Massive Genetic Study Shows 90% of All Animal Life Including Humans Appeared at the Same Time

"In analyzing the COI of 100,000 species, Stoeckle and Thaler arrived at the conclusion that most animals appeared simultaneously. They found that the neutral mutation across species were not as varied as expected. Neutral mutation refers to the slight DNA changes that occur across generations. They can be compared to tree rings because they can tell how old a certain specie or individual is.

As to how that could have happened, it's unclear. A likely possibility is the occurrence of a sudden event that caused large-scale environmental trauma and wiped out majority of the Earth's species."

Next they'll tell us something crazy like every culture has a flood story.

From what you posted 10k of the species did mutate then...

How did I come to that conclusion?

Simple 90% of 100k is 90k so that leave 10k that mutated, so can you explain where they came from and why they survived so long?
Never in the history of biology has science ever seen a mutation that is beneficial to the host.

But that won't stop you moonbats from saying it occurred millions of times and that's why atoms like Mozart.

"In analyzing the COI of 100,000 species, Stoeckle and Thaler arrived at the conclusion that most animals appeared simultaneously. They found that the neutral mutation across species were not as varied as expected. Neutral mutation refers to the slight DNA changes that occur across generations. They can be compared to tree rings because they can tell how old a certain specie or individual is.

As to how that could have happened, it's unclear. A likely possibility is the occurrence of a sudden event that caused large-scale environmental trauma and wiped out majority of the Earth's species."

Next they'll tell us something crazy like every culture has a flood story.

From what you posted 10k of the species did mutate then...

How did I come to that conclusion?

Simple 90% of 100k is 90k so that leave 10k that mutated, so can you explain where they came from and why they survived so long?
Never in the history of biology has science ever seen a mutation that is beneficial to the host.

But that won't stop you moonbats from saying it occurred millions of times and that's why atoms like Mozart.

Wait, so if we do proper math and 100k species were studied and 90% of them came into existence at the same time then where did the 10k come from?

Care to explain or is math too hard for you?

My point?

Once humanity thought the sun revolved around the Earth and we were the center of the Universe and now, well we are still clueless as ever before and still learning...

I know you believe some guy farted and bam the Universe was created but let me ask you this and let say there was a creator and let say the Universe is older than any given number, can't both be true?

Also getting back to the 10% that would be 10k of the species, well they explain there was life before the other 90% came to life or do you disagree???

99% of earths species are extinct.
I dont see how this is earth shattering :rolleyes:
Uh, no.
Obviously the point of the study flew over your head.

:lol:

No, the point of the study flew over your head, not his.

This has been explained to you repeatedly, but you're not intellectually honest enoigh to admit it.

The study found that 90% of the species alive today came into existence at around the same time. It did not say that 90% of animals that have ever existed did so.

Uh, no.
what was the point
Just what it said. 90% of all animals appeared at the same time not that long ago.
So what do you think that means?

He thinks it validates his young-earth creationism.

Uh, no.
what was the point
Just what it said. 90% of all animals appeared at the same time not that long ago.
Evolution says mice, men, elephants and kangaroos did not appear at the same time.

"The conclusion is very surprising," one of the researchers said, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."

Uh, no.

This has been explained to you repeatedly, but you're not intellectually honest enoigh to admit it.

The study found that 90% of the species alive today came into existence at around the same time. It did not say that 90% of animals that have ever existed did so.
So tell us how mice, men, elephants, kangaroos and hippopotamuses appeared at the same time, Einstein.

Uh, no.
what was the point
Evolution says mice, men, elephants and kangaroos did not appear at the same time.

"The conclusion is very surprising," one of the researchers said, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."

"Evolution" said that?

Who is "Evolution"?

Uh, no.

So tell us how mice, men, elephants, kangaroos and hippopotamuses appeared at the same time, Einstein.

What?

You appear to be moving the goalposts.

Uh, no.
what was the point

10% of the species did not evolve at the same time according to the study but only 90%.

Also like another poster pointed out you left out other parts of the article that might explain the reason why, but hey if you want to believe the Earth is flat, center of the Universe and was created in Six days while God rested on Saturday, well go right ahead...

Uh, no.
what was the point

Why would you even use this report though? You think men were riding on dinosaurs and dragons.

Forum List

Back