Macron says long Trump handshake 'not innocent'

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Source: Politico

Holding onto U.S. president’s hand showed he won’t make even small concessions, French leader explains.

By KAIT BOLONGARO 5/28/17, 11:30 AM CET Updated 5/28/17, 12:43 PM CET
French President Emmanuel Macron said his extended handshake with Donald Trump before a NATO summit was “not innocent” and intended to show he did not make even small concessions.

In an interview with the Journal du Dimanche published on Sunday, the French leader said his interaction with the American head of state was “a moment of truth.”

“My handshake with him was not innocent,” Macron said. “We need to show that we won’t make small concessions, even symbolic ones, while not overhyping things either.”

In the interview, Macron went on to compare Trump’s attitude to power with that of Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. “Donald Trump, the Turkish president or the Russian president believe in the logic of the trial of strength, which doesn’t bother me. I don’t believe in the diplomacy of public invective, but in my bilateral dialogues, I don’t let anything pass, that is how we are respected,” he said.

###

Read more: Macron says long Trump handshake ‘not innocent’

Europe America is no longer your friend as we elected a president that is no more then a russian fingerhead. It is sad but it is what it is.

Now they've sank to crying about Trump shaking hands as some sort of proof of something. Maybe life on Mars?

Trump shakes hands! Impeach the bastard!

Holding onto U.S. president’s hand showed he won’t make even small concessions, French leader explains.

French President Emmanuel Macron said his extended handshake with Donald Trump before a NATO summit was “not innocent” and intended to show he did not make even small concessions.

In an interview with the Journal du Dimanche published on Sunday, the French leader said his interaction with the American head of state was “a moment of truth.”

“My handshake with him was not innocent,” Macron said. “We need to show that we won’t make small concessions, even symbolic ones, while not overhyping things either.”

In the interview, Macron went on to compare Trump’s attitude to power with that of Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. “Donald Trump, the Turkish president or the Russian president believe in the logic of the trial of strength, which doesn’t bother me. I don’t believe in the diplomacy of public invective, but in my bilateral dialogues, I don’t let anything pass, that is how we are respected,” he said.

###

Europe America is no longer your friend as we elected a president that is no more then a russian fingerhead. It is sad but it is what it is.

Trump is making your life miserable... good...

###

Good. Good. Now Matt, strike me down with all your hatred and your journey to the dark side will be complete

###

Good. Good. Now Matt, strike me down with all your hatred and your journey to the dark side will be complete

Too bad I am on my phone... A good Meme of God is needed.

###

Trump's handshake showed that he was saying goodbye as France swirled down the Muslim toilet bowl.

###

Macron is a clown. Let's see if he can win some respect in dealing with France's terrorism problems and sagging economy or if he is only good at shaking hands.

###

Macron is a Rothschild puppet and France will continue to swirl the drain as they continue to submit to radical muslims.

###

WTF is a fingerhead?

(For the home audience, this is the second time I have asked!)

###

Macron is a Rothschild puppet and France will continue to swirl the drain as they continue to submit to radical muslims.
I agree, i am French and Macron went to far...Trump wont forget the handshake, i say : you do you think you are Macron ? a little Sissy that no one will went you in 5 Years.

###

I agree, i am French and Macron went to far...Trump wont forget the handshake, i say : you do you think you are Macron ? a little Sissy that no one will went you in 5 Years.
In his interview Macron described France's relationship with the US as one of conflict, which may win him some support among the notoriously anti American French, but will make it much more difficult for France to deal with the US or our European allies such as Italy, Poland or the UK.

Last edited:

###

In his interview Macron described France's relationship with the US as one of conflict, which may win him some support among the notoriously anti American French, but will make it much more difficult for France to deal with the US or our European allies such as Italy, Poland or the UK.
Yes, Here in France there is a lot of anti American it is in the French culture I think, even if it is you Americans who made the sacrifice of the landing in Normandie, the French not recognizing it, except the Normans, I am the opposite I am a pro pro American

###

You're ignoring the anti-French on the Right in the US? Remember "Freedom Fries"?

Forum List

Back