Zone1 I Am SO done With My Church!!!

I was just watching the online Christmas Eve service since I couldn't make it tonight and I turned it off when they said that they could take the time to learn everybody's pronouns and that this was a safe place for them to be.

What the actual heck!? Sure I want everybody to feel safe, but sounds to me like they're pushing an agenda and not having people feel condemned for their sins.

There's love and then there's acceptance. I would much rather not go to any church than to be spoonfed this nonsense that has absolutely NO business being in God's house!! Vengeance will be His!! 😡
There are lots of bigoted churches out there. You're correct, go where you belong.

Can't pick and chose what parts of the Bible you want and don't want to believe.
You either believe in the Bible, or you don't.
One would think Christianity would be about what Christ taught. There's a lot of terrible ideas in the Bible that are not Christian in any way , shape or form.

Can't pick and chose what parts of the Bible you want and don't want to believe.
Who's Bible? Gnostics were removed from it. Old Testament is Jewish Bible.
Are you including everything in the New Testament, which was created by a committee by the Roman Emperor, or do you only believe in the statements of Jesus - like Thomas Jefferson (my take).
The Mormon documents?

My take, if Jesus didn't say it, its not the Bible.

Oh I don't know about that. True I believe in the big stuff like Jesus dying for our sins, but humans aren't perfect and I don't find the Bible to be flawless since although it was inspired by God, it wasn't actually written by Him.

How many Bibles are there to choose from? ANSWER: Many.
Irrelevant
If a person is using the Bible as a point of reference to say what is right and wrong, then you don't get to disregard the parts you don't like.
You can't have it both ways.
You either believe it is the rule and guide of faith, or you don't. Picking and choosing is subjective, so can not be referenced as a fact.

One would think Christianity would be about what Christ taught. There's a lot of terrible ideas in the Bible that are not Christian in any way , shape or form.
If you are referring to the Old Testament, that is not at all what anyone is talking about here.

Oh I don't know about that. True I believe in the big stuff like Jesus dying for our sins, but humans aren't perfect and I don't find the Bible to be flawless since although it was inspired by God, it wasn't actually written by Him.
And that is perfectly reasonable and fine, all I am saying is a person can't reference one piece out of the Bible and say it is what should be used to define belief, but then disregard another passage.
It either is, or is not a rule and guide for beliefs.

Who's Bible? Gnostics were removed from it. Old Testament is Jewish Bible.
Are you including everything in the New Testament, which was created by a committee by the Roman Emperor, or do you only believe in the statements of Jesus - like Thomas Jefferson (my take).
The Mormon documents?

My take, if Jesus didn't say it, its not the Bible.
You are missing the point.
I am not offering an opinion.
A person can't say they believe only the parts Jesus spoke, because we have absolutely no way of knowing what he said, because a man wrote those quotes many-many years after Jesus stated them.
You can't believe in only one part or that part by picking and choosing what you like - say that is the facts - but disregard the rest because "it is written by men" - the whole thing is written by men.

Irrelevant
If a person is using the Bible as a point of reference to say what is right and wrong, then you don't get to disregard the parts you don't like.
You either believe it is the rule and guide of faith, or you don't. Picking and choosing is subjective, so can not be referenced as a fact.
WHICH ONE?

Old testament?
Gnostic?
Eastern Orthodox?
New Testament?
-the one in Latin?
-the one in English?
-King James?

You are missing the point.
I am not offering an opinion.
A person can't say they believe only the parts Jesus spoke, because we have absolutely no way of knowing what he said, because a man wrote those quotes many-many years after Jesus stated them.
You can't believe in only one part or that part by picking and choosing what you like - say that is the facts - but disregard the rest because "it is written by men" - the whole thing is written by men.
Sure we can. use only the parts attributed to Jesus. There are even Bibles where that is redlined.
Are you using the Old Testament? Do you believe in putting sinners like adulterers to death and priests giving abortions?

WHICH ONE?

Old testament?
Gnostic?
Eastern Orthodox?
New Testament?
-the one in Latin?
-the one in English?
-King James?
It doesn't matter which one, again, you are missing the point.
My only point is - a person can't quote a verse in the New Testament, and say, essentially, "this is the rule" - but say something else in the same New testament isn't a rule.
That is picking and choosing, which is subjective. Can't make a subjective objective because a person wants to.

Sure we can. use only the parts attributed to Jesus. There are even Bibles where that is redlined.
Are you using the Old Testament? Do you believe in putting sinners like adulterers to death and priests giving abortions?
I have never said my beliefs here.
The "red" parts are also written by men. It is not what Jesus actually said, we have no way of knowing what he said. Those "red" verses were written by numerous authors and changed many times.
My beliefs have nothing to do with saying a person can't say "this is the rule" out of a book and say :this part is fact" - and say another isn't - because they are both written by people, and changes dozens of times.

Irrelevant
The Bible was written by humans , who may or may not have been divinely inspired. There are a lot of contradictions in it. No one can believe it all , fools might believe they do , but it's impossible because of all the contradictions.

My only point is - a person can't quote a verse in the New Testament, and say, essentially, "this is the rule" - but say something else in the same New testament isn't a rule.
Generally speaking...? Perhaps. But It may not be hard and fast.

Not everything is the Bible is about me, or about you, or about him, or her. Not everything is about a single community, nation, or family. What may be right one day, may not be right the next.

Examples: Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. But...don't hide your lamp under a basket. You doubled what I gave you...well done. But...give to the poor. Gather and pray together. Pray alone in a closet.

That is picking and choosing, which is subjective. Can't make a subjective objective because a person wants to.
Sure you can. Ignore Paul because he never was with Jesus. Ignore the Old Testament because it was not about Jesus or Jesus' gospel. Ignore anything that is not purporting to be about Jesus or his gospel.

But if you do that, then women are equal and can you can't get your Gayz Hate on.

How many Bibles are there to choose from? ANSWER: Many.
Irrelevant
It is extremely relevant.
If a person is using the Bible as a point of reference to say what is right and wrong,
The bible is only a guideline. It wasn't written by god, or Jesus, or mohammad. Why do you think there are bible studies? Why do you think there are the old testament and the new testament? Why do you think there is catechism? Why do you think there are Catholics and Protestants and Jim Jones and Applewhite and all of the others? Why do you think there are so many interpretations? Why do you think the OP's church is different than the others? And the ANSWER is ..... you don't know.
... then you don't get to disregard the parts you don't like.
"Like"? "Don't like"? "Believe"? "Don't believe"? "Disbelieve"? You are sleepwalking.
That's right. You have to choose. But you just said that you can't.
I've just proven you wrong by your own contradictions. You are definitely sleepwalking.

Sure you can. Ignore Paul because he never was with Jesus. Ignore the Old Testament because it was not about Jesus or Jesus' gospel. Ignore anything that is not purporting to be about Jesus or his gospel.

But if you do that, then women are equal and can you can't get your Gayz Hate on.
That is an absurd view, as well as you have a strange habit of putting words/thoughts/beliefs into my head without having ever met me, or know anything whatsoever I believe or don't believe.
And that is intellectually dishonest.
I am not a judge of anyone, and neither is anyone else as long as that action doesn't harm another person.
I have gay friends, 2 gay nephews and my wife and I have a favorite restaurant that is owned by 2 lesbians that hire only trans/gay/lesbian servers. I have no issue with alternate lifestyles as long as no one else is harmed.
My only point has been about the flaw of saying something out of a written book is a "rule" (that was written by men) and then say this other part is not a rule... wait for it... because it is written by men.
That is a fallacy.

The Bible is subjective by it's own nature.

Forum List

Back