Major Storm here

Yeah, it's starting up here now. We should get about 12" by tomorrow night. I'm going into work but I can work from home once it starts getting bad until it's over.

I got shoveled out this weekend (with help) so I'm staying with it every couple of hours until he gets home then he can do it. He has to work until 8 tonight.

I have to get food too.

Good luck everyone affected. Keep warm and safe.

Not even Urban Dictionary could help me with this one. :confused: (Snow women?)

Screw you ,If you dont know the dif between hoes ,whose and what ever mother fucker.
I just dont know what to type,Make your final arrangements .
Your aneurysm is on order.
Laugh it up .

Anybody know what's wrong with Mr. Fitnah?

I don't snow.

Our weather just updated to a foot and half or more by the time it ends Wed. night. My kids have off Fri and Mon (president's day and a teacher in-service day). My prediction . . . they will have off tomorrow and Thurs as well making for a week off. It's good to be a kid.

Nat'l Weather Service out of State College has us down for 13 - 18 inches total. At least the kiddos will be happy.

Nat'l Weather Service out of State College has us down for 13 - 18 inches total. At least the kiddos will be happy.

Mini Echo and I are going to build a snowman outside the condo today. The snow is perfect for it today!

Mini Echo and I are going to build a snowman outside the condo today. The snow is perfect for it today!

As long as it isn't that dry powdery stuff you can't make a good snowball with, we'll have fun. Of course even with that there's always whitewashing.

A good snow is hell on the grownup stuff but brings out the kid in me, what can I say? :lol:

Yep. But if you need a thin little windbreaker you're in good shape. Thank you, slow boat from China. :rolleyes:

In the dead of winter my youngest got a bathing suit last weekend . . . but not a snow boot in sight. Guess I should have thought of blizzards last July.

My youngest doesn't have any snow boots so I'm headed off to Good Will in a bit to see if I get lucky. Probably not.

What's that? I'm a super nice mom looking all over for snow boots for her? Nah . . . I want her to have snow boots so she can get her butt outside tomorrow and shovel! lol

Yep. But if you need a thin little windbreaker you're in good shape. Thank you, slow boat from China. :rolleyes:

In the dead of winter my youngest got a bathing suit last weekend . . . but not a snow boot in sight. Guess I should have thought of blizzards last July.

My youngest doesn't have any snow boots so I'm headed off to Good Will in a bit to see if I get lucky. Probably not.

What's that? I'm a super nice mom looking all over for snow boots for her? Nah . . . I want her to have snow boots so she can get her butt outside tomorrow and shovel! lol

What do they expect parents to do, guess a size six months in advance and punt? I feel your pain. I have one with boots and one whose size I guessed wrong all those months ago when you could actually buy them, not sure what she's going to do. This isn't a sneaker snow but there's no boots to be had. Hats or gloves, either. Good luck with all that!

What do they expect parents to do, guess a size six months in advance and punt? I feel your pain. I have one with boots and one whose size I guessed wrong all those months ago when you could actually buy them, not sure what she's going to do. This isn't a sneaker snow but there's no boots to be had. Hats or gloves, either. Good luck with all that!

Wool socks and duct tape!

CRAP! Thinking about a foot was fun, but now they're saying this could be more like two. That's a big deal even here. :(

CRAP! Thinking about a foot was fun, but now they're saying this could be more like two. That's a big deal even here. :(

We have 8 inches here, mini E just walked up to the store in her snow boots, etc...but tonight more and then the 50mph winds blowing the snow everywhere. :eek: No walks then!

We have 8 inches here, mini E just walked up to the store in her snow boots, etc...but tonight more and then the 50mph winds blowing the snow everywhere. :eek: No walks then!

At least we only got about 5 inches with the last one. That helps.

No boots at Good Will or Target. Lots of flip flops at Target . . . oooh, pretty!

Oh well she will have to wear her brother's boots and they can take turns helping with the shoveling.

One good thing about this snow is that everyone knows it's coming and that it will be a whole bunch-o-snow. I can turn the phone down, unset the alarm, and sleep in past 5a.m. tomorrow. :D

They allow people near DC to have CHAINSAWS ??? :eek:

In Virginia yeah, in DC and Maryland ya probably have to have a permit approved by the local Chief of Police, Mayor, Council Member, County Executive, Tax Collector, Dog Catcher, etc, ad nausium........
Hell you aught to see the paperwork involved in registering a spit wad in DC! Not to mention the $550 fee and micro stamping costs.

HOLD ON THERE!! That's not fair, not fair at all.:lol:

YES in Maryland you pretty much have to have a permit to use a damn butter knife. BUT the cops out here are all punks and don't really tend to give a shit anyway. Most Marylanders stay packing heat... most don't bother to get their guns registered. In matter of fact, they make registering a gun so damn complicated, most people don't even know how to in the state. So why bother?

And you can't register a spit wad in DC, but if you spit in the city of Baltimore you'll have to fill out papers that pertain to your arrest and incarceration, since it's illegal to spit on the sidewalks. Damn shame.:lol:

They are now just calling for 5-8" here. Under normal circumstances, everyone would be freaking. Now we're relieved that that's all that's forecasted. My son's school is closed again tomorrow, but I'm not sure about mine. To be honest, I'd rather go in.

Please keep me updated on D.C. Kid #1 is planning on coming home Friday.

Forum List

Back