Macron says long Trump handshake 'not innocent'

Source: Politico

Holding onto U.S. president’s hand showed he won’t make even small concessions, French leader explains.

By KAIT BOLONGARO 5/28/17, 11:30 AM CET Updated 5/28/17, 12:43 PM CET
French President Emmanuel Macron said his extended handshake with Donald Trump before a NATO summit was “not innocent” and intended to show he did not make even small concessions.

In an interview with the Journal du Dimanche published on Sunday, the French leader said his interaction with the American head of state was “a moment of truth.”

“My handshake with him was not innocent,” Macron said. “We need to show that we won’t make small concessions, even symbolic ones, while not overhyping things either.”

In the interview, Macron went on to compare Trump’s attitude to power with that of Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. “Donald Trump, the Turkish president or the Russian president believe in the logic of the trial of strength, which doesn’t bother me. I don’t believe in the diplomacy of public invective, but in my bilateral dialogues, I don’t let anything pass, that is how we are respected,” he said.

###

Read more: Macron says long Trump handshake ‘not innocent’

Europe America is no longer your friend as we elected a president that is no more then a russian fingerhead. It is sad but it is what it is.
Macron is a wimp. He would surrender to a stale baguette!

"Freedom Fries" is still hilarious after all these years!

It's what I think of when I hear things like "Look out Europe...there's a new sheriff in town".
did you know that allegedly sauerkraut was renamed to "liberty cabbage" during ww1? LOL
Isn't that when German Shepherds started getting called Alsations as well?
i did not know that. but i am surprised that they did not name the breed something like patriot dog.
"Freedom fries" was a rejection of French anti Americanism, so naturally it was adopted by the right since the left hates America almost as much as the French do.
I thought it was because the French refused to go along with the US' illegal invasion of Iraq.
The French didn't just refuse to join us in Iraq, they French and German governments based their whole political campaigns on anti Americanism. They did not behave as allies, and Freedom fries was recognition of this fact.

did you know that allegedly sauerkraut was renamed to "liberty cabbage" during ww1? LOL
i did not know that. but i am surprised that they did not name the breed something like patriot dog.
"Freedom fries" was a rejection of French anti Americanism, so naturally it was adopted by the right since the left hates America almost as much as the French do.
I thought it was because the French refused to go along with the US' illegal invasion of Iraq.
The French didn't just refuse to join us in Iraq, they French and German governments based their whole political campaigns on anti Americanism. They did not behave as allies, and Freedom fries was recognition of this fact.
Laughable.

Holding onto U.S. president’s hand showed he won’t make even small concessions, French leader explains.

French President Emmanuel Macron said his extended handshake with Donald Trump before a NATO summit was “not innocent” and intended to show he did not make even small concessions.

In an interview with the Journal du Dimanche published on Sunday, the French leader said his interaction with the American head of state was “a moment of truth.”

“My handshake with him was not innocent,” Macron said. “We need to show that we won’t make small concessions, even symbolic ones, while not overhyping things either.”

In the interview, Macron went on to compare Trump’s attitude to power with that of Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. “Donald Trump, the Turkish president or the Russian president believe in the logic of the trial of strength, which doesn’t bother me. I don’t believe in the diplomacy of public invective, but in my bilateral dialogues, I don’t let anything pass, that is how we are respected,” he said.

###

Europe America is no longer your friend as we elected a president that is no more then a russian fingerhead. It is sad but it is what it is.
Macron is a wimp. He would surrender to a stale baguette!
OK Smedly BUT did he punk his way out of a war begging off on a bs bad ankle like dump did?

"Freedom Fries"!!!!
Ahahahahahaaaaa!

"Freedom Fries"!!!!
Ahahahahahaaaaa!
Clearly, it was an effective enough rejection of French anti Americanism to still resonate with you.

"Freedom Fries"!!!!
Ahahahahahaaaaa!
Clearly, it was an effective enough rejection of French anti Americanism to still resonate with you.
Yeah, the whole world is still laughing about pouting butthurt merkan morons. That resonates. Freedom fries.

"Freedom Fries"!!!!
Ahahahahahaaaaa!
Why do you call it anti Americanism?? All it was was a country that didn't buy gwb republican lies and BS Just because all you repubs did don't blame France

###

So the little french fagot is into micro aggression, who knew? LMAO

###

Trump's handshake showed that he was saying goodbye as France swirled down the Muslim toilet bowl.
Yeah yeah yeah....Great Britain, France, Germany ALL BAD!

Murderous Russia's Putin, Turkey's Ergodin Now GOOD.....

You guys are TRAITORS, just like your small hand guy.....

###

Trump's handshake showed that he was saying goodbye as France swirled down the Muslim toilet bowl.
Yeah yeah yeah....Great Britain, France, Germany ALL BAD!

Murderous Russia's Putin, Turkey's Ergodin Now GOOD.....

You guys are TRAITORS, just like your small hand guy.....

Yep,

Probably the main reason that they love Russia, Turkey and other Relgious fascist shit holes is agree that anyone in LBGT should be wiped out and that religion should be shoved down our throats.

These people are traitors and humanities trash.

"Freedom Fries"!!!!
Ahahahahahaaaaa!
It was a national pout.
Yep, it's still hilarious after all these years.

"Freedom Fries"!!!!
Ahahahahahaaaaa!
Why do you call it anti Americanism?? All it was was a country that didn't buy gwb republican lies and BS Just because all you repubs did don't blame France
I've noticed that, generally, when a country goes against American policy when a Republican is in power it's 'anti-American'.
If a Democrat is in power they're putting the Pussy-In-Chief in their place.

"Freedom Fries"!!!!
Ahahahahahaaaaa!
You see? People like you who call themselves liberals hate the US. Whenever some one attacks the US, you join right in.

###

Wonder how many dead French people before the French start burning effigies of Macron? Meh, don't matter any way. France is kind of a has been on the world stage. We can do with out them.

"Freedom Fries"!!!!
Ahahahahahaaaaa!
You see? People like you who call themselves liberals hate the US. Whenever some one attacks the US, you join right in.
Who attacked the US?

###

Wonder how many dead French people before the French start burning effigies of Macron? Meh, don't matter any way. France is kind of a has been on the world stage. We can do with out them.
I'm sure you'll report back as soon as this happens...you know...as proof...of something...

Forum List

Back