Marriage clerk targeted by gays revolts

Good..don't take their assault without fighting back!

Fighting back- by suing her governor.....lol

A county clerk in Kentucky who has been sued for declining to issue marriage licenses since the Supreme Court’s Obergefell decision now has turned the legal focus onto her own governor, Steve Beshear, for arbitrarily picking and choosing religious beliefs for exemptions from the law, and thus putting her in the position to be a defendant in the current case.

The new case filed by Kim Davis, the clerk in Rowan County, asks that Beshear be made liable for any damages that might be assessed against her in the marriage fight.

Yeah- thats going to end well.....

I guess I'm looking at this going... If you're a Christian Doctor, you don't become an abortionist.

Retire if it's "against your religion" to do the job.

Never know. At least 1 lawyer seems to think she has a case worth filing. Good luck to her.

Not one lawyer- a Conservative activist group.
Its actually a religious rights group so its a large group of lawyers who think they have a case and they do against the governor. He can't pick and choose what laws get enforced.
I guess I'm looking at this going... If you're a Christian Doctor, you don't become an abortionist.

Retire if it's "against your religion" to do the job.
Why? EVERY other county in Ky was giving the licenses out the queer can go there.

Why? EVERY other county in Ky was giving the licenses out the queer can go there.
Absolutely no reason they need to. That **** can either do her fucking job or she can go clean toilets at her church for a living. Fire that bitch.
Not gonna happen. Faggots aren't the deciders of what gets done in this country. Learn to do like everyone else does and compromise and go elsewhere or waste the courts time...I hope it blows up in the governors face for picking and choosing what laws he will enforce.

Absolutely no reason they need to. That **** can either do her fucking job or she can go clean toilets at her church for a living. Fire that bitch.
Not gonna happen. Faggots aren't the deciders of what gets done in this country. Learn to do like everyone else does and compromise and go elsewhere or waste the courts time...I hope it blows up in the governors face for picking and choosing what laws he will enforce.
There is no compromise required here. She either does her fucking job or her ass is on the street. Her choice.

Good..don't take their assault without fighting back!

Fighting back- by suing her governor.....lol

A county clerk in Kentucky who has been sued for declining to issue marriage licenses since the Supreme Court’s Obergefell decision now has turned the legal focus onto her own governor, Steve Beshear, for arbitrarily picking and choosing religious beliefs for exemptions from the law, and thus putting her in the position to be a defendant in the current case.

The new case filed by Kim Davis, the clerk in Rowan County, asks that Beshear be made liable for any damages that might be assessed against her in the marriage fight.

Yeah- thats going to end well.....
I hope she's required to put in her legal brief EXACTLY what part of her religious bible states that she cannot legally do her job.

So she wants to break the law but have the Governor of KY pay for her damages when she does so? Grab an umbrella b/c it is raining personal responsibility up in here. Don't be shocked when this case gets laughed out of court.

So, if they refused to serve black people, then black people can just drive from Mississippi all the way to Vermont to get their marriage license huh?

There is no compromise required here. She either does her fucking job or her ass is on the street. Her choice.
Yawn.
So she wants to break the law but have the Governor of KY pay for her damages when she does so? Grab an umbrella b/c it is raining personal responsibility up in here. Don't be shocked when this case gets laughed out of court.
Governor either must make everyone enforce the law or no one enforce law. His own AG refused to enforce law but he expects all clerk of courts to enforce it.

So, if they refused to serve black people, then black people can just drive from Mississippi all the way to Vermont to get their marriage license huh?
Sounds good to me.

Never know. At least 1 lawyer seems to think she has a case worth filing. Good luck to her.

Not one lawyer- a Conservative activist group.
Its actually a religious rights group so its a large group of lawyers who think they have a case and they do against the governor. He can't pick and choose what laws get enforced..

Like I said- a Conservative activist group- if you want to call it a Conservative Christian activist group- that would also be accurate.

They don't care whether or not they have a viable case- they have deep enough pockets to file any loony lawsuit that they want to.

Forum List

Back