Massive Genetic Study Shows 90% of All Animal Life Including Humans Appeared at the Same Time

99% of earths species are extinct.
I dont see how this is earth shattering :rolleyes:
Uh, no.
Obviously the point of the study flew over your head.
what was the point
Just what it said. 90% of all animals appeared at the same time not that long ago.
So what do you think that means?
Evolution says mice, men, elephants and kangaroos did not appear at the same time.

"The conclusion is very surprising," one of the researchers said, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."

Actually evolution says no such thing.

While it is unlikely that they all appeared at the same time- evolution- as a theory- takes no such position.

The Evolution deniers are really just science deniers. The OP is a classic example.

He cites a scientific article and then convolutes it around to pretending it supports his own bias.

But he ignores everything in the article that he doesn't agree with- like this:
Such times give rise to sweeping genetic changes across the planet, causing new species to appear. However, the last time such an occurrence took place was 65 million years ago, when an asteroid hit the Earth and killed off the dinosaurs and half of all other species on the planet.

The Evolution deniers are really just science deniers. The OP is a classic example.

He cites a scientific article and then convolutes it around to pretending it supports his own bias.

Such times give rise to sweeping genetic changes across the planet, causing new species to appear. However, the last time such an occurrence took place was 65 million years ago, when an asteroid hit the Earth and killed off the dinosaurs and half of all other species on the planet.

Many will take bits and pieces to support their theory of how life was created...

If the op'er would do the math when asking to name three animals older than the 200k period, well then they would know that 10k of the species are older...

Now did the scientists release the name of those 10k that are older?

If so then that answer that question...

Once Humans thought the Earth was flat and the Center of the Universe and now we know our planet is small and unique that flows through the outter limits of the Universe which mean we are infants in the reality of the Universe or time eye...

Personally I do not know if there was a creator but what I do know is we are just infants in our knowledge while pretending we know the answers and then discover we got it all wrong...

"In analyzing the COI of 100,000 species, Stoeckle and Thaler arrived at the conclusion that most animals appeared simultaneously. They found that the neutral mutation across species were not as varied as expected. Neutral mutation refers to the slight DNA changes that occur across generations. They can be compared to tree rings because they can tell how old a certain specie or individual is.

As to how that could have happened, it's unclear. A likely possibility is the occurrence of a sudden event that caused large-scale environmental trauma and wiped out majority of the Earth's species."

Next they'll tell us something crazy like every culture has a flood story.

From what you posted 10k of the species did mutate then...

How did I come to that conclusion?

Simple 90% of 100k is 90k so that leave 10k that mutated, so can you explain where they came from and why they survived so long?
Never in the history of biology has science ever seen a mutation that is beneficial to the host..

Not ever....lol

4 beneficial evolutionary mutations that humans are undergoing right now

All humans have a gene for a protein called Apolipoprotein AI, which is part of the system that transports cholesterol through the bloodstream. Apo-AI is one of the HDLs, already known to be beneficial because they remove cholesterol from artery walls. But a small community in Italy is known to have a mutant version of this protein, named Apolipoprotein AI-Milano, or Apo-AIM for short. Apo-AIM is even more effective than Apo-AI at removing cholesterol from cells and dissolving arterial plaques, and additionally functions as an antioxidant, preventing some of the damage from inflammation that normally occurs in arteriosclerosis. People with the Apo-AIM gene have significantly lower levels of risk than the general population for heart attack and stroke, and pharmaceutical companies are looking into marketing an artificial version of the protein as a cardioprotective drug.

Many will take bits and pieces to support their theory of how life was created...

If the op'er would do the math when asking to name three animals older than the 200k period, well then they would know that 10k of the species are older...

Now did the scientists release the name of those 10k that are older?

If so then that answer that question...

Once Humans thought the Earth was flat and the Center of the Universe and now we know our planet is small and unique that flows through the outter limits of the Universe which mean we are infants in the reality of the Universe or time eye...

Personally I do not know if there was a creator but what I do know is we are just infants in our knowledge while pretending we know the answers and then discover we got it all wrong...
The wonderful thing about science is that science doesn't pretend to know all of the answers.

The Theory of Evolution is just the theory that best fits the evidence we have- if we come across evidence which disproves the Theory of Evolution and supports some other Theory- science says- take the better theory.

Faith says that everything you need to know about the world is in a holy book. Science says there will always be more to discover.

Next thing they'll try to tell us is that every culture has a tale of a massive flood.

Massive Genetic Study Reveals 90 Percent Of Earth’s Animals Appeared At The Same Time.

No, more likely they will tell you that there is not enough water on the planet to completely cover it with water.

The fact that 90% of the species appeared around the same time does not disprove the Theory of Evolution. There have been, according to scientists, several massive die-offs in our planet's history. After such die-offs, there is a huge surge in species because of the lack of competition. For example, during the last Ice Age, as the ice receded, there was more food for herbivores. They were fruitful and multiplied. Whatever mutations occurred happened then. There were niches that allowed animals to thrive because of a lack of competition. And consequently, predators followed suit.

Evolutionary scientists have always said that it was very likely that the evolution of species was not steady, but had times of bursts and times of less. This is shown in the fossil record and now in this DNA study.

Try answering them, weatherman... one by one. Yes/no answers. You'll chicken out.:

You do understand.that he is only talking about extant species.... right?

You do understand that many other species have lived on this planet .... right?

