Major Storm here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chanel, Feb 6, 2010.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    We have about a foot of wet snow and its not letting up Power is out. No TV computer or coffee! My only communication is my Blackberry. I'm afraid some big trees may fall on the house. This sux!!!!

What's the weather update down South?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    All clear here. Last week was a different story, however. I'll see if Al Gore can send some global warming your way.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,209
    pouring with rain here...supposed to be 35 degrees Celsius...

...yeah, let's blame Al....

4. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,120
    Just woke up to a foot of snow as well here in PA. College kid came home last night -- I think she was a little homesick. Doubtful that she'll get back tomorrow. At least the neighbor figured out to park in front of his own house and not ours so the snow plow can clear in front of our house. Why he doesn't pull his car into his drive is beyond me . . . .

Chanel, hope you get your power back. Snowed in is ok; snowed in without power sucks. No coffee? :eek: I'd break out the grill and camping supplies.

5. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,959
    NW Ohio about 4" but it's windy and drifting.

6. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

It started snowing in Indy about Noon on Friday and was heavy and constant to about 7:00. Following that it was on again, off again and right now appears to be brightening, but still overcast. The snow that fell was wet and heavy, but was snow and not rain or sleet.

I shoveled about 5 inches last night and it looks like I'll be doing the same again today.

My car is idling in the drive trying to get some Greenhouse Effect to help me out.

7. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    That's not a bad idea Zoom. My husband is a scout leader We prob have something to cook with He's trying to get out to WaWa for coffee but I have a feeling they may be closed too. My girlfriend just called A tree fell in her yard and just missed the house She's scared to death Wants my husband to come get her but its about 2 miles away. Maybe the power will come back soon but I'm not that optimistic. We're not used to this crap at the Jersey shore. I think we've had one snow day in the past 10 years.

8. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    I'm also in PA, but quite a bit north of where you are ZB (the I-80 corridor). We only have about 4 inches here but it's still snowing and the wind is picking up. It's a little messy now but that will be cleared out in an hour or so and life goes on.

And yep, break out the camping gear! Being without power is awful. Being without coffee is worse.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Here in northern IL we just had a bit of snow, enough to make walking and side streets a bit slippery. I heard that parts of PA are expecting 20" or so by the end of the day. I'd not mind that, during the week, but not on weekend! Go snowdays!

Seriously, hope all you Northeast & East Coasters keep power and have plenty of food stocked away.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  10. JenyEliza

JenyEliza Princess of Rhetoric

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +353
    Here in GA it's just cold, damp and soggy....with flooding. We've had more rain since September than we've had probably in 10 years. People here are wishing for our drought to come back.

I would have loved to get some snow out of the rain we had the past two/three days (which we sent to VA/DC/MA). We don't get snow often enough. :(

Well, hope ya'll get your power back on Chanel. If you need anyone down here, we'll be swimming around in wetsuits and frog feet. With SCUBA tanks. :D