Martin Luther King Jr’s Daughter: ‘Many Who Quote Him Now Would Have Hated Him Then’

he was a Christ-centered, love-fueled, justice-seeking, peacemaking, globally-minded, nonviolent revolutionary & prophet.”

I am the OP and the MLK I saw would be called a race pimp by people like you. Because the King you have made up never existed.

Being the OP doesn't make you judge and jury bub. You dishonor King with your hatred and bigotry.

In this case it does. I honor King with my resistance to your racism.

Maybe you're the one that has made Kind into something that never existed...….your whole attitude is filled with hate and has no resemblance to his daughters description of the man

“Many who quote him now would have hated him then,” Bernice wrote on her Twitter account Sunday night. “He was assassinated for trying to eradicate the evils some claim he’d support today."

You left out this part girlie. This is why I say whites like you have tried making King into what he was not. I am not hate filled, I oppose the same injustice King did. That is white racism and the system created out of it.

Stop listening and choosing to believe racist white talk show hosts and you would understand that.
King must not have believed in the Bible, to be a Christian he sure was a womanizer. But I do believe what he stood for with civil rights was a good thing.

This thread is dedicated to all whites here at USMB who try telling us blacks about King.

This is MARTIN LUTHER KINGS DAUGHTER TALKING.

Martin Luther King Jr’s Daughter: ‘Many Who Quote Him Now Would Have Hated Him Then’

Stephen Silver

Monday is Martin Luther King Day, and in the social media era, it’s been a common occurance for individuals, political movements, and brands to quote Dr. King — or use his legacy in ways that the legendary civil rights leader may not have approved.

Someone else has noticed this tendency: Dr. King’s youngest daughter, Bernice King.

“Many who quote him now would have hated him then,” Bernice wrote on her Twitter account Sunday night. “He was assassinated for trying to eradicate the evils some claim he’d support today. But he was a Christ-centered, love-fueled, justice-seeking, peacemaking, globally-minded, nonviolent revolutionary & prophet.”

Some conservatives have seized on the “I Have a Dream” speech line, “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character,” as an argument against affirmative action and for “color blind” policies. Others have argued, per Human Events, that King was actually a conservative or a Republican. This is false, according to PolitiFact.

Sorry honey,
They hate him now. They just pretend they don't.

DtgqhJmWwAIjelm.jpg

No you don't and my actions are consistent with his beliefs. You do not see me advocating violence, threatening race wars, or anything but the recognition the we must fix the damage created by long standing white racist policies.

MLK advocated and justified violence IM2

By the end of his life, Martin Luther King realized the validity of violence

~S~

I know what King advocated. And I know what he meant when he said what he did about riots. He also spoke about self defense. At no time did he advocate or call for attacks on whites.

“And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? ... It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

“And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? ... It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

Let me suggest something to you as a white person. Try learning about what WHITE leaders have done accurately instead of trying to tell us about King. Like I said to you before:

I know what King advocated. And I know what he meant when he said what he did about riots. He also spoke about self defense. At no time did he advocate or call for attacks on whites.

So when you find the comment in what you posted in bold like you were proving something where King said he supports riots and that he urges blacks to go riot in white communities so they can be heard, let me know.

The fact is we can only speculate what MLK jr would be like if he were alive today.

The fact is we can only speculate what MLK jr would be like if he were alive today.

His daughter doesn't have to speculate and his life shows us he would not be what white racists say he would be today.

This thread is dedicated to all whites here at USMB who try telling us blacks about King.

Stephen Silver

Monday is Martin Luther King Day, and in the social media era, it’s been a common occurance for individuals, political movements, and brands to quote Dr. King — or use his legacy in ways that the legendary civil rights leader may not have approved.

Someone else has noticed this tendency: Dr. King’s youngest daughter, Bernice King.

“Many who quote him now would have hated him then,” Bernice wrote on her Twitter account Sunday night. “He was assassinated for trying to eradicate the evils some claim he’d support today. But he was a Christ-centered, love-fueled, justice-seeking, peacemaking, globally-minded, nonviolent revolutionary & prophet.”

Some conservatives have seized on the “I Have a Dream” speech line, “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character,” as an argument against affirmative action and for “color blind” policies. Others have argued, per Human Events, that King was actually a conservative or a Republican. This is false, according to PolitiFact.

Today’s Democrats are big into following Christian Pastors as leaders.

Said no one ever.

Stephen Silver

Said no one ever.

Republicans don't know what Christian is.

What would MLK have done? Would he retaliate by stereotyping, and denying his opponents' Christian faith, collectively?

That's not what happens now, and by the end of his life he was growing less patient with whites and their refusal to stop being racist.

