"Lies straight from the pit of Hell"..........

He is what passes as a scientist to Republicans these days

Well, he IS on the same "science" committee as Achin Akin so its quite likely they share the belief that women can control whether or not they get pregnant.

Anybody surprised that the usual utterly brainless numbnuts who AGREE with this horseshit?

Also, did anyone see the photo of this "morAn" in front of a wall of dead heads? Ya wanna talk, the "pit of hell" ... that's it.

Lots of scientists, including some of the greatest ones, believe(d) exactly as he does.

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

The bolded is obviously the most troubling, as it would be preferable for members of Congress to vote according to facts and reason, not subjective religious dogma and superstition.

It also helps to be able to run for reelection unopposed.

Lots of scientists, including some of the greatest ones, believe(d) exactly as he does.

In fact, the vast majority of scientists believe in God, and even large majorities of those in the natural sciences -- people in disciplines like physics, chemistry and biology -- believe in God.

They aren't fucking stupid.

In fact, the vast majority of scientists believe in God, and even large majorities of those in the natural sciences -- people in disciplines like physics, chemistry and biology -- believe in God.

They don't believe in a personal God.

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

The bolded is obviously the most troubling, as it would be preferable for members of Congress to vote according to facts and reason, not subjective religious dogma and superstition.

Nothing is more faith-based than a belief that nothing blew up one day and created everything.

Talk about yer stupid dogma!

They don't believe in a personal God.

That is a distinction without a difference in the context of origins of the universe.

You are getting your ass kicked.

Nothing is more faith-based than a belief that nothing blew up one day and created everything.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
Adolf Hitler

There are actually several theories about what existed before the event we refer to as the Big Bang. They include String Theory, Boson Theory, Multiverse Theory, and others. So the notion that out of nothing came something has essentially taken a back seat across the board.

Those theories are no better or worse than the notion of an omnipresent, omnipotent god.

And to think that "I have the answer" is absurd, and seems to me to be quite egotistical.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
Adolf Hitler

You have told a number of whoppers here to support your whacked out religion.

LOL

Forum List

Back