Major Storm here

Husband was kidding He was delivering coffee and breakfast sandwiches to some friends. My friend got her electric back Maybe we're next. I'm worried that our Superbowl party may be canceled. That would really stink.

What Superbowl Party?

:mad:

I wasn't invited:(

I'm only about 7 miles from Dullas International where they are claiming 18 inches officially. Bull shit! I measured 29 1/2" in my front yard. It's finally stopped, good thing too, I'm exhausted from shoveling.
Quick bit of advice, make sure you clear your heat pump if you have one, wouldn't want that to conk out about now.

I'm only about 7 miles from Dullas International where they are claiming 18 inches officially. Bull shit! I measured 29 1/2" in my front yard. It's finally stopped, good thing too, I'm exhausted from shoveling.
Quick bit of advice, make sure you clear your heat pump if you have one, wouldn't want that to conk out about now.

also make sure you clear the power exhaust for your heating system if you have one. carbon monoxide's a killer.

Total about 20" here. It stopped around 1pm or so. I pulled my upper back and couldn't shovel (no, really). Hubs and college kid and son did the heavy lifting. Neighbors came and helped snow blow the end of the drive and shovel while I made homemade choc chip cookies for all. I made chicken pot pie for dinner. Yum. I like being snowed in - with electricity! Gives me an excuse not to go anywhere. My back hurts. Damn.

Man I could go for some cookies right now. I am sitting in the dark by myself. Hubby will be home after nine. I may take a sleeping pill just to pass the time away. I can't tell if it stopped yet. My biggest fear are the trees freezing and falling tonight. And of course even more power lines going out.

Wish I was at your house Zoom.

Man I could go for some cookies right now. I am sitting in the dark by myself. Hubby will be home after nine. I may take a sleeping pill just to pass the time away. I can't tell if it stopped yet. My biggest fear are the trees freezing and falling tonight. And of course even more power lines going out.

My son and I are baking cookies for church tomorrow. (It's a cub scout/webelo event.) We'll save you a couple.

We got somewhere between 26-30 inches in WV highlands...hard to tell with all the drifting.

Poor dogs....they got buried when they went out :lol:

Thanks for making me smile guys. Battery is about to die.

And xisted - go Cub Scouts! What a great organization. I was so proud of our boys today.

If you were here I'd feed you some chicken pot pie and some orange Madeline's I made. Wow, are they a tasty mouthful of deliciousness. Hope they get the power restored soon, the news said that half of Cape May was out. Sleeping pill? Go for it.

Last edited:
Ha ha. Maybe today. My husband has the generator hooked up to the coffeemaker now. First things first.

Shitty nights sleep. Security system went off because no electric and batteries went. Aaaaggh!

Definitely hitting the bar today for the game. It will probably be packed. Many people who have electric don't have cable. AC electric is telling callers to hang in til Feb 9th Personally I think they just want to tick people off for calling,

Sending the general a cyber salute.

Shelter was packed last night 40 cots and about 80 people Not sure how they handled that. But the scouts said the mood was festive All the restaurants in Cape May brought over food that was going to spoil anyway, and they had an awesome smorgasbord.

I just asked my husband if I could use the generator to blow dry my hair. Can't be going to the bar with a nappy head. He thinks I'm nuts as usual. Lok

Forum List

Back