Mary is not the mother of God

It's not wise, nor is it particularly civilized, to mess with the deeply held religious convictions of others.

What others believe in these matters is their own personal beliefs and it's rude and pretentious to attempt to belittle their beliefs.

Last edited:

Mary is not the mother of God.

The Roman Catholics seem to know more bible verses than your video. The prophets of the Bible, of which Isaiah was one prophesied:

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” King James Version (KJV) Isaiah 9:6
I don't go to the Catholic Church, my family's church is mine too. But I have worked for years on charities with others from the communities I've lived in, and I don't know better people than these wonderful Catholic women who are devoted to the service of Jesus Christ the Lord, and it pleases them to use the Isaiah prophecy as who Jesus is.

It bothered my mother too, the business of intercession, in her mind that was worshipping someone else than the Lord. However, having understood what Jesus went through on the Cross, his mother was there, full of pain, knowing her son was one with God, and she stayed till the end in unimaginable sorrow. First Mary was summoned by the angel of the Lord and told she would conceive a child that would be God's only son. She couldn't believe that such a simple girl as herself would be the savior's mother, but she not only went along with it, she and her husband Joseph made certain Christ was well-learned in the scriptures and were pleased to know he made a big hit with his love and knowledge of the Word.

I lived in a community that had interfaith meetings with ladies from all the churches in town. Some of their monsignors would allow them to come to our meetings, some would host the meetings, and others would not allow the women in their parish to worship en masse with us.

Some people take offense at that, but I never did. I loved the good deeds they did for the poor, and brought food for the Sisters of the Poor to deliver to the unfortunate. Our church didn't have a hunger closet nor people to host food for the poor. I loved their loyalty and duty and fervor to make life for the poor good by the things they did.

I think you're being a little hard on the Roman Catholics. Their first Pope was the Apostle, Saint Peter, who Jesus called "the rock on which I will build my church." Now, just look at all the Christian churches in the world. Many of them started because of Peter but broke away over indulgences. Generations later, we all still have more commonalities and similar beliefs, summarized in the Apostles' Creed, which are said in Catholic as well as Protestant Churches every week, a prayer the Lord deemed as perfect.

Let it go if you can. God looks on the heart, not on what the Church's roof looks like.

The guys in robes with fishmouth Babylonian hoods don't let the idiots read The Book.
Jesus isn't God. He has the authority and abilities of his father.It makes him equal.
In Uhmerrycan terms he owns 50% of the stock ( us).

Catholic bashing is so last millennium.

It's not wise, nor is it particularly civilized, to mess with the deeply held religious convictions of others.

What others believe in these matters is their own personal beliefs and it's rude and pretentious to attempt to belittle their beliefs.
My friend who worships the flying spaghetti monster says the same thing.

If we are talking about Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, then yes she is. If we are talking about another Mary then no

Because our spirits pre-existed our mortal bodies and our spirits were born of Immortal parents,

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

do we not consider our mortal parents to also be our father and mother? Mary is truly the mother of the fleshy tabernacle of our Lord Jesus Christ. She carried Him in her womb and gave birth to Him in Bethlehem. She raised him and cared for him. Mary may not be the only mother of Jesus Christ, but she is one of them.

Because our spirits pre-existed our mortal bodies and our spirits were born of Immortal parents,

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

do we not consider our mortal parents to also be our father and mother? Mary is truly the mother of the fleshy tabernacle of our Lord Jesus Christ. She carried Him in her womb and gave birth to Him in Bethlehem. She raised him and cared for him. Mary may not be the only mother of Jesus Christ, but she is one of them.
there are no spirits

If we are talking about Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, then yes she is. If we are talking about another Mary then no
there is no god--so she can't be

You can claim there isnt a God all day long. He is still there. He still loves you
....very stupid .....you people made the initial claim--so it's up to you to prove it--not the other way around..and you can't prove it

Simply stating there is no God won't work either.

God is coy, you cant prove he exists and we can't he doesn't.....faith comes to mind

Forum List

Back