If you live in America

You do realize that this is about the...ummm...well, I stopped counting. It's been said a lot. I even made a list once of people who need to "Get the !@#$ out!"

I am new here and just had to say it lol

Yeah, so why are they still here? If they don't have the sense to realize they CAN leave, I'm not going to take them seriously.

To tell someone to leave their country because they don't like its current conditions shows the signs of narrow-mindedness. If people do not complain or grieve about the conditions in which they live, if they complacently go about their routine without facing the truth of injustices then America will never undergo change. If people do not recognize their own consciences, which make them aware of the evils of prejudice that still exist, then America does not evolve. Where would our nation be without complainers? Without people who didn't like the conditions in which they lived? African Americans, women, and all minorities alike, have announced the injustices subjected on them. With their loud voices America has perpetually evolved into an ever more democratic state, with more and more representation of the citizenry, and more and more participation among all legitimate groups of people. When someone says they don't like America, don't tell them to leave; ask them how everyone can improve it.

Wasn't America born because people didn't like the country they lived in and demanded some change?

Originally posted by Scourge
Wasn't America born because people didn't like the country they lived in and demanded some change?

So they demanded changes in their respective countries. Then they moved out of their countries because they didn't like it and thought they would be better off elsewhere. Good post, Scourge, and good advice to those that are anti-American.

Originally posted by jsmalls14
To tell someone to leave their country because they don't like its current conditions shows the signs of narrow-mindedness. If people do not complain or grieve about the conditions in which they live, if they complacently go about their routine without facing the truth of injustices then America will never undergo change. If people do not recognize their own consciences, which make them aware of the evils of prejudice that still exist, then America does not evolve. Where would our nation be without complainers? Without people who didn't like the conditions in which they lived? African Americans, women, and all minorities alike, have announced the injustices subjected on them. With their loud voices America has perpetually evolved into an ever more democratic state, with more and more representation of the citizenry, and more and more participation among all legitimate groups of people. When someone says they don't like America, don't tell them to leave; ask them how everyone can improve it.

We're not referring to the people who don't like the current administration, we're talking abou those people who burn flags and show support for terrorism. I've seen one of them holding a sign proclaiming that they like NY better without the WTC.

Originally posted by Hobbit
We're not referring to the people who don't like the current administration, we're talking abou those people who burn flags and show support for terrorism. I've seen one of them holding a sign proclaiming that they like NY better without the WTC.

Here are a couple of examples of people that I think should be on the next plane out of the country.

117-1743_IMG.JPG

117-1723_IMG4.jpg

118-1848_IMG.JPG

Re: We're not referring to the people who don't like the current administration, we're talking abou those people who burn flags and show support for terrorism. I've seen one of them holding a sign proclaiming that they like NY better without the WTC.

I just felt the comment that people who don't like the U.S. ought to leave was a somewhat undemocratic. As for the flag burners and those who praise terrorists and their murderous ideologies, I am sickened by them. One must not enjoy their country, necessarily, but to support people who attack it marks treason in my mind. Those people should be stripped of their citizenship.

Originally posted by jsmalls14
Re: We're not referring to the people who don't like the current administration, we're talking abou those people who burn flags and show support for terrorism. I've seen one of them holding a sign proclaiming that they like NY better without the WTC.

I just felt the comment that people who don't like the U.S. ought to leave was a somewhat undemocratic. As for the flag burners and those who praise terrorists and their murderous ideologies, I am sickened by them. One must not enjoy their country, necessarily, but to support people who attack it marks treason in my mind. Those people should be stripped of their citizenship.

Then we are in agreement. there is dissent and then there is aiding and abedding the enemy. Otherwise known as treason.

A disagreement in policy is cool and is expected because you cant please everyone. But when people say "i Hate president Bush". Or "we should put that SOB Rumsfield up against a wall and say this is one of our bad days and pull the trigger", thats beyond the line.

I remmeber disagreeing with Clintons policies. I remmebering hating alot of clintons policies. But i never said i hate Bill clinton or compared him with the Anti-Christ or Hitler. Those are the kinds of people i have a serious problem with.

Originally posted by jimnyc
So they demanded changes in their respective countries. Then they moved out of their countries because they didn't like it and thought they would be better off elsewhere. Good post, Scourge, and good advice to those that are anti-American.

I meant people living in what is NOW known as the US of A. When they were under british rule... they were pissed and instaed of moving, they changed the country for the better. yes, they changed it into a NEW country, but it really was just the same people and the same land, just out from the under the thumb of oppression. So there you go. Change is good if you want it. And everyone has a right to want to effect it if they see a problem.

If your family was falling apart would you leave and just go make a new one?

Originally posted by Scourge
When they were under british rule... they were pissed and instaed of moving, they changed the country for the better. yes, they changed it into a NEW country, but it really was just the same people and the same land, just out from the under the thumb of oppression. So there you go. Change is good if you want it. And everyone has a right to want to effect it if they see a problem.

And if someone protests by calling for violence against our soldiers, ridiculing the WTC collapse, wishing death to our president or comparing the government to nazis - we reserve the right to tell them to fuck off and move out of the country.

Originally posted by jimnyc
And if someone protests by calling for violence against our soldiers, ridiculing the WTC collapse, wishing death to our president or comparing the government to nazis - we reserve the right to tell them to fuck off and move out of the country.

In this most specific example you've mentioned (?) you have every right to say anything. You can even march along side of them. I don't think you should have to move out of NYC Jim, even if you hate people like that. You can, and should have the right to change things, by demonstrating for the war, or against hippies, or trying to pass a law that bans burning the flag or whatever. Go for it. And if the originator of this thread thinks you should move away if you have problems - I'll back you up, my severely antagonistsic equal brother! Preach on!

I have no need to march, protest or be alongside any of these cockroaches. Let them whine like the bitches they are while I sit at home knowing I'm happy and getting what I want from my country and government.

Now, if one of these losers burns a flag near my property, or gets in my way while trying to conduct my daily business - then he's going to find his sorry ass protesting on the ground looking up.

Rock on man. I can't type as fast and i gotta go, but fer sure.

And hey, if you change your mind, and decide to march to protest John Kerry or anyone, I'll defend your right to do so, even if I disagree with most of what you say.

Vive la difference!

You won't see me protesting by advocating violence against our soldiers and government, I'm not a cockroach. As long as you don't take your shit in my neighborhood you can have all the differences you like.

Most of the time I don't think these protesters have any clue why they are protesting.

I have a relative living in San Fran and she admitted to marching someplace within that city against the war and against Bush with a crowd from work. I asked her why and she said 'just cause'
I asked against 'Just cause what?'....Hello? She could only state that she was against the war and against Bush....now here is the real kick in the head - she and the few she was with are not even registered voters! So what difference did it make? They protest against Bush and yet have no intentions of using their power to change that...via the vote.
So I believe a lot of these people are just following along what their friends are doing because it seems the popular choice at the time.

As for leaving if you don't like it - yes you should leave if you dont like this country. Too many people are so spoiled they have no idea how good they have it in America. If you feel so disgusted - yes you can change it but one way of changing it is by voting, if you cannot or will not do that than your other choice is to leave.

i thought this was a free country? if i buy a us flag and feel i want to burn it i should have that right. 'not that i would" THe point is we live in a free country? or at least i thought we did.

Originally posted by alan1234567890
i thought this was a free country? if i buy a us flag and feel i want to burn it i should have that right. 'not that i would" THe point is we live in a free country? or at least i thought we did.

Yes you do. And i have every right to come over and beat the shit out of you for doing it.

Forum List

Back