Zone1 I Am SO done With My Church!!!

My only point has been about the flaw of saying something out of a written book is a "rule" (that was written by men) and then say this other part is not a rule... wait for it... because it is written by men.
Not a flaw, a feature. The various versions of the Bible were themselves put together by rulers and church hierarchies with their own vested interest.

That is an absurd view, as well as you have a strange habit of putting words/thoughts/beliefs into my head without having ever met me, or know anything whatsoever I believe or don't believe.
And that is intellectually dishonest.
I am not a judge of anyone, and neither is anyone else as long as that action doesn't harm another person.
I have gay friends, 2 gay nephews and my wife and I have a favorite restaurant that is owned by 2 lesbians that hire only trans/gay/lesbian servers. I have no issue with alternate lifestyles as long as no one else is harmed.
My only point has been about the flaw of saying something out of a written book is a "rule" (that was written by men) and then say this other part is not a rule... wait for it... because it is written by men.
That is a fallacy.
Fallacy about a fantasy , there really shouldn't be much to talk about but here we are after millinia discussing the same issue. What a waste of time.

Not a flaw, a feature. The various versions of the Bible were themselves put together by rulers and church hierarchies with their own vested interest.
Including the red text
I am more into the Gnostics BTW. Not all of it, which is a LOT of theory. But theory that makes good sense and fixes an awful lot of flaws and inconsistencies in the OT and NT.
I believe a persons salvation lies within themselves. Jesus provided a possibility of salvation that was unachievable before he came. It was not his job or intent to define rules of faith.

I believe a persons salvation lies within themselves. Jesus provided a possibility of salvation that was unachievable before he came. It was not his job or intent to define rules of faith.
Agreed , Jesus would never want a judgemental religion named after him. He was more like the Buddha , he preached a way of life , full of love and peace, not judgment and hatred. The religion was made up by men with all their human frailties and ithe Bible shows that clearly.

Then why do you feel the need to be in this thread.
Does that make you feel superior?
Not at all , I like having my say and trying to help others overcome their Indoctrination. It's a big world out there and listening to only one voice is sad at best.

Not at all , I like having my say and trying to help others overcome their Indoctrination. It's a big world out there and listening to only one voice is sad at best.
Overcome or replace with your own?
That puts you in a position of authority and superiority.

Sure you can. The book is not inerrant.
jesus coke.jpg

Overcome or replace with your own?
That puts you in a position of authority and superiority.
No two people in this world walk the same path , even if they believe they do. That is the design , hope and possibilities of this world. I don't try to tell anyone what to do , I can only offer suggestions. The rest is up to.the person listening. It's always been your choice , hope you realize that. May your journey be pleasant and productive. We are all equals here , we are all one.

Forum List

Back