Can we just stop the “X formerly known as Twitter” nonsense?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
You are a major corporation and make the decision to formally change your name.
I don’t like the name Twitter……Let’s call it X

Whose responsibility is it to get the word out on your new name?
Why, after over six months is the press still pandering Elon Musk by making sure that when they say X, people know this used to be Twitter?

If you change your name, it is up to you for people to know who you are. If they don’t, it is your own damned fault.

until Sunday, when it posted the photo of Kate and her children, purportedly taken by Prince William, to its account on X, formerly known as Twitter,

Why, after over six months is the press still pandering Elon Musk by making sure that when they say X, people know this used to be Twitter?

If you change your name, it is up to you for people to know who you are. If they don’t, it is your own damned fault.

until Sunday, when it posted the photo of Kate and her children, purportedly taken by Prince William, to its account on X, formerly known as Twitter,

Is he making people say "X, formerly know as twitter" or are people just saying that currently?

Is he making people say "X, formerly know as twitter" or are people just saying that currently?
I think Musk should have left the name alone

That was a bad business decision

“X” makes even less sense to me than “twitter” did

However I guess it has to be called something

But if libs dont like it just dont go there

The website and all links are still twitter.com

I have never used Twitter and never plan to.

The media always seem to parrot the same thing. I remember when FOX stopped calling them "suicide bombers" and started calling them "homicide bombers" (went over like New Coke), someone please alert the media that everyone has heard of "X" and if you have not then who really cares?

I think Musk should have left the name alone

That was a bad business decision

“X” makes even less sense to me than “twitter” did

However I guess it has to be called something

But if libs dont like it just dont go there

What Musk did was put Twitter on par with Truth Social as a new social platform.

He threw out his corporate identity

It was his decision

Just call it X, if after six months people still don’t know what you are talking about, let Musk pay the price
Libs are musk haters and I’m not

Yet libs are far more worried about the name change than I am

Why is it the Left wants to replace words they don't like with an X, like X-mas?

I think we should instead start calling you X man and refuse to call you by your name.

Twitter, with a little birdie mascot was a cute name

Maybe by going with X, Musk wanted a more badass cutting edge name.
But there is nothing new in the X platform, no new functions, doesn’t appeal to a new market.
Especially when they have to remind people they used to be Twitter

Why is it the Left wants to replace words they don't like with an X, like X-mas?

I think we should instead start calling you X man and refuse to call you by your name.

Do you mean “The Holiday formerly known as Christmas”?

1710424606992.jpeg

Racer X

If we can outlaw TicToc, then we can outlaw X ... both collect personal data on you and sell it to the communist Chinese ...

If the product is offered for free ... then YOU are the product ...

Forum List

Back