List of Worst Acts in the Name of Religion

The death of Jesus Christ

ironically, thats also the greatest act.

Not sure how the supposed death of one mytholigical figure somehow overshadows the millions Christians have killed over two thousand years doing "God's work".

So what Roman Catholics did hundreds of years ago can be blamed on today's Christians.

That's like saying that today's German needs to pay for the sins of the Third Reich.

Heck....it's not even that close.

Spaniard and Italian Catholics have nothing whatsoever to do with American Christians.

Only if they promote those same beliefs that led to WWII.

Read what people on this site say about gays. Many, many right wingers "sigh" when they talk about gays being murdered overseas. Not a "sigh" meaning "why talk about this again", but rather a "sigh" of "wish we could do that here".

Last edited by a moderator:
☭proletarian☭;1829807 said:
To claim Jesus was a mythological character is clearly ignorant. Don't compare a documented historical figure who even recently has had a coin found with his name on it
When was that coin from again, retard? We also have statues of Zeus :rolleyes:

I found a coin with Kennedy's picture on it. Kennedy must be a god!

Jesus mowed my lawn all last summer.

Last edited:
I finally got it!!

The USMESSAGEBOARD's religion and ethics threads!!

After reading some of the posts on this thread, you have to wonder why religion even exists!!:tongue:

The worst thing done in the name of religion is the refusal to consider new evidence and honestly search for truth and understanding. It is that glorification of ignorance which leads to so much of the atrocities done in the names of the gods.

some of the worst acts would have to include -
Pat Boones metal album
Stryper
the Osmonds
the Ted Haggard comeback special
the Tammy Faye and Jim Baker cryfest

I'm looking to list as many as I can think of. Help me out if you can. This is in no particular order of deviance.

1. The witch hunts and burnings of early colonial America and medieval Europe.

2. Human Sacrifices of Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs, Olmecs and other New World tribes.

3. Suicide bombings in the middle east.

4. World Trade Center attacks.

5. The crusades of Christendom

6. The crusades of Islam

7. Death warrants for all who wouldn't worship King Nebuchadnezzar's idols.

8. Islamic genocide of Turks on Armenians

9. Christian genocide of Native Americans who wouldn't convert.

10. Al Qaeda

11. The Gadianton Robbers of ancient America

12. The gladiator "games" of the Roman coliseum in honor of their gods.

13. The coerced marriages in the name of religion.(Islam, Christians, Hindus and other religions have been guilty of this.)

14. Infant baptism doctrine of Roman Catholic Church.

15. The Spanish Inquisition.

16. The execution of Jesus and his apostles

17. The execution of Joseph Smith and many other mormons for being blasphemous.

18. Lynchings of the Ku Klux Klan.

Some of these were not really religiously driven -like Ku Klux Klan lynchings. That was actually Democrat politics at its worst. Blacks weren't killed because of their religion (which was also Christian anyway) -but because of their POLITICS. After the Civil War, liberated blacks voted Republican and not Democrat like their former masters which pissed off the loser Democrats who believed they were justified in terrorizing their former slaves as punishment for not remaining loyal to their former masters. Joseph Smith's death was far more related to his own attempts to gain political control and using violence himself to try and do it - than his own religious beliefs. Arranged marriages have existed for most of man's history -but using religion to justify them does NOT account for most of them. Jousting for increased status and political power did -so those done in the name of religious belief hardly count as being worse than those done to improve a family's status and power. And some of these other examples you have were responsible for killing far fewer people than you probably think. For example, while some -typically the anti-Catholic and anti-religious -claim the Spanish Inquisition killed MILLIONS -it didn't. That kind of stupid claim is made by those ignorant about the fact the total population of Europe and Russia combined was less than many of the hokey claims made about the numbers killed. The most credible estimates relying on the best evidence and not sheer prejudice -put the number between 3,000 and 9,000. Over a 600 year period. Being burned in effigy may have counted as good as the real thing during those times and more burning in effigy took place than the real thing in those times -but it isn't as good as the real thing when adding up real deaths. The Spanish Inquisition: A Historical Revision by Henry Kamen is considered one of the best authoritative sources on this one.

Now would you like to compare those figures with those slaughtered and killed in the name of leftist and left wing political ideology? And we won't need to go trolling ancient history to try and prove my point. No need to go back any further than the last century to figure out which is the TRUE evil and scourge of mankind here. We can start with Lenin and work our way through Stalin, Hitler (and NO, Nazism is not right wing political ideology. One totalitarian state is NOT the political opposite of another one -that is just a disagreement about who is wielding the power of the state -while they all agree in using the force and power of government to control the lives of their citizens. Nazism is LEFT WING ideology as is any form of totalitarianism. ANARCHY -no government control - is right wing political extremism) work our way around to those slaughtered by communist China which continues to rack up its numbers, not forgetting the millions slaughtered by Pol Pot before making an acknowledgment of those slaughtered in the name of left wing political ideology in South America. Left wing extremist political ideology - when it gains real control - typically means government terrorism, deadly purges, gulags, forced labor, fatal deportations, man-made famines, massive numbers of political prisoners, extrajudicial executions, show trials and genocide. Every legitimate attempt to put a number to the massive casualties at the altar of left wing political ideology is estimated between 150,000,000 and 260,000,000. Not so oddly enough, a political ideology that almost always denies the existence of God and has so often tried to actively stamp out religious belief in their populations -even using violence to try and do so. What a record of absolute HORROR with immeasurable agony and misery that can be laid directly at the "altar" of left wing political ideology. That number is nearly all those killed at the hands of their OWN leftist-controlled government. Not exactly in line with their claims that they believe in the use of government force and power to control citizens' lives because they so deeply CARE about the people and think government can take better care of them than they can take care of themselves, huh?

