Martin Luther King Jr’s Daughter: ‘Many Who Quote Him Now Would Have Hated Him Then’

I am the OP and the MLK I saw would be called a race pimp by people like you. Because the King you have made up never existed.

Being the OP doesn't make you judge and jury bub. You dishonor King with your hatred and bigotry.

In this case it does. I honor King with my resistance to your racism.

What racism? Why would I believe a racist?

The aversive racism you practice.

Those like you take one sentence out of a speech where King roundly criticized the white race to claim that he stood for your version of a fake colorblind society where racial injustice continues against people of color while we pretend color doesn't matter.

The aversive racism you practice.

Those like you take one sentence out of a speech where King roundly criticized the white race to claim that he stood for your version of a fake colorblind society where racial injustice continues against people of color while we pretend color doesn't matter.

Aversive racism huh? That would mean I was avoiding you, which I do not. I call you out as a racist.

Both were great men standing for the same thing.

Your comment shows you know nothing about either one.

Sure I do, you just don't like what it means about your actions.

No you don't and my actions are consistent with his beliefs. You do not see me advocating violence, threatening race wars, or anything but the recognition the we must fix the damage created by long standing white racist policies. King was talking about economic justice before he was killed. I am talking about economic justice now.

he was a Christ-centered, love-fueled, justice-seeking, peacemaking, globally-minded, nonviolent revolutionary & prophet.”

I am the OP and the MLK I saw would be called a race pimp by people like you. Because the King you have made up never existed.

Being the OP doesn't make you judge and jury bub. You dishonor King with your hatred and bigotry.

Maybe you're the one that has made Kind into something that never existed...….your whole attitude is filled with hate and has no resemblance to his daughters description of the man

This thread is dedicated to all whites here at USMB who try telling us blacks about King.

This is MARTIN LUTHER KINGS DAUGHTER TALKING.

Martin Luther King Jr’s Daughter: ‘Many Who Quote Him Now Would Have Hated Him Then’

Stephen Silver

Monday is Martin Luther King Day, and in the social media era, it’s been a common occurance for individuals, political movements, and brands to quote Dr. King — or use his legacy in ways that the legendary civil rights leader may not have approved.

Someone else has noticed this tendency: Dr. King’s youngest daughter, Bernice King.

“Many who quote him now would have hated him then,” Bernice wrote on her Twitter account Sunday night. “He was assassinated for trying to eradicate the evils some claim he’d support today. But he was a Christ-centered, love-fueled, justice-seeking, peacemaking, globally-minded, nonviolent revolutionary & prophet.”

Some conservatives have seized on the “I Have a Dream” speech line, “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character,” as an argument against affirmative action and for “color blind” policies. Others have argued, per Human Events, that King was actually a conservative or a Republican. This is false, according to PolitiFact.

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Dr Nadine Burke Harris youth wellness.png

Hello. If Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., PhD, was still with us, would he passionately demand all Americans, including his daughter Bernice, join American pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, FAAP, MPA, Founder & CEO of the 'Center For Youth Wellness', and her medical colleagues in passionately calling for a National MOVEMENT educating American & foreign born primary child caregivers about our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS & potentially life scarring medical disease/condition:

"Childhood Trauma" aka
"Adverse Childhood Experiences" (#ACEs)

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter;
Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*;

he was a Christ-centered, love-fueled, justice-seeking, peacemaking, globally-minded, nonviolent revolutionary & prophet.”

Maybe you're the one that has made Kind into something that never existed...….your whole attitude is filled with hate and has no resemblance to his daughters description of the man

“Many who quote him now would have hated him then,” Bernice wrote on her Twitter account Sunday night. “He was assassinated for trying to eradicate the evils some claim he’d support today."

You left out this part girlie. This is why I say whites like you have tried making King into what he was not. I am not hate filled, I oppose the same injustice King did. That is white racism and the system created out of it.

Stop listening and choosing to believe racist white talk show hosts and you would understand that.

Last edited:
This thread is dedicated to all whites here at USMB who try telling us blacks about King.

Stephen Silver

Monday is Martin Luther King Day, and in the social media era, it’s been a common occurance for individuals, political movements, and brands to quote Dr. King — or use his legacy in ways that the legendary civil rights leader may not have approved.

Someone else has noticed this tendency: Dr. King’s youngest daughter, Bernice King.

“Many who quote him now would have hated him then,” Bernice wrote on her Twitter account Sunday night. “He was assassinated for trying to eradicate the evils some claim he’d support today. But he was a Christ-centered, love-fueled, justice-seeking, peacemaking, globally-minded, nonviolent revolutionary & prophet.”

