Zone1 so where in the Bible does it say it's a sin to talk to Mary?

Jesus established ONE Church, the Catholic Church

It was called Catholic at least as early as 107 AD, probably earlier but records don't always go back too far.

In any case, we can blame Luther for all the different denominations. He broke with the CC, then people who followed him broke with him and started their own churches, then people broke with those ones and so on and so on...

Chaos

God is not the author of chaos
Weren't you already informed on this board that long before the Protestant Reformation there was the Great Schism? Long before that you had earlier splits like Arianism. Even Peter and Paul had disagreements about circumcision. Interestingly, Peter, the alleged first Pope of the RCC, admitted to being wrong. So much for papal infallibility.

Weren't you already informed on this board that long before the Protestant Reformation there was the Great Schism? Long before that you had earlier splits like Arianism. Even Peter and Paul had disagreements about circumcision. Interestingly, Peter, the alleged first Pope of the RCC, admitted to being wrong. So much for papal infallibility.
Infallibility has nothing to do with being wrong on mundane matters or even seemingly non-mundane

Outsiders don't understand Infallibility

or much of anything re catholicism

Infallibility has nothing to do with being wrong on mundane matters or even seemingly non-mundane

Outsiders don't understand Infallibility

or much of anything re catholicism
It wasn't a mundane matter. It strikes at the heart of the relationship between Christians and the Mosaic Law.

I've read the entire DR Bible, most reliable version known to man

Never have I seen it there that we cannot talk to Christ's Mother. That said, I actually naturally talk to Jesus and the Father more than I do Mary, but still...

Yeh... If we are to always go by the Bible (and not so much the Church that produced it)

I say we Catholics are good to talk to Mary

since it is not forbidden in the Bible...

Never heard that before. In the Orthodox church we venerate and pray to the Theotokos (Mother of God) all the time, in every service.

Matthew 6:9
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Never have I seen it there that we cannot talk to Christ's Mother. That said, I actually naturally talk to Jesus and the Father more than I do Mary, but still...

Yeh... If we are to always go by the Bible (and not so much the Church that produced it)

Talk away, she doesn't hear ya. ;)

Mary is dead and buried, awaiting the Resurrection of the Dead at Christ return.

It doesn't, it's just she can't do anything for you. Just go straight to the source.

Forum List

Back