Marriage clerk targeted by gays revolts

If it is legal for gays to marry, then fine. But the STATE hired this woman and there is separation of church and STATE. Her RELIGIOUS beliefs are...man and woman. Period. So now she is sitting in jail and her RELIGIOUS beliefs have been violated.

Kinda like Rosa Parks being pissed about sitting at the back of da bus.

I honestly feel that most of these people are using their religion to try to hide their hatred for homosexuals. They find them icky and disgusting. That is the bottom line here! If God is so omnipotent and it feels that homosexuality is a sin, then this entity does not NEED your help. It will pass judgment when the time comes, but you've no right to try to force people to comply with your personal beliefs. This is not Iran.
You are assuming issues that are not in evidence here.
Do you hate a child when you prevent him from doing anything he or she wants, right or wrong?

No.

Lol. What?? I'm saying that this woman doesn't have any "right" to do her job (for which she is payed by taxpayers and that includes some GAY people) any way she sees fit. If she cannot do her job, then she should resign and do something else. She is still FREE to practice her religious beliefs.

If it is legal for gays to marry, then fine. But the STATE hired this woman and there is separation of church and STATE. Her RELIGIOUS beliefs are...man and woman. Period. So now she is sitting in jail and her RELIGIOUS beliefs have been violated.

All your statements are in error. Read the thread.

Actually she must leave her religious beliefs outside of the government building's walls.

That is what the Establishment Clause means. As an agent for the government, she is putting her faith above all others & acting according to her beliefs which, in effect, is establishing a state sanctioned religious ideology.. That is why she was put in jail... for refusing to stop that Unconstitutional behavior.

Her behavior was not unconstitutional when they hired her.

The point is...gays that want cakes with same sex decorations can go to another baker. Why force someone to accept what they do not wish to accept.

I don't get it. Why don't those wanting a same sex marriage license go to another county??? Same with same sex wedding cakes. Why not go to a bakery that doesn't care?

Personally, I hope this woman continues doing what she is doing. I saw where one lesbian lady said "they can't keep pushing off onto us THEIR beliefs by denying us". Um. Hello? The THEY and THEIR also pertains to those no tolerant to SSM. Doesn't it?
This woman said it goes against her religious beliefs. Does she not have rights too?

When it comes to businesses I totally agree. I think any business should able to serve, or not serve, any person as they see fit. The free market will take care of the rest. When it comes to agents of the state that is a totally different matter. If a Muslim manager of the DMV ordered his staff to stop issuing drivers licences to women b/c of his deeply held beliefs should his religious rights be accommodated? Hell no, he would have to get a new job that doesn't conflict with his deeply held beliefs. This is nothing more a religiously based sovereign citizen angle where people of faith get to decide which laws they have to follow and which laws they do not.

Last edited:
patriots.jpg

I don't get it. Why don't those wanting a same sex marriage license go to another county??? Same with same sex wedding cakes. Why not go to a bakery that doesn't care?

Personally, I hope this woman continues doing what she is doing. I saw where one lesbian lady said "they can't keep pushing off onto us THEIR beliefs by denying us". Um. Hello? The THEY and THEIR also pertains to those no tolerant to SSM. Doesn't it?
This woman said it goes against her religious beliefs. Does she not have rights too?

When it comes to businesses I totally agree. I think any business should able to serve or not serve any person as they see fit. The free market will take care of the rest. When it comes to agents of the state that is a totally different matter. If a Muslim manager of the DMV ordered his staff to stop issuing drivers licences to women b/c of his deeply held beliefs should his religious rights be accommodated? Hell no, he would have to get a new job that doesn't conflict with his deeply held beliefs. This is nothing more a religiously based sovereign citizen angle where people of faith get to decide which laws they have to follow and which laws they do not.

Well, because most states have anti-discrimination business laws (and they do have the right to set regulations and rules when it comes to business and how it is conducted, as this does effect the success of business in the respective states), people who blatantly discriminate against entire groups of taxpaying American citizens are breaking the law.

When it comes to businesses I totally agree. I think any business should able to serve or not serve any person as they see fit. The free market will take care of the rest. When it comes to agents of the state that is a totally different matter. If a Muslim manager of the DMV ordered his staff to stop issuing drivers licences to women b/c of his deeply held beliefs should his religious rights be accommodated? Hell no, he would have to get a new job that doesn't conflict with his deeply held beliefs. This is nothing more a religiously based sovereign citizen angle where people of faith get to decide which laws they have to follow and which laws they do not.

