Can we just stop the “X formerly known as Twitter” nonsense?

SpaceX boss Elon Musk was delighted with the outcome of the flight, too.

He posted on X, formerly Twitter, that "Starship will take humanity to Mars".
:auiqs.jpg:

Even Musk can’t just call his platform X
He lacks the confidence to leave out…..formerly known as Twitter

:auiqs.jpg:

Even Musk can’t just call his platform X
He lacks the confidence to leave out…..formerly known as Twitter
Many companies that are bought get renamed. Here in the UK, delivery company Hermes is now Evri. Even when companies don't get taken over, some still change name, for example, Blue Ribbon Sports is now called Nike.

Why Musk clings onto the Twitter name is bizarre, but he's a strange bloke anyhow.

Many companies that are bought get renamed. Here in the UK, delivery company Hermes is now Evri. Even when companies don't get taken over, some still change name, for example, Blue Ribbon Sports is now called Nike.

Why Musk clings onto the Twitter name is bizarre, but he's a strange bloke anyhow.
I have seen many companies change names and there is a short transition period where they remind customers of their new name.

Who does Musk think he is? Prince?
The company formerly known as…

I have seen many companies change names and there is a short transition period where they remind customers of their new name.

Who does Musk think he is? Prince?
The company formerly known as…
Personally, he wasted a lot of money on Twitter, but there again, I don't know the tax side of things in the US. It'll be complicated, but I'm sure there will be a tax benefit.

Would it have cost him $44bn to set up a rival to Twitter? Then Twitter could have been left as the Lefty cesspool that it was and grind itself into the ground.

Forum List

Back