Massive Genetic Study Shows 90% of All Animal Life Including Humans Appeared at the Same Time

Next thing they'll try to tell us is that every culture has a tale of a massive flood.

Massive Genetic Study Reveals 90 Percent Of Earth’s Animals Appeared At The Same Time.

Eh,... not so sure about "dating" mitochondrial DNA to TOTAL genetic evolution. It's very good and interesting that they found M-DNA to be more "stable" over time then chromosomal DNA. But I'm doubting the "dating" thing.

1-farfromspeci.jpg

From --- Far from special: Humanity's tiny DNA differences are 'average' in animal kingdom

I'd have to read more to fully comprehend how they ended up with time scale. Seems to me, an alternate explanation is that M-DNA just is not subject to mutation aging that they suspect. Could be MUCH harder to mutate because of simpler coding. And MOST mutations just cause death or dead ends in evolution..

Next thing they'll try to tell us is that every culture has a tale of a massive flood.

Massive Genetic Study Reveals 90 Percent Of Earth’s Animals Appeared At The Same Time.

Eh,... not so sure about "dating" mitochondrial DNA to TOTAL genetic evolution. It's very good and interesting that they found M-DNA to be more "stable" over time then chromosomal DNA. But I'm doubting the "dating" thing.

1-farfromspeci.jpg

From --- Far from special: Humanity's tiny DNA differences are 'average' in animal kingdom

I'd have to read more to fully comprehend how they ended up with time scale. Seems to me, an alternate explanation is that M-DNA just is not subject to mutation aging that they suspect. Could be MUCH harder to mutate because of simpler coding. And MOST mutations just cause death or dead ends in evolution..
I mentioned earlier as we learn more the dating will be modified. 10 thousand years would be more accurate for the global flood that would account for humans and animals to suddenly appear all at once.

Last edited:

1-farfromspeci.jpg

I mentioned earlier as we learn more the dating will be modified. 10 thousand years would be more accurate for the global flood that would account for humans and animals to suddenly appear all at once.

Dating them back 10,000 might not even begin to be accurate. Because the MOST LIKELY enviro stress was the LAST GLACIAL PERIOD -- which ENDED about 10,000 years ago. BUT --- there very LIKELY could have been a species "drought" for the 50,000 years PRIOR to that date.Because all that was in the DEPTHS of the Glacial period.

I'll stick with the EVIDENCED time-line and the possibilities. It just makes this all this easier to depend on SCIENCE -- all the time -- not just when it when it seems to validate biblical time lines.

co2tempvostok1.gif

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GT

1-farfromspeci.jpg

Dating them back 10,000 might not even begin to be accurate. Because the MOST LIKELY enviro stress was the LAST GLACIAL PERIOD -- which ENDED about 10,000 years ago. BUT --- there very LIKELY could have been a species "drought" for the 50,000 years PRIOR to that date.Because all that was in the DEPTHS of the Glacial period.

I'll stick with the EVIDENCED time-line and the possibilities. It just makes this all this easier to depend on SCIENCE -- all the time -- not just when it when it seems to validate biblical time lines.
Everything we learn only adds to the validity of what the Bible says. From the old beliefs time had no ending to humans and apes evolved millions of years apart. I just prefer to read the end of the book first.

1-farfromspeci.jpg

Everything we learn only adds to the validity of what the Bible says. From the old beliefs time had no ending to humans and apes evolved millions of years apart. I just prefer to read the end of the book first.

I expect that the Biblical version of stuff conflicts LESS with science than most people think. Like the general ordering in Genesis. But -- it's not an ACCURATE and detailed accounting of how ANYTHING works. The Bible is an instrument of faith. That's OK. It's not an encyclopedia of scientific knowledge. That's for another one of those Bible vs Science threads actually..

HERE -- you have interesting new knowledge that MIGHT explain why a lot of missing links SHOULD be missing. Maybe it does --- maybe it doesn't. Don't know yet.

1-farfromspeci.jpg

I expect that the Biblical version of stuff conflicts LESS with science than most people think. Like the general ordering in Genesis. But -- it's not an ACCURATE and detailed accounting of how ANYTHING works. The Bible is an instrument of faith. That's OK. It's not an encyclopedia of scientific knowledge. That's for another one of those Bible vs Science threads actually..

HERE -- you have interesting new knowledge that MIGHT explain why a lot of missing links SHOULD be missing. Maybe it does --- maybe it doesn't. Don't know yet.
The intent of the Bible is redemption of man with God, not a science book. But what it does tell us in the scientific realm we learn time and time again that it likely occurred.

what was the point
Just what it said. 90% of all animals appeared at the same time not that long ago.
So what do you think that means?
Evolution says mice, men, elephants and kangaroos did not appear at the same time.

