Legalized Weed Linked to Spike in Car Crashes

In Colorado, the epicenter of Legal Grass, the black market is doing better than ever and millions are being generated in legal sales too.

I'd say that the amount of dope being smoked is accelerating, even if the number of pot heads is stable.
Can you hook me up I am in need, if not you are not telling the truth...You don't consume so how would you know what the black market is like?

I see pushers in bars all the time, out on the street corner peddling shit.

You don't have to consume in order to see how the market it.

So you're in the bars all the time I guess we can all assume you drive after consuming alcohol.
Legalize PCP because he drinks beer!
hey, the 1980's called it wants it's designer horse drugs back.
While they rant about GMO’s they put a plethora of hazardous waste into their bodies intentionally.

I think you are going to see a massive increase in insurance premiums because of this, especially for drivers in states with a large number of stoned drivers. And it will affect all drivers, even those who don't touch the stuff. After all, even if you are straight edge, some stoner could T-bone you .
The problem is vision and they can't see the distance of a another vehicle. Bet most were rear end crashes.
How do you not see the cars in fron when high? Have you ever been high and driven a vehicle?

Hey, I only smoked grass one time . Only once. I didn't know what I was doing, I was on cocaine.
I think you are trying to make a joke, not very funny though.
1. Unfortunately, too many people are irresponsible idiots. I don't mind people smoking, but if you drive while high, you will be impaired.
2. I don't think that pot impairs driving as badly as alcohol, but that doesn't really matter, as both certainly DO impair driving ability to some extent.
3. It's funny that different posters seem to think that pot is stronger now, or that it was stronger in the past
4. One thing to keep in mind is that there may also be an increase in tourists to the states with legalized weed, which could have something to do with the increase in crashes, too.
5. Someone said something about people being unlikely to drink. Really? That argument is pretty out there. People have been drinking alcohol for thousands of years and show no sign of stopping.

If you get high, don't drive. You might not be as impaired as a drunk driver, but you are still impaired.
Going to tell some secrets here. The level of impairment on pot is dependent on experience. I build custom furniture on the side. I love to get a good buzz and run lumber through the saw. Been doing it for thirty years and I still have all my fingers. The same thing goes for driving while high, some people can do it just fine.

Some people have been drinking and driving for years and have been "fine." It doesn't change the fact that the drivers are impaired. :dunno:
recreational drug taxes could help pay for public transportation.

How much money in Dope Taxes do you think there will be?

Colorado pot sales hit a record $1.5 billion in 2017, and border towns saw a green rush from neighbors – The Denver Post

Colorado passes $1 billion in marijuana state revenue

Try and gauge it if it was legalized on a federal level.

People wouldn't be crossing state lines for grass, if it was legal in every state

Can you hook me up I am in need, if not you are not telling the truth...You don't consume so how would you know what the black market is like?

I see pushers in bars all the time, out on the street corner peddling shit.

You don't have to consume in order to see how the market it.

So you're in the bars all the time I guess we can all assume you drive after consuming alcohol.
Legalize PCP because he drinks beer!
hey, the 1980's called it wants it's designer horse drugs back.
While they rant about GMO’s they put a plethora of hazardous waste into their bodies intentionally.
I know they do yet I grow my own food on my farm and grow my own weed so I know there are no Monsanto cancer products waiting to be consumed..

Going to tell some secrets here. The level of impairment on pot is dependent on experience. I build custom furniture on the side. I love to get a good buzz and run lumber through the saw. Been doing it for thirty years and I still have all my fingers. The same thing goes for driving while high, some people can do it just fine.

Some people have been drinking and driving for years and have been "fine." It doesn't change the fact that the drivers are impaired. :dunno:

Colorado pot sales hit a record $1.5 billion in 2017, and border towns saw a green rush from neighbors – The Denver Post

People wouldn't be crossing state lines for grass, if it was legal in every state
I'd mail order..

Why do you think making weed illegal prevents it from being obtained?

I don't.