Religion isn't a top contender when it comes to the numbers slaughtered for and by leftist political ideologies - just in a handful of DECADES in the last century alone.

Last edited:

From what I understand service to the Gods was just a pretext. The Romans loved the fights and if religion wasn't around they would've come up with another excuse simply because they found it entertaining.

The attacks on both of them was over religion.

The excuse was weapons ownership.

So the ATF attacked Waco because of their religion??

Never heard this before. Please elaborate.

btw What religious reason caused the Feds to attack Ruby Ridge???

In the first couple of years of the Clinton Administration they wanted make an example of those people. In both cases they were Christians.

They used weapons possession as an excuse.

The record is clear. A known Lesbian was Attorney General at the time. The dirty little secret about Hillary is she likes to munch on a rug from time to time. Donna Shala was her main squeeze back then. Nothing the Gay community hates more then Christians...but they couldn't attack them for being Christian...so they made their use of weapons as an excuse to begin their assault on Christians and gun ownership in this country. After Obama is done with Health Care and Cap & Trade he's gonna start in on Immigration and gun ownership.

Where those people priests or religious leaders? If not that has to be the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard.

Did you forget the Holocaust? Germany Crusades to right the Rhinelands of all non-Christians?

Atheist are not without their horrible acts.
Stalin and the Soviets killed 10s of millions of people. Same with Maoist China. Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. People even argue that Hitler was an atheist and the Nazi's were an atheist movement.

Stalin and his cronies killed basically any detractors they could, it was not purely religious so they don't count.

"and NO, Nazism is not right wing political ideology. One totalitarian state is NOT the political opposite of another one -that is just a disagreement about who is wielding the power of the state -while they all agree in using the force and power of government to control the lives of their citizens. Nazism is LEFT WING ideology as is any form of totalitarianism."

Bullshit! The right wing can and has attempted to use government to control the lives of it's citizens, or are you going to pretend all those theocratic oafs are suddenly left wing.

Hitler was a Christian and he killed the Jews cause it is believed they are responsible for the death of Christ...

The KKK was and still is entirely a christian organization.. Racism is entirely religious based..

I'm looking to list as many as I can think of. Help me out if you can. This is in no particular order of deviance.

1. The witch hunts and burnings of early colonial America and medieval Europe.

2. Human Sacrifices of Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs, Olmecs and other New World tribes.

3. Suicide bombings in the middle east.

4. World Trade Center attacks.

5. The crusades of Christendom

6. The crusades of Islam

7. Death warrants for all who wouldn't worship King Nebuchadnezzar's idols.

8. Islamic genocide of Turks on Armenians

9. Christian genocide of Native Americans who wouldn't convert.

10. Al Qaeda

11. The Gadianton Robbers of ancient America

13. The coerced marriages in the name of religion.(Islam, Christians, Hindus and other religions have been guilty of this.)

14. Infant baptism doctrine of Roman Catholic Church.

15. The Spanish Inquisition.

16. The execution of Jesus and his apostles

17. The execution of Joseph Smith and many other mormons for being blasphemous.

18. Lynchings of the Ku Klux Klan.

I'm not sure I get the point of this thread. All of these are human acts. Are humans fallible? Sure. I don't think this has anything to do with God.

Waco TX....Ruby Ridge.

Again, read the thread title.

The Fed's attack at Waco or Ruby Ridge was NOT based on religion, and had to do with felony weapon charges. :doubt:

Waco was all about religion, the fake charges used to arrange the original raid were all about headlines. BUT what MORON plans a daylight armed incursion on a compound of 80 people armed to the teeth that THINK the Government is out to get them?

The reason that compound was chosen was because the ATF idiots that planned it thought that story line would sell positively for them. The reason the compound was razed to the ground was because Janet Reno thought ( correctly) that few people would care if she ordered the murder of 80 plus men women and children that thought that way.

Ruby Ridge was not religious in nature, but it was an example of our Government out of control.

Did you forget the Holocaust? Germany Crusades to right the Rhinelands of all non-Christians?

Stalin and the Soviets killed 10s of millions of people. Same with Maoist China. Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. People even argue that Hitler was an atheist and the Nazi's were an atheist movement.

Stalin and his cronies killed basically any detractors they could, it was not purely religious so they don't count.

But they were an atheist movement that hated religion!

Stalin did not hate religion. He hated rival religions that failed to worship him as a god and the State as the supreme authority.

But they were an atheist movement that hated religion!

They were a communist movement nothing more, if you were spreading anti commie messages in the USSR, being an atheist wouldn't prevent you from being shipped to Siberia.

☭proletarian☭;1830096 said:
☭proletarian☭;1829807 said:
When was that coin from again, retard? We also have statues of Zeus :rolleyes:

I'm past caring

Back to not caring about the facts. Thanks for proving again that not one of you is honest.

And we have evidence from before the landings that Kilroy was there frirst...
as well as Christians who were willing to die for their testimonies.

and Muslims who die for their beliefs.... and Buddhists willing to burnto death...
There is no stronger evidence than that multiplied by the millions who have patterned their lives after him based on their studies.

every other religion can say the same thing

Let's have this discussion in another thread. Go create one and I promise I'll join in.

Forum List

Back