Some conservatives have seized on the “I Have a Dream” speech line, “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character,” as an argument against affirmative action and for “color blind” policies. Others have argued, per Human Events, that King was actually a conservative or a Republican. This is false, according to PolitiFact.

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello. If Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., PhD, was still with us, would he passionately demand all Americans, including his daughter Bernice, join American pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, FAAP, MPA, Founder & CEO of the 'Center For Youth Wellness', and her medical colleagues in passionately calling for a National MOVEMENT educating American & foreign born primary child caregivers about our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS & potentially life scarring medical disease/condition:

"Childhood Trauma" aka

Peace.
___
Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*;

He would demand that we look at the system that created the problem. Something you and all the other dimwits in the so called "negromansphere' cannot do.

'A true revolution of values will soon cause us to question the fairness and justice of many of our past and present policies. On the one hand, we are called to play the Good Samaritan on life’s roadside, but that will be only an initial act. One day we must come to see that the whole Jericho road must be transformed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and robbed as they make their journey on life’s highway. True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

Last edited:
The Annual Whitewashing of Martin Luther King Jr.
by Wim Laven

Every year I ask myself questions about the shameful exploitation of Martin Luther King Jr.–why do Americans love to disgrace his message so much? Why is it so popular that we see it year after year? Remember last year? Trump was talking about “s@!#hole countries” while tweeting “I encourage all Americans to observe this day with appropriate civic, community, and service activities in honor of Dr. King’s life and legacy.” What is to stop longtime racists like Rep. Steve King from copying and pasting a quick quote into their twitter feeds? Last year he posted: “Ive been to the mountain top. And I’ve seen the promised land. …we, as a people, will get to the promised land.” And yet his long list of racially offensive comments and associations with avowed white nationalists, recently published in the New York Times, reveal his use of Dr. King’s words to be a snide mockery.

“The Dream” is not a feel-good story. It is the story of resistance and struggle. This is why few things could be more offensive than sanitizing his words and using them with the intention of pacifying the oppressed. MLK spoke to defend those who demanded equal pay and equal access—people were tired of being pushed around. Forget the “our party freed the slaves” and think about the ongoing need for dignity and equality. MLK died in solidarity with sanitation workers–maybe you can stick up for those furloughed or out of work in a racist and classist political stunt. We’ve got to get past the sentimentality.

When MLK spoke to us he pressured us to look deeper and bigger. “True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring.” The gap between the rich and the poor is only growing, and trillion-dollar tax giveaways to the rich are not helping. “The war in Vietnam is but a symptom of a far deeper malady within the American spirit,” and his observance of our ubiquitous engagement in violent conflict continued that it would not end until “there is a significant and profound change in American life and policy.” So, finding quotes is easy, but this last one is key: “Our only hope today lies in our ability to recapture the revolutionary spirit and go out into a sometimes hostile world declaring eternal hostility to poverty, racism, and militarism.” The cowards cannot get behind the radical message, and they will not get there on their own; “there is a promised land” but don’t forget it was envisioned by Martin Luther King working for the Poor People’s Campaign, uniting poor Whites, Blacks, Natives, Latinx and many others. That’s the Martin Luther King Jr. coalition, not the Rep. Steven King segregated fan group.

The Annual Whitewashing of Martin Luther King Jr.

Stephen Silver

"Childhood Trauma" aka

Peace.
___

He would demand that we look at the system that created the problem. Something you and all the other dimwits in the so called "negromansphere' cannot do.

'A true revolution of values will soon cause us to question the fairness and justice of many of our past and present policies. On the one hand, we are called to play the Good Samaritan on life’s roadside, but that will be only an initial act. One day we must come to see that the whole Jericho road must be transformed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and robbed as they make their journey on life’s highway. True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

Dr. King, "True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar."

Does "true compassion" include protecting our Nation's most precious assets from experiencing, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, emotional and phyiscal harm....by recognizing WHO is primarily responsible for raising, nurturing and socializing perfectly healthy American newborns, maturing into apparent depressed, frustrated, angry, emotionally ill, violent SUIC!DAL, HOMIC!DAL, DOMESTIC AMERICAN TERRORISTS causing COMMUNITY VIOLENCE, COMMUNITY FEAR, as well as TERRORIZING our peaceful, responsible American and foreign born neighbors?

gang members OPRAH.jpg

Am I being compassionate when asking WHO is nurturing and socializing perfectly HEALTHY newborns maturing into apparent emotional or mentally ill teen and adult citizens LARGELY lacking compassion, empathy and respect for our peaceful, as well as less fortunate neighbors?

Can You Remind Me Why We Killing Each Other?

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Forum List

Back