"The conclusion is very surprising," one of the researchers said, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."
Why would you even use this report though? You think men were riding on dinosaurs and dragons.
Does using stupid strawman points make you feel better?

Watching you morons dance and squirm is hilarious.
You think the world is 6 fucking thousand years old. That isnt a strawman. That is your belief. And you go and stroll along using an article that contradicts your own beliefs. But its good enough to slap some people around? LOL
What a fucking joke.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GT

1-farfromspeci.jpg

Thats older than the Jew calendar. BLASPHEMY!!!

Just what it said. 90% of all animals appeared at the same time not that long ago.
Evolution says mice, men, elephants and kangaroos did not appear at the same time.

"The conclusion is very surprising," one of the researchers said, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."
Why would you even use this report though? You think men were riding on dinosaurs and dragons.
Does using stupid strawman points make you feel better?

Watching you morons dance and squirm is hilarious.
You think the world is 6 fucking thousand years old. That isnt a strawman. That is your belief. And you go and stroll along using an article that contradicts your own beliefs. But its good enough to slap some people around? LOL
What a fucking joke.
So man appearing at the same time as apes means what to you?

If anyone would car eto read the artcle in full....

All that it says is that some cataclysmic event occured that wiped out many species and caused almost all the surviving species to go thru a sudden genetic change.

They do not know what that event was.

It does not say, or imply, that most of the current species had no predecessors that existed before this event. They did not appear out of thin air.

All that it says is that some cataclysmic event occured that wiped out many species and caused almost all the surviving species to go thru a sudden genetic change.

It does not say, or imply, that most of the current species had no predecessors that existed before this event. They did not appear out of thin air.

Like I said at the beginning of the thread, this could have happened because of the extinction level event when a meteor hit the Yucatan peninsula.

Like I said at the beginning of the thread, this could have happened because of the extinction level event when a meteor hit the Yucatan peninsula.
Yucatan was not an event that took place 100,000 years ago

The oldest DNA recorded outside of a permafrost area has been dated to 400,000 years. Assorted apes and hominids have been confirmed to have been existed a couple of million years ago. The vast majority of DNA has degraded after 6,000 years. Fossils of dinosaurs and ancient insects and marine animals are dated by using two methods, carbon dating and radiometric dating. Our planet was awash in animal life and had gone through multiple mass extinctions, millions of years before man, as we know him, walked about.

The oldest DNA recorded outside of a permafrost area has been dated to 400,000 years. Assorted apes and hominids have been confirmed to have been existed a couple of million years ago. The vast majority of DNA has degraded after 6,000 years. Fossils of dinosaurs and ancient insects and marine animals are dated by using two methods, carbon dating and radiometric dating. Our planet was awash in animal life and had gone through multiple mass extinctions, millions of years before man, as we know him, walked about.
Half the bonds of DNA are gone after 521 years in the most ideal conditions.

'Jurassic Park' May Be Impossible, But Dino DNA Lasts Longer Than Thought

Based on this study, Bunce and his team put DNA's half-life at 521 years, meaning half of the DNA bonds would be broken down 521 years after death, and half of the remaining bonds would be decayed another 521 years after that, and so on. This rate is 400 times slower than simulation experiments predicted, the researchers said, and it would mean that under ideal conditions, all the DNA bonds would be completely destroyed in bone after about 6.8 million years.

"If the decay rate is accurate then we predict that DNA fragments of sufficient length will preserve in frozen fossil bone of around one million years in age," Bunce said.

No, more likely they will tell you that there is not enough water on the planet to completely cover it with water.

The fact that 90% of the species appeared around the same time does not disprove the Theory of Evolution. There have been, according to scientists, several massive die-offs in our planet's history. After such die-offs, there is a huge surge in species because of the lack of competition. For example, during the last Ice Age, as the ice receded, there was more food for herbivores. They were fruitful and multiplied. Whatever mutations occurred happened then. There were niches that allowed animals to thrive because of a lack of competition. And consequently, predators followed suit.

Evolutionary scientists have always said that it was very likely that the evolution of species was not steady, but had times of bursts and times of less. This is shown in the fossil record and now in this DNA study.

How dare you use rational thought in replying to Weatherby!

99% of earths species are extinct.
I dont see how this is earth shattering :rolleyes:
Uh, no.
Obviously the point of the study flew over your head.
what was the point
It means aardvarks, elephants, mice, men, etc all simultaneously appeared. Not long ago.

Nope- that isn't what it means.

But thanks for the chuckle.

Forum List

Back