Major Storm here

One of the benefits of natural disaster is they remind us why we're willing to put up with the loss of freedom we have to accept if we want to have a civilization.

I'll take all of that freedom you're willing to lose, since you don't seem to care about it. :rolleyes:

A little chilly up here, around 25 degrees, but a nice sunny day. Snow is coming though. They're predicting 2-4" for Monday, and 4-6" for Tuesday. I hope that damn ground hog was right, and that's it!

I think it's 8 inches here, beautiful now with the sun shining on the snow. Staying in all day, the roads should be clear by tomorrow so I can go to my Super Bowl Party! :woohoo:

Hope you get your power back soon Chanel, that would suck not having any coffee! :eek:

Power still out at my house and apparently most of the island. They are picking up seniors and giving them shelter at the firehouse. Some of the boy scouts will be helping out. God love those kids.

Power still out at my house and apparently most of the island. They are picking up seniors and giving them shelter at the firehouse. Some of the boy scouts will be helping out. God love those kids.

Yep, my 17 yo nephew is almost an Eagle Scout. He is one of the greatest teens in the whole wide world, if I do say so myself.

Good for them, hope everyone stays safe!

I think it's 8 inches here, beautiful now with the sun shining on the snow. Staying in all day, the roads should be clear by tomorrow so I can go to my Super Bowl Party! :woohoo:

Hope you get your power back soon Chanel, that would suck not having any coffee! :eek:

Wow, for once we seemed to have lucked out on a weekend. All east, west, and south of Chicago.

EZ, how excited are you about tomorrow?

Wow, for once we seemed to have lucked out on a weekend. All east, west, and south of Chicago.

EZ, how excited are you about tomorrow?

That's funny you said that! A friend drove down here from Chicago last night, we talked on the phone for an hour while he was driving on 65, said the roads got worse the farther south he came, and the traffic came to a standstill in Lafayette, IN. He counted 10 cars in the ditches on the way down, the idiots drive too fast and then BAM-they end up in a ditch and suddenly they aren't in such a hurry anymore...........

And yes,,,,,I am SUPER PUMPED about tomorrow, even took Monday off so I can enjoy the night without worrying about getting up at 6 am lol! :beer:

Very funny del Can I come visit next weekend?

I'm at the firehouse now. The scouts are setting up 40 cots. News is saying power may be out for a week. We are getting a generator - thank goodness. I've never seen anything like this.

Shoveled 1 foot off the walk and driveway before going to bed at 2am this morning. Just finished shoveling another 15 inches to get out to the street (made a shovels width path this time). Neighbor's tree is down blocking the street and was told the main adjoining road is impassable due to trees down everywhere. One big tree in my back yard is seriously leaning, thankfully in towards the woods and just as thankfully we still have power.
It's almost 2 pm and it's supposed to keep snowing until 10pm. Sucking down water and Gatorade to stay hydrated (HINT! HINT!!) and will go back out in about an hour to uncover the truck.

Shoveled 1 foot off the walk and driveway before going to bed at 2am this morning. Just finished shoveling another 15 inches to get out to the street (made a shovels width path this time). Neighbor's tree is down blocking the street and was told the main adjoining road is impassable due to trees down everywhere. One big tree in my back yard is seriously leaning, thankfully in towards the woods and just as thankfully we still have power.
It's almost 2 pm and it's supposed to keep snowing until 10pm. Sucking down water and Gatorade to stay hydrated (HINT! HINT!!) and will go back out in about an hour to uncover the truck.

Holy crap! Good luck out there soldier!

Wow Ringel My son is in DC and said 2' I thought he was exaggerating. We got the generator going Charged the laptop - no internet Hooked up the TV - no cable Aaaaagh! I am actually reading Going Rogue although there's not much light in here I may have to venture out to the local bar I think they're open This is not fun!

I'm in Clinton, Maryland...about a 35 minute drive from DC, just went outside to shovel the bullshit. Wet, heavy, and frozen. I measured 23 inches of snow, the worst of it fell this morning, and last night alot of it was just plain ice falling from the clouds. Power hasn't gone out yet but our lights have been flickering since last night. LOL It's psycological torture. And the news is saying that PEPCO has 80,000 power outages... I'm served by SMECO (southern maryland) and there's is alot less, like 15 to 20 thousand. I still have to work at 7... and I have to drive to the below ground metro station in Largo, which is going to be Hell on Earth, I already know.

I think the worst is pretty much over now though... we don't get stuff like this in DC. Schools are more likely to be closed monday and tuesday and then it's supposed to snow again, so wednesday too. Lucky little bastards.

Last edited:
Yeah I just heard another storm on Wed. I will go out of my fricken head if we have no power til then. I suspect no school Monday and Tuesday also.

I've never loved my blackberry more. And USMB. You guys are keeping me sane.

Oh and pleased ta meetcha radioman. I'm no relation to Major Garrett if that's what you were thinking. Lol

23 degrees here in Lil Rhody with not a inch of snow on the ground luckily.

Forum List

Back