List of Worst Acts in the Name of Religion

Truthspeaker

Αλήθεια η&
Nov 26, 2008
San Francisco
I'm looking to list as many as I can think of. Help me out if you can. This is in no particular order of deviance.

1. The witch hunts and burnings of early colonial America and medieval Europe.

2. Human Sacrifices of Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs, Olmecs and other New World tribes.

3. Suicide bombings in the middle east.

4. World Trade Center attacks.

5. The crusades of Christendom

6. The crusades of Islam

7. Death warrants for all who wouldn't worship King Nebuchadnezzar's idols.

8. Islamic genocide of Turks on Armenians

9. Christian genocide of Native Americans who wouldn't convert.

10. Al Qaeda

11. The Gadianton Robbers of ancient America

12. The gladiator "games" of the Roman coliseum in honor of their gods.

13. The coerced marriages in the name of religion.(Islam, Christians, Hindus and other religions have been guilty of this.)

14. Infant baptism doctrine of Roman Catholic Church.

15. The Spanish Inquisition.

16. The execution of Jesus and his apostles

17. The execution of Joseph Smith and many other mormons for being blasphemous.

18. Lynchings of the Ku Klux Klan.

Last edited:
The two thousand year old pogrom against the gays.

The enormously damaging effect of the American Christian "war on science".

Mountain meadow massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre

The Mountain Meadows massacre was a mass slaughter of the Fancher-Baker emigrant wagon train at Mountain Meadows, Utah Territory, by the local Mormon militia on September 11, 1857. It began as an attack, quickly turned into a siege, and eventually culminated in the execution of the unarmed emigrants after their surrender. All of the party except for seventeen children under eight years old—about 120 men, women, and children—were killed.[1] After the massacre, the corpses of the victims were left decomposing for two years on the open plain,[2] their children were distributed to local Mormon families, and many of their possessions auctioned off at the Latter Day Saint Cedar City tithing office.[3]

Last edited:
goreburn.jpg

I'm looking to list as many as I can think of. Help me out if you can. This is in no particular order of deviance.

1. The witch hunts and burnings of early colonial America and medieval Europe.

2. Human Sacrifices of Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs, Olmecs and other New World tribes.

3. Suicide bombings in the middle east.

4. World Trade Center attacks.

5. The crusades of Christendom

6. The crusades of Islam

7. Death warrants for all who wouldn't worship King Nebuchadnezzar's idols.

8. Islamic genocide of Turks on Armenians

9. Christian genocide of Native Americans who wouldn't convert.

10. Al Qaeda

11. The Gadianton Robbers of ancient America

12. The gladiator "games" of the Roman coliseum in honor of their gods.

13. The coerced marriages in the name of religion.(Islam, Christians, Hindus and other religions have been guilty of this.)

14. Infant baptism doctrine of Roman Catholic Church.

15. The Spanish Inquisition.

Geeze dude you could have left a few for us to guess :lol:

how about "The dividing of people who should be united based on various religious interpretations" much like our governments "dividing and conquering the people through the fallacy of the 2 party system"

How about the supression of knowledge with penalties of up to a horrible death as the penalty?
Like with the guy that decided the earth was not the center of the universe and had to recant or die?

Which btw still happens with virtually all religions. The enforcement methods have changed a bit thou and are often much more subtle than execution.
Thats progress baby!

Last edited:
The collection plate.

Thread over.

I wouldn't say it's evil. I'd say it's wrong. The law of tithing was given by God but the collection plate I'd say is the wrong way to collect funds. They should be donated in private without compulsion.

Mountain meadow massacre

Mountain Meadows massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mountain Meadows massacre was a mass slaughter of the Fancher-Baker emigrant wagon train at Mountain Meadows, Utah Territory, by the local Mormon militia on September 11, 1857. It began as an attack, quickly turned into a siege, and eventually culminated in the execution of the unarmed emigrants after their surrender. All of the party except for seventeen children under eight years old—about 120 men, women, and children—were killed.[1] After the massacre, the corpses of the victims were left decomposing for two years on the open plain,[2] their children were distributed to local Mormon families, and many of their possessions auctioned off at the Latter Day Saint Cedar City tithing office.[3]

This was not done in the name of religion. It was done out of revenge, but was still evil in nature.

Sister Mary Margaret cracking me in the back of my head with a ruler because I may or may not have been kneeling up straight.

The death of Jesus Christ

ironically, thats also the greatest act.

Not sure how the supposed death of one mytholigical figure somehow overshadows the millions Christians have killed over two thousand years doing "God's work".

Forum List

Back