“Whites, it must frankly be said, are not putting in a similar mass effort to reeducate themselves out of their racial ignorance. It is an aspect of their sense of superiority that the white people of America believe they have so little to learn. The reality of substantial investment to assist Negroes into the twentieth century, adjusting to Negro neighbors and genuine school integration, is still a nightmare for all too many white Americans…These are the deepest causes for contemporary abrasions between the races. Loose and easy language about equality, resonant resolutions about brotherhood fall pleasantly on the ear, but for the Negro there is a credibility gap he cannot overlook. He remembers that with each modest advance (the Negro makes) -- the white population promptly raises the argument that the Negro has come far enough. Each step forward accents an ever-present tendency to backlash.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

And perhaps you read the letter from Birmingham Jail

It begins with these words:

My Dear Fellow Clergymen:

It contains these words.

"There was a time when the church was very powerful—in the time when the early Christians rejoiced at being deemed worthy to suffer for what they believed. In those days the church was not merely a thermometer that recorded the ideas and principles of popular opinion; it was a thermostat that transformed the mores of society. Whenever the early Christians entered a town, the people in power became disturbed and immediately sought to convict the Christians for being “disturbers of the peace” and “outside agitators.” But the Christians pressed on, in the conviction that they were “a colony of heaven,” called to obey God rather than man. Small in number, they were big in commitment. They were too God-intoxicated to be “astronomically intimidated.” By their effort and example they brought an end to such ancient evils as infanticide and gladiatorial contests.

Things are different now. So often the contemporary church is a weak, ineffectual voice with an uncertain sound. So often it is an archdefender of the status quo. Far from being disturbed by the presence of the church, the power structure of the average community is consoled by the church’s silent—and often even vocal—sanction of things as they are.

But the judgment of God is upon the church as never before. If today’s church does not recapture the sacrificial spirit of the early church, it will lose its authenticity, forfeit the loyalty of millions, and be dismissed as an irrelevant social club with no meaning for the twentieth century. Every day I meet young people whose disappointment with the church has turned into outright disgust.

Perhaps I have once again been too optimistic. Is organized religion too inextricably bound to the status quo to save our nation and the world?"

Martin Luther King Jr.’s ‘Letter From Birmingham Jail’

What would MLK have done? Would he retaliate by stereotyping, and denying his opponents' Christian faith, collectively?

That's not what happens now, and by the end of his life he was growing less patient with whites and their refusal to stop being racist.

[...]

So, it would appear, not even at his most impatient would MLK deny his opponents' Christian faith to make a point. Rather, he'd take on the church hierarchy to get up from their fattening arses, and "man up", if that's a permissible metaphor in this context.

And yes, a reminder of "love thy neighbor" and "what you've done to the least ..." would probably be okay with MLK. I guess.

I am the OP and the MLK I saw would be called a race pimp by people like you. Because the King you have made up never existed.

Being the OP doesn't make you judge and jury bub. You dishonor King with your hatred and bigotry.

Yet you yourself are a racist in that you despise white people. You may not come right out and say it, but you've revealed your real feelings on this matter many times. Yet you're not man enough just to come out and say, "I'm a racist who hates white people". I mean, at least BrokeLoser and the other white trash dumbasses on here have the guts to proudly label themselves confederate flag-waving degenerates. Where's your racist pride, man?

Yet you yourself are a racist in that you despise white people. You may not come right out and say it, but you've revealed your real feelings on this matter many times. Yet you're not man enough just to come out and say, "I'm a racist who hates white people". I mean, at least BrokeLoser and the other white trash dumbasses on here have the guts to proudly label themselves confederate flag-waving degenerates. Where's your racist pride, man?

Sorry junior but you're wrong.

[...]

So, it would appear, not even at his most impatient would MLK deny his opponents' Christian faith to make a point. Rather, he'd take on the church hierarchy to get up from their fattening arses, and "man up", if that's a permissible metaphor in this context.

And yes, a reminder of "love thy neighbor" and "what you've done to the least ..." would probably be okay with MLK. I guess.

King would be called all kinds of racists and race pimps.

Whites are not being stereotyped. Whites have exhibited a continuing pattern of behavior. Now in your opinion we must ignnre that pattern because YOU may not exhibit that behavior.

Stephen Silver

Said no one ever.

Christian means not looking at race, or party, or socioeconomic status, or sex, just like Jesus did.

Christian means saying the truth without venom towards any one group of people.

Christian is following the example of Jesus without rendering evil for evil.

I've visited MLK's monument in Washington DC, and enjoyed it very much. Where else is scripture so championed and praised is such a wretched Christian hating city that loves MLK so?

I suppose it's God's sense of humor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back