Liberal Intellectual Elite ("LIE")

Let's just remember who peddles hobgoblin strawmen, with bigoted sweeping generalizations. :lol:

"Let's just remember who peddles hobgoblin strawmen, with bigoted sweeping generalizations."

it would take a VERY STUPID person to NOT REALIZE that conservatives do THAT all the time;

"liberals hate America"
"liberals hate christians"
"liberals want to destroy America"
"liberals are morons"
"liberals hate facts"
"liberals LIE"

not...SOME liberals

but SWEEPING GENERALIZATIONS about ALL liberals and ALL democrats

THAT is what MANY conservatives do

certainly MOST conservatives on these boards

and cons like oreilly, beck, limbaugh, coulter, malkin, hannity...

And the truth bothers you? Imagine that, Gracie.

those SWEEPING GENERALIZATIONS about liberals are not true.

in fact, I would have to say that any person who believes that those things are true must be some kind of deranged moron

and THAT is the truth.

and that truth doesn't bother me at all.

actually, the google spellchecker will work on a post that you quote.
I know. But I had to notice the misspellings first, didn't I? That was the reason I quoted the post.
My point is...TM does not give a shit about spelling and she never takes the time to spell check... that does not mean she is uneducated or stupid or less than thoughtful.
No, her stupid and unthoughful posts mean she's stupid and less than thoughtful.
and it is no surprise that conservatives and liberals have opposing views of what will make America better. That has always been the case. Unfortunately for YOUR side, those issues that were super liberal issues a century ago and vehemently opposed by conservatives, are NOW issues that are widely accepted as part and parcel of America... from women's suffrage to the clean water act... from the rights of workers to organize to workplace safety...from child labor laws to social security and medicare.... you all LOST the last century and WE WON it, and if you don't think that America is a better place because of all those changes, then you better fucking move, because there ain't a snowball's chance in hell that we're headed backwards on any of those issues. sorry
Ummm...who's saying women should no longer have the franchise or we all want to pollute the water?

Oh, yeah...your bigotry against conservatives. Dumbass. :lol:

Liberals used to be about liberty. Now, they're about greater government control of individual lives.

That will change.

conseratives refuse to allow gays the right to marry

conservatives are the ones who ensure that antiquated pot laws remain unchanged

I won't deny that liberals support CERTAIN governmental controls of individual lives

but so do conservatives

Lets just remember who hates higher education, science and History?
Let's just remember who peddles hobgoblin strawmen, with bigoted sweeping generalizations. :lol:

Partisan hacks of every flavor.

For every leftist nut you care to name I can name a religious right nut who wants to pretend there's a war on Christmas and that all atheists are evil.

This is a little awkward for me but I was going to start this thread by posting a List of USMB's Liberal Intellectual Elite ("LIE"), but see, because they are "Elite", how would I even know it?

They're a French First Growth wine and I'm a can of Ripple; they are a fine quill pen and I am a Crayola; they are a Cohiba and I'm a blunt.

Accordingly, since I cannot rely on my lowbrow judgment, I will suggest someone for membership (They probably already maintain their own secret list of the LIE's Club) and use some of their postings to back up why it is they might be Elite.

Then, like Global Warming Science, we will throw it open for Peer Review and see if we reach Consensus.

Therefore, as the first Member of the USMB Liberal Intellectual Elite ("LIE"), I hereby nominate TruthMatters for the following:

"Elitist | Define Elitist at Dictionary.com

e·lit·ism   /ɪˈlitɪzəm, eɪˈli-/ Show Spelled[ih-lee-tiz-uhm, ey-lee-] Show IPA
–noun
1. practice of or belief in rule by an elite.
2. consciousness of or pride in belonging to a select or favored group.

How is supporting democracy being an elitist?

Just more bullshit from the right who want our country owned by the 1% because they worship them like Gods."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/124354-how-do-you-identify-an-elitist.html#post2493871

We can now begin the rigorous Peer Review Process and if you can find some tree rings to back up your assertion, so much the better.

Last edited:
I've just been informed that the Liberal Intellectual Elite does exist, but they do not post here.

That would explain a lot

you miss the point. Of COURSE no conservatives are opposing any of those initiatives now. BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOW BECOME ABSORBED INTO THE SPHERE OF ISSUES THAT CONSERVATIVES NOW EMBRACE. Because, like it or not, America has moved left at a relatively steady rate for a hundred years.
Uh huh.
And no. I am not bigoted. I have a political ideology that shapes the directions in which I think America needs to evolve. WIlliam Joyce IS wrong. Jews don't control the world. Tell me what claims I have made that are wrong. Am I wrong to say that conservatives consistently opposed liberal progressive issues for the last 100 years? Am I wrong when I claim that issues that were once ultra-liberal are now accepted by conservatives and that conservatives now support and defend? Really... what "claim" have I made that is wrong in any way? Do tell.
When you claim that you will not let conservatives roll back the progress you've made. That's why I asked who was calling for that.

