFL and NBA players will also earn X% of their multi-million dollar contracts. Black CEOs will receive X% of their multi-million dollar salaries. Does such a model seem reasonable?

Some of those examples seem absurd, which is where exclusions come in. Should reparations only apply to black people in poverty or should it be capped at $100K/year earners? Should reparations only apply to black people with a proven lineage of slavery? Should self hating or "Uncle Tom" blacks be excluded? The resident forum expert on reparations and self-hating blacks is IM2, so perhaps a person like him can be appointed to determine who those anti-black blacks are?

That brings me to my next point about prioritizing reparation payments. Should proven victims of hate crimes be prioritized? Should certain black people receive more reparations? I mean if a black person has been fighting for reparations for years, it makes sense that those black people would receive more money since they're the reason reparations would be effectuated. Some key example would be black politicians, civil rights leaders such as Al Sharpton and people like IM2 on this forum. The reparations detractors, such as Candace Owens, really have a negative balance when it comes to establishing reparations, so they, themselves, should have to pay reparations to other black people.

I think it would be a good idea for black people to promote personal reparation accounts on this forum while they're patiently waiting for their reparations. Whether than be in the form of a GoFundMe campaign or a link to an electronic payment account (such as Paypal). I know IM2 is around here somewhere, where's that Paypal link buddy? People should be able to thank you for all the good work you've been doing!

Instead of doing all the heavy lifting to get reparations operational from scratch, let's look at some examples and build off of those. BLM is a great example because they received hundreds of millions of dollars from white controlled businesses. And black people chanting the phrase "Black Lives Matter" really shows how the BLM organization a representative of black people. Perhaps all the reparation funds should go to organizations such as BLM and NAACP and they will distribute the funds wisely.

In summary, we should be thinking about all the steps involved with making reparations a reality instead of being focused on superficial calls for reparations.
all reparations should be voluntary....let all the libs pay....lololol

Here we go with another white person creating a thread about reparations with their suggestions on what blacks need to do. Did you have this idea for Japanese or Native American reparations? If not, ask for this thread to be closed. Because blacks will and have done the necessary study to propose a path for reparations without whiteys input.
What's with the hostility? I was literally proposing black representation to handle distributions. And yes, I had the same idea for other ethnic groups too. I think establishing reparations for them is a discussion that needs to be had and should be structured in the same way as the OP. There's also the issue of which ethnic group should prioritized first. Perhaps Native Americans since they were the first to be affected by White Colonizers? And I find "whiteys" to be quite disparaging and racist, especially when it's directed towards a person trying to help you. This is 'Zone 1', you should you should refrain from that language in the future.

No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters.

And I've already PERSONALLY helped you out. I see that you've been on this forum for nearly 9 years and have 74K messages. However, you have no donation amount next to your name. I know that you're patiently waiting for reparations and can't afford any donations, so I've donated in your stead! Hover over my avatar to see for yourself. Donations keep this forum running, and without it, where would you post about reparations? I believe that I'm owed an apology and a thank you. I've already thanked you for your great work on racial relations, so it's only fair to be reciprocal.

Last edited:
Congress needs to start the ball rolling with something that won't cause Republicans to get hysterical, there are all kinds of things this country can do to start the process that do not immediately involve any supposed "payments", such as tax breaks, for instance. I'm sure those who have committed their time and energy to studying this can come up with a wide range of things that can happen that are not even controversial.

Republicans will still lose this minds, of course, but let them while the work gets started.
what about the 10 trillion we spent for the great society.....lolol

you liberals can only run gay bars and kinky fantasy clubs successfully

The first qualifier would have to be a DNA test proving AMERICAN BLACK SLAVE Heritage. Otherwise all of those Africans who have been pouring into our country would be getting reparations checks and countless millions more Africans would be packing their bags to come collect their money.
Whites Should Sue Africa for Selling Us Defective Merchandise

all reparations should be voluntary....let all the libs pay....lololol
No, the governments created the policies that caused the problems, and it will be the governments of this country who will be held liable for the [payments. Now stop pretending that blacks are the first and only people to ever ask the American government for reparations.

“Racial inequality in the United States today may, ultimately, be based on slavery, but it is also based on the failure of the country to take effective steps since slavery to undermine the structural racial inequality that slavery put in place. From the latter part of the nineteenth century through the first half of the twentieth century, the Jim Crow system continued to keep Blacks “in their place,” and even during and after the civil rights era no policies were adopted to dismantle the racial hierarchy that already existed.”
-Jonathan Kaplan and Andrew Valls

What's with the hostility? I was literally proposing black representation to handle distributions. And yes, I had the same idea for other ethnic groups too. I think establishing reparations for them is a discussion that needs to be had and should be structured in the same way as the OP. There's also the issue of which ethnic group should prioritized first. Perhaps Native Americans since they were the first to be affected by White Colonizers? And I find "whiteys" to be quite disparaging and racist, especially when it's directed towards a person trying to help you. This is 'Zone 1', you should you should refrain from that language in the future.

No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters.

And I've already PERSONALLY helped you out. I see that you've been on this forum for nearly 9 years and have 74K messages. However, you have no donation amount next to your name. I know that you're patiently waiting for reparations and can't afford any donations, so I've donated in your stead! Hover over my avatar to see for yourself. Donations keep this forum running, and without it, where would you post about reparations? I believe that I'm owed an apology and a thank you. I've already thanked you for your great work on racial relations, so it's only fair to be reciprocal.
To determine the amount, we can use reparations paid to Japanese Americans put in internment camps, or Holocaust survivors who suffered through concentration camps and lost their families and homes - and then compare that to TODAY’s blacks, estimating “degrees of suffering” by comparison, and subtracting out the benefits they have gotten via affirmative action for the last 45 years.

To get the ball rolling, let’s recall that Holocaust survivors were paid $290 a month, and Japanese Americans in internment camps got a flat $20k. In today‘s dollars, that would be $750 a month for the Jews and $50k for the Japanese.

1) Compared to Holocaust survivors, blacks today have suffered no more than 10%. (Hard to quantity how it feels to be starved half to death, havr your spouse and children ripped from you and sent to gas chambers, and then suffer through it all to come home to….no home.)
Thus, payment would be $75/month.

2) Being in an internment camp is pretty bad, too, but nowhere near what the Holocaust survivors suffered - many maimed for life. So let’s just say being black today - free to move wherever you want, pursue whatever career you’re capable of, etc. - is 25% as bad as being put in a Japanese American detention facility. So that would mean a flat $12,500.

Blacks could choose either $75/month for life, or a flat $12,500.

"...I've already PERSONALLY helped you out. I see that you've been on this forum for nearly 9 years and have 74K messages. However, you have no donation amount next to your name. I know that you're patiently waiting for reparations and can't afford any donations, so I've donated in your stead! Hover over my avatar to see for yourself. Donations keep this forum running, and without it, where would you post about reparations? I believe that I'm owed an apology and a thank you. I've already thanked you for your great work on racial relations, so it's only fair to be reciprocal."
Formula:
You own it
They take it.
Forever.

You don't speak for me white boy.
I wasn't speaking for you, I was speaking about you based on reading your threads and responses on TBD. I am confident that I'm right, for you it will never be enough.

When a Democratic House and Senate and Executive get around to handing out reparations (and they will), hopefully they will have the decency to exclude any person that has been convicted of a violent crime.

Forum List

Back