Well, because most states have anti-discrimination business laws (and they do have the right to set regulations and rules when it comes to business and how it is conducted, as this does effect the success of business in the respective states), people who blatantly discriminate against entire groups of taxpaying American citizens are breaking the law.

I actually really dislike public accommodation laws. I think they should scrapped for the most part. If the public doesn't like restaurant Y for not serving 'those people' they will take their business elsewhere. When that restaurant folds from all the bad PR and lack of customers they will have no one to blame but themselves. The free market will sort it all out.

I actually really dislike public accommodation laws. I think they should scrapped for the most part. If the public doesn't like restaurant Y for not serving 'those people' they will take their business elsewhere. When that restaurant folds from all the bad PR and lack of customers they will have no one to blame but themselves. The free market will sort it all out.

Well, I think this was all sorted out back when black people gained civil rights. We aren't going to go backwards now.

Well, I think this was all sorted out back when black people gained civil rights. We aren't going to go backwards now.

I agree, it is unlikely those laws will have be repealed. I think we have progressed greatly from that era and now with the Internet people would not react very kindly to places that stated we don't serve XYZ.

Why does this woman make it her business who is sleeping with who or who wants to marry who?
A statement like this may not be fair when she never came to those who were wanting to get married. They came to her which is how it became any of her business.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

I agree, it is unlikely those laws will have be repealed. I think we have progressed greatly from that era and now with the Internet people would not react very kindly to places that stated we don't serve XYZ.

Some of us have progressed since that era anyways. Lol. ;)

Why does this woman make it her business who is sleeping with who or who wants to marry who?
A statement like this may not be fair when she never came to those who were wanting to get married. They came to her which is how it became any of her business.

Holly

Holly, that is her JOB. People HAVE to come to her for a marriage license, or go to another community. There is absolutely no valid reason why anyone should HAVE to go to another community because this woman refuses to do her job.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Holly

Gay people work, pay taxes and contribute to our economy. They do not deserve to be discriminated against. If a person cannot treat them as equals, then they should resign their taxpayer paid position, as some gay people are also paying her salary.

^^^ I agree that she should have looked for another job if she didn't like the direction that the job that she was working was going in.

Holly
Holly, that is her JOB. People HAVE to come to her for a marriage license, or go to another community. There is absolutely no valid reason why anyone should HAVE to go to another community because this woman refuses to do her job.
She refused to do the job for certain people, yes, but she did not stop doing the job all together, a job that obviously has to be done by someone.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. This does bring me to what may be a rather interesting question depending on how you look at it. I remember reading about someone getting married to their pet not too long ago. What if that person brought their pet with them to that woman wanting a marriage license and she could not take care of them because she was allergic to the person's pet? If an exception could be made for a situation like that one for example, why can't it be made for the one that she is in? It isn't like she was the only person on this planet who could help score people a marriage license.

Last edited:
It ruled in favor of homo bigotry with the homo marriage ruling.

Heck it made God start taking Xanax ...............
It's not a religious issue to us cerebral types.
Yes that quote of yours "homo bigotry with the homo marriage ruling." sure puts you up there in the "wing nut Einstein" class...
Obviously beyond your grasp. Explain what is inaccurate about 'homo bigotry via homo marriage'.
I got something you can grasp n...right here wing nut........Those gays showed the patience of Job [not Jeb!] in not hoping over the counter and putting Ms Christian in her proper place ....
11990643_10107219743637694_4558826486589166856_n.jpg
Tell those homos to try that where a Muslim clerk or judge is involved.

Her behavior was not unconstitutional when they hired her.

The point is...gays that want cakes with same sex decorations can go to another baker. Why force someone to accept what they do not wish to accept.

Her beliefs were not an issue then, because the law wasn't in effect then. The Constitution is a living document & now includes gays under the 14th Amendment & she has to abide with whatever additions come along with the law of the land. She does not get to decide that her religious beliefs trump anybody's civil rights. Her civil rights are not being denied when she is not an agent of the government. If she cannot do both, then she needs to remove herself.

Forum List

Back