But a certain percentage of people just won't buy it from their friendly Pusher Man, and are waiting to buy it at Walmart or Kroger.

I don't.

But a certain percentage of people just won't buy it from their friendly Pusher Man, and are waiting to buy it at Walmart or Kroger.
That’s a long wait.

People have been drinking and driving forever.
Anymore meaningless non-points you want to make?
Like the one you just made? Weed and liquor aren't even close to being equal as to impairment.

Yes they are.
Sure, if someone is bombed out drunk it is the worse. But that is not what most people who drink and drive do. Most people "buzz and drive".
And when comparing buzz to buzz...both absolutely impair your senses. Anyone saying otherwise is, quite simply, an idiot.
High quality MJ can make you confused, delay response time considerably, and alter time perception. Anyone under the influence of it should be arrested under the exact same penalties as drinking. Exactly.

Like the one you just made? Weed and liquor aren't even close to being equal as to impairment.

Yes they are.
Sure, if someone is bombed out drunk it is the worse. But that is not what most people who drink and drive do. Most people "buzz and drive".
And when comparing buzz to buzz...both absolutely impair your senses. Anyone saying otherwise is, quite simply, an idiot.
High quality MJ can make you confused, delay response time considerably, and alter time perception. Anyone under the influence of it should be arrested under the exact same penalties as drinking. Exactly.
Yes sir, officer. :biggrin:

Gee who woulda guessed

That's because the modern dope smoker is now mostly a young liberal inexperienced weenie. They can't handle the stuff. Back in the day, we used to smoke stuff that would kill a buzzard and go right on with our business like it was nothing, and we drove far bigger cars with twice the horsepower and without 100 safety devices to protect you.

That’s so true the new liberal beta millennial can’t even handle a insult much less a joint. It’s far easier to drive on weed than alcohol. They don’t drink alcohol these days because it makes them start crying from sadness.

Gee who woulda guessed

That's because the modern dope smoker is now mostly a young liberal inexperienced weenie. They can't handle the stuff. Back in the day, we used to smoke stuff that would kill a buzzard and go right on with our business like it was nothing, and we drove far bigger cars with twice the horsepower and without 100 safety devices to protect you.

Not actually. It was about 9% THC at the highest back in the day. The average THC of rollable stuff today, is about 24%. The dabs are anywhere up to 90-95% THC. Then they also have the ultra stupid THC crystalline. A gram is equivalent to about 186 grams at the level of 95-98%. Problems are going to manifest in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice that the DOPER aged youngsters can't even properly count change when I buy coffee at these little 'coffee kiosks' scattered throughout the USA and locally . [its funny] Also notice that there is lots of dope smoking going on in cars as I just observe drivers in cars with little smokeless pipes puffing away . I mostly ride a motorcycle and one day I expect / anticipate one of these DOPERS to modify my bike and me with a rear end collision .
It's also negatively impacting the job market and/or labor industries in this country as well. These kids would rather do drugs than work because they are to good for work now (their mom's told them so).
Hippies did that in the 60s then grew up to run wall street.
How many didn't make it huh ???? Try to be real here.

The majority didn’t run anything.

Both are central nervous system depressants. You know how much alcohol you consumed and your BAC. You just might choose to ignore it. The weed is a crap shoot.

I notice that the DOPER aged youngsters can't even properly count change when I buy coffee at these little 'coffee kiosks' scattered throughout the USA and locally . [its funny] Also notice that there is lots of dope smoking going on in cars as I just observe drivers in cars with little smokeless pipes puffing away . I mostly ride a motorcycle and one day I expect / anticipate one of these DOPERS to modify my bike and me with a rear end collision .
It's also negatively impacting the job market and/or labor industries in this country as well. These kids would rather do drugs than work because they are to good for work now (their mom's told them so).
Hippies did that in the 60s then grew up to run wall street.
How many didn't make it huh ???? Try to be real here.
The only people that age asking for handouts on the streets are veterans. And alcoholics.
Please try again.

Or younger heroin addicts, or meth heads.

Forum List

Back