Winter is here, but it’s losing its cool

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Winter is here, but it’s losing its cool​

21 Dec 2024 ~~ By Elsa Raffa

CNN — Winter is here, but for most of the United States, it’s feeling less and less like it.

At 10:27 p.m. ET on Thursday, Earth’s Northern Hemisphere will be at its greatest tilt from the sun, marking the winter solstice: the shortest day of the year and the official start of the coldest season.
But winter is warming rapidly because of human-caused climate change and it’s having an impact on snow, tourism, winter sports, local economies, dinner plates and even allergies.
The winter period from December to February is now the fastest-warming of the three-month seasons for nearly 75% of the US, according to an analysis of NOAA temperature data by Climate Central, a nonprofit climate research group.
The analysis looked at average winter temperatures for 240 locations across the US and found the winter warming trend covers every corner of the map — temperatures had warmed in 97%, or 233, of the spots since 1970.
Winter temperatures increased by 3.8 degrees Fahrenheit on average since 1970 in these warming locations. Winters in the fastest-warming cities have warmed by as much as 7 degrees.
The Northeast and Upper Midwest are the regions warming fastest, and are running a nearly 5-degree winter fever. This includes some ski towns like Burlington, Vermont, (7.7 degree increase) and Concord, New Hampshire (6.6 degree increase). Winter in notoriously cold Milwaukee is now 6.7 degrees warmer on average.
For many, a little extra winter warmth may sound nice. But milder winters come with consequences.
~Snip~
The warmer, longer growing season also increases exposure to pests and pollen, worsening allergies.
Worse yet, for winter lovers: The season of sniffles and sneezes will also be here sooner than you might expect — warming winters are causing spring to start weeks ahead of schedule.

Commemtary:
We've experienced sub-freezing, and in some cases, subzero temperatures for the last few days. So much so that some water systems failed. Several nights on end of temps in the m teens. All we can do is to wait for warmer temps which we should get in the next day or two.
I moved from upper New York to Morth Carolina to get away from cold, snow and high taxes.
We’ve been in the high teens, low twenties overnight in mid North Carolina.
Is there any lie that works to the favor of the DNCCP spouted by CNN and the rest of the media that isn't believed by their leftwing audience no matter the evidence to the contrary? (I know, rhetorically.)
Last year here in North Carolina, we didn't get snow until March 1 and it was maybe an inch at that. We had one or two cold nights in the teens that I can recall and coming from the Southern Teir Oblast of the People's Republic of New York where freezing pipes were always a concern, and plowing my driveway.
This year, meaning right bloody the temps in the teens overnight. In fact, I need to go out and put air in my tires at Sheetz before the Tesla heads crowd me out from the air pump, but that current 18° (wind chill 9°) is making me think that another cup of coffee is a better and warmer idea.
It appears that Elsa Raffa is an avid follower of both Al Gore and John Kerry who have been spouting these lies.

Last edited:
LOL....Global-Whatever predictions.....It's always:

OIP.KG__uS6ECqAR55W-FfgQMwAAAA

Winter is here, but it’s losing its cool​

21 Dec 2024 ~~ By Elsa Raffa

CNN — Winter is here, but for most of the United States, it’s feeling less and less like it.

At 10:27 p.m. ET on Thursday, Earth’s Northern Hemisphere will be at its greatest tilt from the sun, marking the winter solstice: the shortest day of the year and the official start of the coldest season.
But winter is warming rapidly because of human-caused climate change and it’s having an impact on snow, tourism, winter sports, local economies, dinner plates and even allergies.
The winter period from December to February is now the fastest-warming of the three-month seasons for nearly 75% of the US, according to an analysis of NOAA temperature data by Climate Central, a nonprofit climate research group.
The analysis looked at average winter temperatures for 240 locations across the US and found the winter warming trend covers every corner of the map — temperatures had warmed in 97%, or 233, of the spots since 1970.
Winter temperatures increased by 3.8 degrees Fahrenheit on average since 1970 in these warming locations. Winters in the fastest-warming cities have warmed by as much as 7 degrees.
The Northeast and Upper Midwest are the regions warming fastest, and are running a nearly 5-degree winter fever. This includes some ski towns like Burlington, Vermont, (7.7 degree increase) and Concord, New Hampshire (6.6 degree increase). Winter in notoriously cold Milwaukee is now 6.7 degrees warmer on average.
For many, a little extra winter warmth may sound nice. But milder winters come with consequences.
~Snip~
The warmer, longer growing season also increases exposure to pests and pollen, worsening allergies.
Worse yet, for winter lovers: The season of sniffles and sneezes will also be here sooner than you might expect — warming winters are causing spring to start weeks ahead of schedule.

Commemtary:
We've experienced sub-freezing, and in some cases, subzero temperatures for the last few days. So much so that some water systems failed. Several nights on end of temps in the m teens. All we can do is to wait for warmer temps which we should get in the next day or two.
I moved from upper New York to Morth Carolina to get away from cold, snow and high taxes.
We’ve been in the high teens, low twenties overnight in mid North Carolina.
Is there any lie that works to the favor of the DNCCP spouted by CNN and the rest of the media that isn't believed by their leftwing audience no matter the evidence to the contrary? (I know, rhetorically.)
Last year here in North Carolina, we didn't get snow until March 1 and it was maybe an inch at that. We had one or two cold nights in the teens that I can recall and coming from the Southern Teir Oblast of the People's Republic of New York where freezing pipes were always a concern, and plowing my driveway.
This year, meaning right bloody the temps in the teens overnight. In fact, I need to go out and put air in my tires at Sheetz before the Tesla heads crowd me out from the air pump, but that current 18° (wind chill 9°) is making me think that another cup of coffee is a better and warmer idea.
It appears that Elsa Raffa is an avid follower of both Al Gore and John Kerry who have been spouting these lies.
A cold snap does not a cold winter make. They are looking at the average temp over the entire season.

Also, said cold snap can be directly linked to global warming.

But you know both of these things, you just refuse to admit it.

Forum List

Back