"Lies straight from the pit of Hell"..........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
According to a tea party elected congress critter (who incidentally sits on the Science committee in Congress), evolution, the Big Bang and other scientific theories are lies straight from the pit of hell.

Evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are major underpinnings of mainstream science. And Georgia Republican Rep. Paul Broun, a physician who sits on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee, says they are “lies straight from the pit of hell.”

Broun, who is unopposed for reelection in November, made the comments in a videotaped Sept. 27 speech at a sportsman's banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga., according to the Associated Press.

Here are his remarks:

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

Broun spokeswoman Meredith Griffanti told the Athens Banner-Herald that “Dr. Broun was speaking off the record to a large church group about his personal beliefs regarding religious issues.”

The church had posted Broun’s full speech to YouTube on Thursday, according to the Athens Banner-Herald, but the video appears to have been removed as of Sunday.

U.S. Rep. Paul Broun: Evolution a lie 'from the pit of hell' - latimes.com

Quick question..............should a person who thinks that major theories that scientists have come up with are satanic lies really be on the House Science Committee?

Especially when he says you don't need science, you just need a Savior?

According to a tea party elected congress critter (who incidentally sits on the Science committee in Congress), evolution, the Big Bang and other scientific theories are lies straight from the pit of hell.

Evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are major underpinnings of mainstream science. And Georgia Republican Rep. Paul Broun, a physician who sits on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee, says they are “lies straight from the pit of hell.”

Broun, who is unopposed for reelection in November, made the comments in a videotaped Sept. 27 speech at a sportsman's banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga., according to the Associated Press.

Here are his remarks:

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

Broun spokeswoman Meredith Griffanti told the Athens Banner-Herald that “Dr. Broun was speaking off the record to a large church group about his personal beliefs regarding religious issues.”

The church had posted Broun’s full speech to YouTube on Thursday, according to the Athens Banner-Herald, but the video appears to have been removed as of Sunday.

Quick question..............should a person who thinks that major theories that scientists have come up with are satanic lies really be on the House Science Committee?

You are one of those who believe there once was nothing, and that this nothing just decided to blow up one day and create everything, aren't you?

LOL

Talk about a freaky faith. I would say you are unfit for government - along with many other things.

Here are his remarks:

You are one of those who believe there once was nothing, and that this nothing just decided to blow up one day and create everything, aren't you?

LOL

Talk about a freaky faith. I would say you are unfit for government - along with many other things.
I love it when the know-it-alls think they are being brilliant when they say something moronic but don't know it because they are too stupid to know what idiots they are.

According to science there never was "nothing" and there never will be "nothing." It's a proven Law of science, and probably the first thing you learn in Grammar School Science. It's called the First Law of Thermodynamics, but Grammar Schoolers know it as the Law of Conservation of Energy.

March 01, 2012
RUSH: To put it bluntly, dumb people are too dumb to know it." It's a blessing! You know, the worst thing would be to be dumb and to know it -- and there's evidence all over that the dumb do not know they're dumb.

Last edited:

LOL

I love it when the know-it-alls think they are being brilliant when they say something moronic but don't know it because they are too stupid to know what idiots they are.

According to science there never was "nothing" and there never will be "nothing." It's a proven Law of science, and probably the first thing you learn in Grammar School Science. It's called the First Law of Thermodynamics, but Grammar Schoolers know it as the Law of Conservation of Energy.

Before the Big Bang there was _________________________.

LOL

LOL

LOL
Thank you for proving my point! :rofl::lmao:

LOL
Thank you for proving my point! :rofl::lmao:

Can't answer the question, eh?

I suppose you want us to just accept your freaky religion on faith.

What a freaky Shaman you are!

LOL

We seem to have a disagreement on religion and origins of the Universe, Ed.

Yours is a freaky faith.

Just because I think so, should that preclude you from holding public office?

He is what passes as a scientist to Republicans these days

LOL

Where did God come from?

I don't know.

Should that preclude me from holding public office?

More Theorizing from the Grand Theorists themselves.

Those guys are SO smart! :D

People who think like that aren't competent enough to hold any form of candidacy in office.

Agreed.

Thinking that there was once absolutely nothing that just decided to blow up one day and become everything is beyond any rational thought and should disqualify him from breathing, much less being a candidate for office!

People who think like that aren't competent enough to hold any form of candidacy in office.

Agreed.

Thinking that there was once absolutely nothing that just decided to blow up one day and become everything is beyond any rational thought and should disqualify him from breathing, much less being a candidate for office!

Especially when you can have a magical creature create it all for you

Agreed.

We seem to be in disagreement. In fact, you are in disagreement with about 95% of humans on earth.

You are therefore a freak, but should that disqualify you from holding office... or breathing?

Last edited:
Agreed.

We seem to be in disagreement. In fact, you are in disagreement with about 95% of humans on earth.

You are therefore a freak, but should that disqualify you from holding office... or breathing?

Oh ...I see

religion is decided by a vote. You do realize most in the world would vote for a religion contrary to your own?

Forum List

Back