You do understand that the number of species alive today represents about 0.1% of the species which have ever lived... right?
You have no idea what an animal is, do you?

Call me when you can name 3 animals that lived 400k years ago.

I can give you one that was thought to be extinct over 65 million years ago. And, there are 2 known species of that particular fish.

Smithsonian Institution - The Coelacanth: More Living than Fossil

Coelacanths (seel-a-canths) were once known only from fossils and were thought to have gone extinct approximately 65 million years ago (mya), during the great extinction in which the dinosaurs disappeared. The most recent fossil record dates from about 80 mya but the earliest records date back as far as approximately 360 mya. At one time coelacanths were a large group comprising about 90 valid species that were distributed worldwide in both marine and freshwaters. Today, there are two known living species.

AN UNEXPECTED DISCOVERY

The first living coelacanth was discovered in 1938 and bears the scientific name Latimeria chalumnae. The species was described by Professor J.L.B. Smith in 1939 and was named after its discoverer, Miss Marjorie Courtenay-Latimer. Although Latimeria is a genus distinct from the fossil forms, all coelacanths share numerous features and are easily recognized by their distinctive shape and lobed fins. For many years, living coelacanths were known only from the western Indian Ocean, primarily from the Comoros Islands, but in September 1997 and again in July 1998, coelacanths were captured in northern Sulawesi, Indonesia, nearly 6,000 miles to the east of the Comoros. The Indonesian discovery was made by Mark V. Erdmann, then a doctoral student from UC Berkeley studying coral reef ecology in Indonesia. Although the Indonesian specimens superficially resemble those in the western Indian Ocean, analyses of DNA from tissue samples from one of the Indonesian specimens revealed significant genetic differentiation from the Indian Ocean population. The authors of two studies have suggested that the two populations have been separated for at least several millions of years. The Indonesian form was described as a new species, Latimeria menadoensis, in April 1999, by L. Pouyard and several Indonesian colleagues.

Uh, no.
what was the point
Just what it said. 90% of all animals appeared at the same time not that long ago.
Evolution says mice, men, elephants and kangaroos did not appear at the same time.

"The conclusion is very surprising," one of the researchers said, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."

"Evolution" said that?

Who is "Evolution"?
"Evolution" said that?

Who is "Evolution"?

So now you have to play the moron because you can’t address the OP.

I’ve seen 5 year olds with better debate skills than you.

Uh, no.

:lol:

No, the point of the study flew over your head, not his.

This has been explained to you repeatedly, but you're not intellectually honest enoigh to admit it.

The study found that 90% of the species alive today came into existence at around the same time. It did not say that 90% of animals that have ever existed did so.
So tell us how mice, men, elephants, kangaroos and hippopotamuses appeared at the same time, Einstein.

What?

You appear to be moving the goalposts.
A thread about 90% of animals appearing at the same time and he thinks asking how 90% of animals appeared at the same time is moving the goal posts.

It’s because you can’t answer the basic fundamental issue of the OP so you need to play stupid.

Uh, no.
what was the point

Why would you even use this report though? You think men were riding on dinosaurs and dragons.
Does using stupid strawman points make you feel better?

Watching you morons dance and squirm is hilarious.

what was the point

"Evolution" said that?

Who is "Evolution"?
"Evolution" said that?

Who is "Evolution"?

So now you have to play the moron because you can’t address the OP.

I’ve seen 5 year olds with better debate skills than you.

Uh, no.

No, the point of the study flew over your head, not his.

This has been explained to you repeatedly, but you're not intellectually honest enoigh to admit it.

The study found that 90% of the species alive today came into existence at around the same time. It did not say that 90% of animals that have ever existed did so.
So tell us how mice, men, elephants, kangaroos and hippopotamuses appeared at the same time, Einstein.

What?

A thread about 90% of animals appearing at the same time and he thinks asking how 90% of animals appeared at the same time is moving the goal posts.

It’s because you can’t answer the basic fundamental issue of the OP so you need to play stupid.

You're really not in any position to be calling anyone else names, fuckwit.

But by all means, continue digging your hole. It's quite a lot of fun to watch.

According to guys in white lab coats 90% of animal life occurred just 100-200k years ago.
Not really..

You don't get this at all, do you?
As an English speaking author I am known to be able to grasp the language now and then.

Massive Genetic Study Reveals 90 Percent Of Earth’s Animals Appeared At The Same Time.

If you want we can break the sentence down.
Ah, I get it. You didn't read anything but the title.

You gutta read the whole thing mang. It doesn't say what you think it does.

According to guys in white lab coats 90% of animal life occurred just 100-200k years ago.
Not really..

You don't get this at all, do you?
As an English speaking author I am known to be able to grasp the language now and then.

If you want we can break the sentence down.
Ah, I get it. You didn't read anything but the title.

You gutta read the whole thing mang. It doesn't say what you think it does.

Shhhhhh!

Stop ruining all the fun.

Try answering them, weatherman... one by one. Yes/no answers. You'll chicken out.:

You do understand.that he is only talking about extant species.... right?

You do understand that many other species have lived on this planet .... right?

You do understand that the number of species alive today represents about 0.1% of the species which have ever lived... right?
You have no idea what an animal is, do you?

Call me when you can name 3 animals that lived 400k years ago.
You. Humans were around 400,000 years ago.

Scientists sequence DNA of 400,000 year old ancient human

Forum List

Back