Make sure you watch tonight!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by krisy, Apr 13, 2004.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
  2. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I guess it could be good for a laugh.

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Yes, we all know most liberals already have their speeches prepared - before they hear a single word from Bush. I guess it's now a matter of what exactly he says and how it gets twisted. :)

4. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    For those who don't believe in the 'liberal media' please keep an open mind and analyze the nuances of the questions posed.

Pay special attention to the adjectives.

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Bingo! They will try to make the American people think he said what he didn't,and manipulate every word. Actually,I just got done watching and I feel he did a great job. He came off strong and firm and confident. By the way,why in the heck does the media care if Bush and Cheney testify together or not? Also,why in the Hell should he apologize to anyone for 9-11?! These reporters questions get worse and worse:rolleyes:

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Did you see those questions tonight. My god. Everyone of them tried to eek an apology out of the president. Every line of questions focused on either trying to get an admission of guilt for 9/11 or trying to get him to admit he is wrong on Iraq.

Thats not objective, thats underhanded. Ask real questions. Don't try to bombard the president with accusations disguised as questions in order to further pick apart his Presidency.

Thats whats wrong with the media. They dont try to report the news. They try to make it with the way they word questions among other things.

7. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    At what point in time did asking questions cease being about garnering information?

8. clumzgirl

clumzgirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Talk about a witch hunt! The tone of the questions was downright offensive and disrespectful. I'll admit, I was starting to lose a bit of faith in W, but after his tactful handling of those questions, my faith is restored. He could have gone apeshit on their biased asses but he chose to remain calm.

What exactly is the liberal media looking for, anyway? You'd think W had orchestrated the WTC bombings himself. When the USS Cole was bombed, did the media try to strangle an apology out of Clinton? Noooo, of course not! What a crock of anti-American shit!

Hey, here's an idea. Send all the reporters (well, most of them) to Afghanistan and let them duke it out over there. We'll see how well pancake make-up covers shrapnel wounds. F*ckers...:death:

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    You kick ass clumsy girl.

10. Cousin Vinnie

Cousin Vinnie Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bush didn't do a bad job with his speech last night. He obviously isn't that great of a communicator, though, as we all know. However, I am a Democrat. I have to disagree with a few things. I see how many people get killed over in Iraq. It gets to be boring to hear about death every day over there and Bush is still so insistant on sending more troops over if needed. What is so hard about the Iraqi's taking over control of their country? Why do we need to hold their hand for months after months? Besides, no matter how much Bush is going to tell you it's for our nation's benefit that we help Iraq out, we really aren't going to be affected by it. From the point that I see it, the country is throwing money away because the average person's like here in America isn't going to change one bit. Now I admire that our country has always been known to help others out in times of crisis, but we can't possibly go into every distressed country and give them soldiers and financial aid. But like I said, we still could've helped Iraq but got it over with much quicker. Our troops are in a lot of danger and that should be enough...