"Lies straight from the pit of Hell"..........

What is illogical is denying what has been proven by a repeatable experiment!

You mean you HAVE proven that God is NOT energy?[/QUOTE]It has been proven that energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

Can you prove that energy can get a virgin pregnant?

That wasn't the question. Why are you ducking it?

Can you prove that God is not what you know as 'energy', or not?

Or, to put it another way, is it possible that what you know and measure as 'energy' is in fact, the manifestation of God?

Atheism is illogical, isn't it?

According to a tea party elected congress critter (who incidentally sits on the Science committee in Congress), evolution, the Big Bang and other scientific theories are lies straight from the pit of hell.

Evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are major underpinnings of mainstream science. And Georgia Republican Rep. Paul Broun, a physician who sits on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee, says they are “lies straight from the pit of hell.”

Broun, who is unopposed for reelection in November, made the comments in a videotaped Sept. 27 speech at a sportsman's banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga., according to the Associated Press.

Here are his remarks:

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

Broun spokeswoman Meredith Griffanti told the Athens Banner-Herald that “Dr. Broun was speaking off the record to a large church group about his personal beliefs regarding religious issues.”

The church had posted Broun’s full speech to YouTube on Thursday, according to the Athens Banner-Herald, but the video appears to have been removed as of Sunday.

U.S. Rep. Paul Broun: Evolution a lie 'from the pit of hell' - latimes.com

Quick question..............should a person who thinks that major theories that scientists have come up with are satanic lies really be on the House Science Committee?

Especially when he says you don't need science, you just need a Savior?
What do you want ? Maybe a committie that has no challenges or challengers that do help give it balance as it should be always ? I applaud someone for sticking up for their own convictions in their life, and there is always a place for these people in our society as well in this life, but the left who is trying to change this nation into something completely upside down anymore, well it is their wishes for no challengers or challenges to be brought against the lies in which they have told or come up with over the years, because it will up end their agenda, and well their not having that now are they? Even though this nation has been grounded in the bible and it's teachings for a few hundred years now, there is a new generation of evilness trying to upset the apple cart finally. They are succeeding as it is written, but only for a short time, because soon it will be judgement time for all.

Last edited:
But there is energy? So if it cannot be created how did it get here?
It has been proven that energy always existed and will always exist in the exact same total quantity.

Do you realize that this is not far from a biblical definition of God?
Except the God of the bible has a human personality, capable of love, anger, jealousy, etc. none of which can be said of energy. However if you want to admit that God is simply natural energy and is therefore not supernatural, I can accept that.

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Lawmakers should check their religion at the door and vote in accordance with the facts and evidence. Unfortunately many will elect not to do so, which is their privilege – but it ultimately does a disservice to the voters and Nation as a whole, as faith, perhaps appropriate in one’s personal life, is not appropriate when the needs of all the people are at stake.

It has been proven that energy always existed and will always exist in the exact same total quantity.

Do you realize that this is not far from a biblical definition of God?
Except the God of the bible has a human personality, capable of love, anger, jealousy, etc. none of which can be said of energy. However if you want to admit that God is simply natural energy and is therefore not supernatural, I can accept that.

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Does that scientifically preclude that which you know as 'energy' to NOT be God?

A simply 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.

This is your big chance as a 'scientist.' Don't fuck it up.

LOL

Forum List

Back