Make sure you watch tonight!

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I guess it could be good for a laugh.

Yes, we all know most liberals already have their speeches prepared - before they hear a single word from Bush. I guess it's now a matter of what exactly he says and how it gets twisted. :)

Originally posted by jimnyc
Yes, we all know most liberals already have their speeches prepared - before they hear a single word from Bush. I guess it's now a matter of what exactly he says and how it gets twisted. :)

Bingo! They will try to make the American people think he said what he didn't,and manipulate every word. Actually,I just got done watching and I feel he did a great job. He came off strong and firm and confident. By the way,why in the heck does the media care if Bush and Cheney testify together or not? Also,why in the Hell should he apologize to anyone for 9-11?! These reporters questions get worse and worse:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Zhukov
For those who don't believe in the 'liberal media' please keep an open mind and analyze the nuances of the questions posed.

Pay special attention to the adjectives.

Did you see those questions tonight. My god. Everyone of them tried to eek an apology out of the president. Every line of questions focused on either trying to get an admission of guilt for 9/11 or trying to get him to admit he is wrong on Iraq.

Thats not objective, thats underhanded. Ask real questions. Don't try to bombard the president with accusations disguised as questions in order to further pick apart his Presidency.

Thats whats wrong with the media. They dont try to report the news. They try to make it with the way they word questions among other things.

Talk about a witch hunt! The tone of the questions was downright offensive and disrespectful. I'll admit, I was starting to lose a bit of faith in W, but after his tactful handling of those questions, my faith is restored. He could have gone apeshit on their biased asses but he chose to remain calm.

What exactly is the liberal media looking for, anyway? You'd think W had orchestrated the WTC bombings himself. When the USS Cole was bombed, did the media try to strangle an apology out of Clinton? Noooo, of course not! What a crock of anti-American shit!

Hey, here's an idea. Send all the reporters (well, most of them) to Afghanistan and let them duke it out over there. We'll see how well pancake make-up covers shrapnel wounds. F*ckers...:death:

Originally posted by clumzgirl
Talk about a witch hunt! The tone of the questions was downright offensive and disrespectful. I'll admit, I was starting to lose a bit of faith in W, but after his tactful handling of those questions, my faith is restored. He could have gone apeshit on their biased asses but he chose to remain calm.

What exactly is the liberal media looking for, anyway? You'd think W had orchestrated the WTC bombings himself. When the USS Cole was bombed, did the media try to strangle an apology out of Clinton? Noooo, of course not! What a crock of anti-American shit!

Hey, here's an idea. Send all the reporters (well, most of them) to Afghanistan and let them duke it out over there. We'll see how well pancake make-up covers shrapnel wounds. F*ckers...:death:

You kick ass clumsy girl.

Bush didn't do a bad job with his speech last night. He obviously isn't that great of a communicator, though, as we all know. However, I am a Democrat. I have to disagree with a few things. I see how many people get killed over in Iraq. It gets to be boring to hear about death every day over there and Bush is still so insistant on sending more troops over if needed. What is so hard about the Iraqi's taking over control of their country? Why do we need to hold their hand for months after months? Besides, no matter how much Bush is going to tell you it's for our nation's benefit that we help Iraq out, we really aren't going to be affected by it. From the point that I see it, the country is throwing money away because the average person's like here in America isn't going to change one bit. Now I admire that our country has always been known to help others out in times of crisis, but we can't possibly go into every distressed country and give them soldiers and financial aid. But like I said, we still could've helped Iraq but got it over with much quicker. Our troops are in a lot of danger and that should be enough...

Originally posted by clumzgirl

They made jackasses of themselves and proved to America that they literally cannot do their jobs, without showing an incredible bias. What the Hell ws the point of the NPR guy wanting Bush to think of a mistake he has made or whatever the silly ass question was? I was sitting there thinking about how they are able to ask the President of the United States a question,the leader of the free world,and those were what they came up with. How pathetic.As you pointed out clumsgirl,where were they when Clinton F'd up? You can hear the hate in their voices when they were trying to nail him down. I think he has gotten more comfy with the speeches and PCs and pretty much puts them in their place anymore. I totally agree with you,and I just have to say"down with the Liberal media"-I am so tired of it!!!:lame2: :bs1:

Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie
Bush didn't do a bad job with his speech last night. He obviously isn't that great of a communicator, though, as we all know. However, I am a Democrat. I have to disagree with a few things. I see how many people get killed over in Iraq. It gets to be boring to hear about death every day over there and Bush is still so insistant on sending more troops over if needed. What is so hard about the Iraqi's taking over control of their country? Why do we need to hold their hand for months after months? Besides, no matter how much Bush is going to tell you it's for our nation's benefit that we help Iraq out, we really aren't going to be affected by it. From the point that I see it, the country is throwing money away because the average person's like here in America isn't going to change one bit.

I see what your saying Vinnie. But we are over there to disrupt the terrorists in their nest. We are fighting over there so that we dont have to fight in New York or Philly or Washington. We are eliminating their breeding grounds so that we dont have to fear being bombed or gassed or have bilogical weapons inflicted upon us when we goto work or school or to the mall.

A free Iraq is a start. It elimnated an existing threat and will establish a breeding ground for hope in that region. That in turn will prevent new suiciders and mass murders from growing up over there in a new generation. Because if you have hope of a good life, then why would you want to kill yourself.

Now I admire that our country has always been known to help others out in times of crisis, but we can't possibly go into every distressed country and give them soldiers and financial aid. But like I said, we still could've helped Iraq but got it over with much quicker. Our troops are in a lot of danger and that should be enough...

I agree that we help other countries too much in "mercy"ventures. Somalia and Yugoslavia come to mind. No threat to the US or US interests but we went just the same to help. The middle East as a whole is a threat to the US. Yes we could have ended the war in IRaq much quicker. Probably about 12 years quicker had we just ended it right then and there.

Instead we let the problem gorw and fester for another decade and well we have to deal with it sooner or later. Bush simply decided that he was not going to push it off on another president. He basically said that he is gonna get the ball rolling in the right direction. He is going to take the fight to the enemy that has declared war on us. And thus far he has done just that.

I believe we all must keep in mind too that Bush is the only President that has dealt with terrorism in these proportions. No other country or administration has had an attack on this level at once. If Bush weren't in office,I don't know that we would be standing up to these terrorists they way we are. I believe he is keeping our country safe by flexing some muscle.

Forum List

Back