You believe conservatives want women to no longer have the vote, and to be able to pollute at will.

That's bigotry.

conseratives refuse to allow gays the right to marry
So does Obama. So do many liberals. That's why gay marriage referendums keep failing. You really don't think it's just conservatives voting against them, do you? If you do, the claim that America is left-leaning falls flat.
conservatives are the ones who ensure that antiquated pot laws remain unchanged
There's a crime problem? Make the crime legal. Brilliant.

Okay, I'll get on board with legalizing pot if we make the second pot DUI life imprisonment. My daughters will be driving in a few years, and the roads are bad enough without stoners drving to Denny's. Deal?
I won't deny that liberals support CERTAIN governmental controls of individual lives

but so do conservatives
Hell, you want to control people's thoughts! I don't think you can point to anything conservatives want to do that'll top that.

Because you can not refute the simple fact that the investigation was run by a man with a Stake in its findings. An unelected Politician with ties to Carbon selling. He OWNS companies that DEPEND on man made global warming being the accepted view of things. BUT you would pretend otherwise.

Talk about a coward and a dishonest broker, you are both.

.....As-opposed-to those chickenshits who fail to decide whether-or-not they'd have supported Prohibition against alcohol, right?

:rolleyes:

By the way RETARD, I don't drink. I think anyone that does is wasting their time. I personally would not care if alcohol was banned, along with cigarettes.
So, you're a Puritan, by nature.

puritan%20bloke.jpg

I'm not surprised.​

I've just been informed that the Liberal Intellectual Elite does exist, but they do not post here.

That would explain a lot

Ah Francis.

It looks like your thread has crapped out and turned into a flame fest.

I mean, who would have seen that coming?

Well, it would be nice if I could get to talk to someone who was part of the Liberal Intellectual Elite.

Do you have a contact number for any of them?

That would explain a lot

Ah Francis.

Well, it would be nice if I could get to talk to someone who was part of the Liberal Intellectual Elite.

Sorry, I don't have anything to support your confabulations.

I suggest you start trolling the high end bars in Manhatten or something. As has previously been pointed out to you the "Liberal Elite" most likely doesn't hang out on USMB.

Actually, it would have made more sense if you just wanted to rant about "elites" period as both political persuasions have their group of elitist. On your side, you have most of the bankers, CEOs, etc who trick you all into voting against your own economic interests year after year in order to shore up their bottom line.

You'd think the fuckers would be nice enough to at least invite you on their yachts or something, but then you find out that they have contempt for you and the rest of the useless idiots and rubes that are easily suckered.

Ah Francis.

Sorry, I don't have anything to support your confabulations.

I suggest you start trolling the high end bars in Manhatten or something. As has previously been pointed out to you the "Liberal Elite" most likely doesn't hang out on USMB.

Actually, it would have made more sense if you just wanted to rant about "elites" period as both political persuasions have their group of elitist. On your side, you have most of the bankers, CEOs, etc who trick you all into voting against your own economic interests year after year in order to shore up their bottom line.

You'd think the fuckers would be nice enough to at least invite you on their yachts or something, but then you find out that they have contempt for you and the rest of the useless idiots and rubes that are easily suckered.

So, you too agree with the premise that there are no Liberal Intellectual Elites at USMB.

Can you at least give me a hint of who these people are? Is Pinch Sulzberger one of the LIE?

Joe Biden?

How many are there? 3? 4? 10 million?

So, you too agree with the premise that there are no Liberal Intellectual Elites at USMB.

Can you at least give me a hint of who these people are? Is Pinch Sulzberger one of the LIE?

Joe Biden?

As I said, I doubt "elites" spend much time posting on internet message boards period.

As for the rest, I have no idea. You are the one that seems to be so concerned about it, so I am sure you can do your own research.

Maybe you can go back and channel Dan Quayle and his speech about the "cultural elites" or whatever the hell he said.

Joe Biden?

As I said, I doubt "elites" spend much time posting on internet message boards period.

As for the rest, I have no idea. You are the one that seems to be so concerned about it, so I am sure you can do your own research.

Maybe you can go back and channel Dan Quayle and his speech about the "cultural elites" or whatever the hell he said.

Liberal intellectuals seem to be MIA at USMB as well.

Well, in that case what's the next level down from Liberal Intellectual? How do you classify yourself for example?

Well, in that case what's the next level down from Liberal Intellectual? How do you classify yourself for example?

A regular dude with an opinion. The same as you.

As I've told you, I've interacted enough with you to know when you are posting flame bait simply for the sake of stirring shit up.

Did you think we were all going to run on here and demand that you consider us "intellectually elite" or something?

I could care less.

A regular dude with an opinion. The same as you.

As I've told you, I've interacted enough with you to know when you are posting flame bait simply for the sake of stirring shit up.

Did you think we were all going to run on here and demand that you consider us "intellectually elite" or something?

I could care less.

I was hoping would single out Jake Starkey as Liberal Intellectual Elite.

Forum List

Back