Major Storm here

OMG!!!! Jersey uses salt! What a fucking concept!!!

For some colossally retarded reason, NoVA sees no reason to use any fucking salt.

And, for some reason I keep thinking of Chicago's Honorable Mayor Jane Burne's reelection that never happened.

My hood's roads STILL are not fucking plowed. Get this, had to hire a flatbed to come into this area, pick my car up, and take it out (I live on a hill and have a small and light car). I parked in a church lot overnight. Once out - now, this is too rich - I see VDOT plowing a fucking park parking lot. Yup, I am sure that folks around here are going to go for a quick set of tennis before their picnic. WTF? Why the hell do I pay taxes? Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I am one mad person.

They used it when I lived there. Ruined a set of rims for me.:evil:

Salt is overrated. It eats everything on and under your car. I can't tell you how many times I'v ehad to replace exhaust systems and crap because they were eaten up with the damn salt. Can't get away from it. :evil:
I'd rather salt and clear roads. The lost productivity and danger far outweighs anything else salt offers.

They used it when I lived there. Ruined a set of rims for me.:evil:
Maybe they are out. Who knows. But, I haven't seen any use of salt since I moved here late fall. I saw no salt use with the first snow, and none now.

Vote 'em out.

Problem is they don't have enough for major storms. When they ran out on us in 96 they used a dirt/gravel mix. That was REALLY lovely.:lol:
And that is a perfect example of piss-poor planning. Any chemical engineer knows that you design for possible maximum capacity. Sewer systems are not designed for averages, for example.

I just measured a foot exactly of extra snow. There's now three feet on the ground. There was a whiteout for about twenty minutes this morning at like 9:30. This shit is crazy. I'm glad they finally closed Bolling AFB so I don't have to go to work, and I'm off until Tuesday. YES!! Every county in the state of maryland under a blizzard warning... don't think that's EVER happened.

We have close to a foot here too, almost all of it since 6:00 this morning and it's not slowing down at all. Hope it starts moving on soon!

The storm fizzled out in my area ... thankfully!

I have to ask a question.
Do folks in your area freak out when they hear of snow, running to the store to get bread and milk? It truly amazes me that the folks in my area do this.

Snow storm = bread and milk.

:wtf:

Do folks in your area freak out when they hear of snow, running to the store to get bread and milk? It truly amazes me that the folks in my area do this.

Yes.

Yes, they act as if they won't get out of the house for weeks on end.

We got 2 feet yesterday, shoveled three times and hubs is out again right now scooping the last 4 inches or so. The roads are drivable although I doubt we'll go out cause there isn't anything we need. Son wants to go to Target 'just for something to do'. Really? Go play in the snow.

We ended up with about 18 inches. I got up this morning, found out the schools were closed again, re-dug out the car from teh plow and the asshole neighbor, tried to get the kids to the sitter so I could go to work...an hour later, I'm back home again. 18 inches of snow + gravel rural mountain roads = Me staying home one more day.

We ended up with about 18 inches. I got up this morning, found out the schools were closed again, re-dug out the car from teh plow and the asshole neighbor, tried to get the kids to the sitter so I could go to work...an hour later, I'm back home again. 18 inches of snow + gravel rural mountain roads = Me staying home one more day.

I hate asshole neighbors.

Yes.

Yes, they act as if they won't get out of the house for weeks on end.

We got 2 feet yesterday, shoveled three times and hubs is out again right now scooping the last 4 inches or so. The roads are drivable although I doubt we'll go out cause there isn't anything we need. Son wants to go to Target 'just for something to do'. Really? Go play in the snow.

Thinking back to the Blizzard of 78 up in Boston. No one could have predicted the snowfall at that time. A state of emergency ... cars abandoned and buried all along the highways. It was crazy! I remember walking to the store for groceries, along with all the neighbors.

Forum List

Back